• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Europe trip, woot!

Fangu

Great Old One
Gatwick Express only takes 30 minutes to London Victoria, however it does cost ~£20 one way.

If you have the time and money, Dawn, take the ferry to the Continent as foot passengers. I'm a bit of a ferry addict so I like to take the overnight ferry from Felixstowe to the Hook of Holland, but there are shorter ferry trips to France from Portsmouth.

Everybody tells me that Strasbourg is an amazing city. Kind of combines France and Germany in one town.

I assume you have looked into rail passes and stuff.

Also, in Switzerland now you will be given free bus passes for any town where you stay in a hotel overnight. So for example if you stayed in Bern for two nights you would get two days worth of free bus passes on the Bern network. It's not THAT useful in Bern because everything is in walking distance, but for somewhere like Geneva it's awesome, plus the bus routes go way outside the city to all kinds of beautiful rural areas.

Hotel Ibis are good value, especially the economy ones. Don't pay for the breakfast, though - go and have cafe and croissant in a cafe.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
If you have the time and money, Dawn, take the ferry to the Continent as foot passengers. I'm a bit of a ferry addict so I like to take the overnight ferry from Felixstowe to the Hook of Holland, but there are shorter ferry trips to France from Portsmouth.

If you opt for that route, I might be able to drive you guys the rest of the way, :monster:

Dawnbreaker

~The Other Side of Fear~
Here's what I got going on so far:

-Fly into London (Gatwick) on the 19th.
-Stay at the Chelsea Cloisters from 19th to the 24th (checking out the 25th)
-Take ferry or fly (haven't confirmed which yet) to Belgium, somehow get to Burgge on the 25th
-Stay at the NH Burgge Hotel from the 25th to the 29th (checking out on the 30th)
-Take ferry or fly (haven't confirmed which yet) back to London
-Stay at the Sofitel London Gatwick from the 30th to the 1st (checking out on the 2nd)
-Fly back to Canada on the 2nd

Main reason I picked the Sofitel for the 2nd London hotel was that it's near the airport so when I fly out there won't be any trouble getting to the airport.

That first week in London I will be spending a lot of time with the in-laws, but I will be seeing what time I have available to see you guys. Otherwise, you can still catch me in Belgium or on the return to London (the 30th and the 1st).

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
Definitely decided to stay around Euston, more than likely will be staying in this hotel, as I've stayed in Travelodges up and down the country, and they've always been nice.

Going to hold off from booking for now, as I want to see if the prices change. So far, I'm getting £227.00 including breakfast and by London rates, that's not bad. It's also the cheapest I've found.

I'm also in the process of booking my train tickets, so excited! :D

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Aight so, late September I can do both UK and Belgium, but, I'll have to pick a date / range. Could take one or two weeks off around then, I'm sure. I'd need Stuff to fill it with though, :monster:

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
Right, I've booked my hotel. So that's one part sorted. :awesome:

Not able to book my train tickets right now, as I'm having problems authorising the payment. Virgin Trains said their website might be updating, so that might be the issue at hand. Going to try again tomorrow, otherwise I've got an annoying customer services phone call to make in the morning.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Aight so, I still need to arrange a day or two off to go to Brugge for shits, giggles and beer. Would you (@D) prefer early in the week (e.g. monday evening) or later in the week? midweek? something?

Dawnbreaker

~The Other Side of Fear~
My preference would be the 27th or 28th. Sorry that that's not a lot of choice there, but the day before we get in at like midnight and the day after is the day before we fly out, bright and early (*groans*). I'd really like a whole day of touring, eating, shopping, chatting, and drinking without worrying about missing a train or a flight. Would either of those days work for you?

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I can Make it Work, :monster:. The only objection really is getting time off at those dates, and given two of my colleagues are away then, people might object. But I'm not sure how objectionable they are about time off, and besides, it'd only be for three days.

I'll bring my phone and laptop, they can reach me in case of emergency. And even if there is, there's other people around that know just as much about stuff than I do.

TL;DR, I'll try to take monday to wednesday off. I'll have to aks about tomorrow at work.

The alternative would be to try and plan something in the weekend or the end of the week before that, but that'd make it Landan.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
one day later: Shouldn't be a problem, the dude said to Just Do It. I think I'd take the first few days of the week off, then. At least :awesome:.

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
I can't wait! I know I have your phone number, but please get in touch with me via Facebook Messenger for the meet-up, etc! :)

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
D3JZwQk.jpg

AvecAloes

Donator
Is that what flights of beer are like there?? Here you get a much smaller amount of each beer.

brb, buying airline tickets

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
What is a flight of beer?

Why is some of that beer pink and yellow?

Shure looks like a stylish way to get shitfaced. I'm a little jealous. :monster:

AvecAloes

Donator
A flight of beer is a sampling of several beers. Normally you get a much lesser amount of each beer, as drinking four (or more) full-sized beers is a way to end up being shitfaced and not really remembering anything about the beers. What is pictured above looks like way more than you'd get of each beer if you ordered a flight here :monster:

i.e., this:
img_6349.jpg

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Yup, that's a tasting experience thing :monster:. Not exactly sure how much was in each glass, I think errr, 20-25 centiliters? So all four would make a liter, or close enough.

I had to drink some of theirs beacause they didn't like everything :monster:

The beers there are (iirc): a cherry beer (Kriek), a white beer, a double (brown) beer, and a triple. A pretty good introduction to Belgian beers that aren't lager, beacause fuck lager. yo.

(Also they may look larger because Dawn isn't very large herself :monster:.)

KJsITZq.jpg

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
Does anybody else think Yop could pass for Ryan Reynolds?
Maybe if you squint or something idk. :closedmonster:

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
Less beer?

I'm sad now :sadpanda:

I don't think Yop looks like Ryan Reynolds cos Yop doesn't look like a sad cartoon dog or some shit. Plus I don't have the urge to punch Yop in the face.

Top Bottom