Epic Mickey for the Wii

Mariketsu

I Am the Darkness, I'm the Monster
AKA
Razael
I know a thread was started about this before, but it seems the last post was back in 2009, so I thought I'd just start a new one.

So, Epic Mickey, what do you guys think, now that more info is out and the release date is this month? Here's the latest trailer for it -

and a link to the Complete FMV Intro for the game -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4O32VFG7hGI

If any of you guys are interested, as I am, any thoughts and interests on it? I for one am very happy to see Oswald the Lucky Rabbit make his new debut to the world, since his short-lived popularity back in 1928. I can't wait to see how this turns out :D.

EDIT: Okay, figured out how to embed youtube videos, finally! Managed to embed that pesky video link, with the help of a friend :lol:.

~ Raz

Last edited:

Mariketsu

AKA
Razael
I'm not sure... but it sure looks like it don't it? It probably is cuz the Forgotten World was based on Disneyland a bit, tho more warped.

~ Raz

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi
This really looks awesome. I'm not sure the final product really lives up to the more steampunky vibe I got from the concept art, but it still looks appropriately twisted imo.

Also really looking forward to it since it seems to take all the things I actually still like about Kingdom Hearts and make a pretty game out of it.

Xinda

Memento Mori
I had a different impression of what the game would look/feel like from the concept part, as well - but it still does have me curious.

Though it's not what I imagined, it certainly does look like it'll at least be good/fun. I'm interested, at least, in playing it.

Mariketsu

AKA
Razael
It did seem to change partly from the original concept art, but the Phantom Blot still seems rather creepy ._. ...but anyway, I really hope people like Oswald. I'd love to see that ol' rabbit in more games and such, like maybe even KH, if he gets popular enough. I wanna see how he interacts with Mickey in the game, as he's considered Mickey's forgotten "older brother" in a sense :lol:.

This is my wishful thinking but, if Oswald does get really popular, I would like to hope they would add him to the Walt and Mickey statue, somewhere in the future, and have Walt holding both of their hands... because Mickey wouldn't have come to the world if it wasn't for Oswald, who pre-dated him. Plus, the rabbit was his first character to come into Disney (that I know of) and I feel he should be honored too. I prolly sound like a sap for that xD, but I just care for the little guy as much as I do for Mickey.

~ Raz

Last edited:

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
I was kinda 'meh' about this, but now I actually think it looks kinda interesting. c: It could be good. . . so I'll probably mooch off of someone and play it some day. :awesome:

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
It went from a 'WTF are they seriously considering this?' kinda game (concept art) to an 'okay platformer', it seems.

LunarSkye

Pro Adventurer
AKA
CL, Prompto
I saw something about this when I was watching E3 '10. It looks like a pretty fun game.

Mariketsu

AKA
Razael
Is no one else interested in it? D: Aww, well, I hope it turns out real well.

~ Raz

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Alex, Ashes, Pennywise, Bill Weasley, Jack's Smirking Revenge, Sterling Archer
My interest in this game has long since waned to be honest. A combination of abandoning the original pitch black tone of the concept art and my own almost painful unenthusiasm for the Wii has worn away the excitement one layer at a time.

It still looks interesting and fresh, and I do genuinely hope it does well. It just feels like too much of a missed opportunity for me to get really excited over this one.

EDIT: However, there is always time for it to change my mind. But I just don't think anything the game can do that will be able to recapture the awe created by those first concept art shots we were shown.

Last edited:
Top Bottom