• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Entrtmnt

tangerine

B ● A ● N ● A ● N ● A
AKA
Val
Entertainment Section said:
Entertainment

Poast about music, movies, anime's, and pyrotechnics in the distance here.
"anime is"

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
To nitpick even further, "animes" would also be incorrect; the plural of animé is animé. Japanese nouns don't pluralise with "-s" endings.

I'd probably also recommend adding books to the forum description.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Oh geez I hadn't even seen that yet. My inner grammar nazi is screaming. D:

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
[quote author=V link=topic=482.msg15596#msg15596 date=1234064200]
To nitpick even further, "animes" would also be incorrect; the plural of animé is animé. Japanese nouns don't pluralise with "-s" endings.

[/quote]

But since this word has been pretty much incorporated into foreign languages, it's okay to use the plural endings like you normally would. :monster:
Just like when Japanese use English loanwords, they don't give a damn about using our plural s. Loanwords are bound to be changed a bit depending on the language imo.

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
it still looks wrong to me. It irks me when people say "ninjas" as well, though not quite as much.

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
Nonjas sounds better.

and for the record you grammar nazis...

NEEEEERD!

kunoichi

dead
^That's very constructive criticism you've put thar.

Well anyway, I don't see anyone else complaining about the grammar cause I don't think anyone else noticed, so it's up to someone to change it if they want.

Top Bottom