• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

European Dissidia Prototype (2009) on eBay!

ultima espio

Pro Adventurer
That's the English version, so there might not be much to see. That's dated July, and the game was released in August so it's likely just a review copy identical to the final. Remember that the English PSN demo came out that month.

If that was July 2008 though, that would be 5 months before the original japanese release that would probably have some differences.

Totally a scam, $399.99 for it, then $14.99 shipping.

Last edited:

Tenshin26100

A fan of Betas/Demos
Hello ! :)
I happen to have this UMD disk, and there actually IS differences from the retail release. Here is a picture of the UMD itself :

I got that on Ebay for a much cheaper price than what's listed above, and even got the Duodecim one on PSP of Dissidia :)
Well, since the ID of the game is different, I had to rename the save file folder of the PSP game to match it with this release. And my save indeed worked very well.

As for the file size in comparison of the retail version, there IS a difference. Someone told me it can differ with certain prints of the same game, depending of how it was manufactured, but it cannot justify such size differences. I even have the promo version distributed to the press with the little square shaped paper and the UMD inside, and it totally matches the UMD size of the retail version.
Here, take a look :

ULES01270 (Retail Version) : 1611 Mbs
ULET01271 (Pre-Production) : 1637 Mbs

It is as shown on my PSP while dumping the disks to compare them if there is any differences. Here it is :

But what is the actual differences then with the retail version ? I cannot precisely tell, but all I found while comparing both disks is that there is a dummy file of a cutscene left on the disk.
It's an .xml file that have been modified the 3rd of October 2008, a date that happens to be even before the japanese release, the 18th of December 2008.

The left one being the retail version, while the right one is being the pre-production.
Another detail difference is in the "DATA" folder with the files "PACKAGE_INFO.bin" and "PACKAGE.bin" that have a totally different file size. Look at that by yourself, and also, they have a different modification date as well. :)

But what does files contains ? I have no ideas, we would need someone that is good enough to do a data mining here, because it's not something I know how to do.

That's what I could contribute to the case, I hope it was helpful to anyone. And if Shademp wants the ISO file to do some researches, please contact me by sending me a PM ! ^^ :lol:

PS : The source of the UMD disk pictures are from my Instagram account. No pictures were stolen ! ^^
https://www.instagram.com/p/BVNYdZ6Dnew/?taken-by=tenshin26100_gaming

Last edited:
The contents of the DES01_001.XML file for anyone curious. :monster:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE clip[<!ELEMENT clip (SequenceInfo)><!ATTLIST clip stream_type CDATA #REQUIRED ClipInfoXmlVersion CDATA #REQUIRED><!ELEMENT SequenceInfo (Stream)+><!ATTLIST SequenceInfo presentation_start_time CDATA #REQUIRED presentation_end_time CDATA #REQUIRED MUX_rate_bound CDATA #REQUIRED std_delay_bound CDATA #REQUIRED><!ELEMENT Stream ((VideoStreamInfo|AudioStreamInfo|SubtitleStreamInfo),CPI)><!ATTLIST Stream stream_id CDATA #REQUIRED private_stream_id CDATA #REQUIRED P-STD_buffer CDATA #REQUIRED><!ELEMENT VideoStreamInfo (frame_rate,aspect_ratio,cc_flag,fundamental_grain_information,video_change_points)><!ATTLIST VideoStreamInfo width CDATA #REQUIRED height CDATA #REQUIRED cpb_size CDATA #REQUIRED><!ELEMENT frame_rate (#PCDATA)><!ELEMENT aspect_ratio (#PCDATA)><!ELEMENT cc_flag (#PCDATA)><!ELEMENT fundamental_grain_information ANY><!ELEMENT video_change_points ANY><!ATTLIST video_change_points number_of_video_change_points CDATA #REQUIRED><!ELEMENT AudioStreamInfo (audio_language_code,lfe_existence,audio_change_points)><!ATTLIST AudioStreamInfo channel_configuration CDATA #REQUIRED sampling_frequency CDATA #REQUIRED><!ELEMENT audio_language_code (#PCDATA)><!ELEMENT lfe_existence (#PCDATA)><!ELEMENT audio_change_points ANY><!ATTLIST audio_change_points number_of_audio_change_points CDATA #REQUIRED><!ELEMENT SubtitleStreamInfo (subtitle_language_code,subtitle_display_aspect_ratio,subtitle_customize_flag,subtitle_change_points)><!ELEMENT subtitle_language_code (#PCDATA)><!ELEMENT subtitle_display_aspect_ratio (#PCDATA)><!ELEMENT subtitle_customize_flag (#PCDATA)><!ELEMENT subtitle_change_points ANY><!ATTLIST subtitle_change_points number_of_subtitle_change_points CDATA #REQUIRED><!ELEMENT CPI (EP_map)><!ELEMENT EP_map (EP_V|EP_S)*><!ELEMENT EP_V EMPTY><!ATTLIST EP_V index_N_minus1 CDATA #REQUIRED N-th_Ref_picture_copy CDATA #REQUIRED PTS_EP_start CDATA #REQUIRED RPN_EP_start CDATA #REQUIRED><!ELEMENT EP_S EMPTY><!ATTLIST EP_S PTS_EP_start CDATA #REQUIRED RPN_EP_start CDATA #REQUIRED>]>
<clip stream_type="1" ClipInfoXmlVersion="0.8.8">
  <SequenceInfo presentation_start_time="90000" presentation_end_time="3879786" MUX_rate_bound="25000" std_delay_bound="90000">
    <Stream stream_id="0xE0" private_stream_id="0" P-STD_buffer="0x20FB">
      <VideoStreamInfo width="480" height="272" cpb_size="2000000">
        <frame_rate>4</frame_rate>
        <aspect_ratio>15</aspect_ratio>
        <cc_flag>0</cc_flag>
        <fundamental_grain_information>
        </fundamental_grain_information>
        <video_change_points number_of_video_change_points="0">
        </video_change_points>
      </VideoStreamInfo>
      <CPI>
        <EP_map>
          <EP_V index_N_minus1="4" N-th_Ref_picture_copy="0x3" PTS_EP_start="90000" RPN_EP_start="0" />
          <EP_V index_N_minus1="4" N-th_Ref_picture_copy="0xe" PTS_EP_start="228138" RPN_EP_start="171" />
          <EP_V index_N_minus1="4" N-th_Ref_picture_copy="0x11" PTS_EP_start="330240" RPN_EP_start="305" />
          <EP_V index_N_minus1="4" N-th_Ref_picture_copy="0x15" PTS_EP_start="507417" RPN_EP_start="553" />
          <EP_V index_N_minus1="4" N-th_Ref_picture_copy="0x13" PTS_EP_start="648558" RPN_EP_start="709" />
          <EP_V index_N_minus1="4" N-th_Ref_picture_copy="0x18" PTS_EP_start="753663" RPN_EP_start="832" />
          <EP_V index_N_minus1="4" N-th_Ref_picture_copy="0x14" PTS_EP_start="870780" RPN_EP_start="1052" />
          <EP_V index_N_minus1="4" N-th_Ref_picture_copy="0x10" PTS_EP_start="939849" RPN_EP_start="1153" />
          <EP_V index_N_minus1="4" N-th_Ref_picture_copy="0x14" PTS_EP_start="1102011" RPN_EP_start="1335" />
          <EP_V index_N_minus1="4" N-th_Ref_picture_copy="0x1f" PTS_EP_start="1165074" RPN_EP_start="1401" />
          <EP_V index_N_minus1="4" N-th_Ref_picture_copy="0x8" PTS_EP_start="1315224" RPN_EP_start="1566" />
          <EP_V index_N_minus1="4" N-th_Ref_picture_copy="0x9" PTS_EP_start="1480389" RPN_EP_start="1750" />
          <EP_V index_N_minus1="4" N-th_Ref_picture_copy="0x10" PTS_EP_start="1588497" RPN_EP_start="1830" />
          <EP_V index_N_minus1="4" N-th_Ref_picture_copy="0xa" PTS_EP_start="1687596" RPN_EP_start="1993" />
          <EP_V index_N_minus1="4" N-th_Ref_picture_copy="0x1f" PTS_EP_start="1852761" RPN_EP_start="2138" />
          <EP_V index_N_minus1="4" N-th_Ref_picture_copy="0x11" PTS_EP_start="2029938" RPN_EP_start="2266" />
          <EP_V index_N_minus1="4" N-th_Ref_picture_copy="0x12" PTS_EP_start="2207115" RPN_EP_start="2390" />
          <EP_V index_N_minus1="4" N-th_Ref_picture_copy="0x12" PTS_EP_start="2384292" RPN_EP_start="2517" />
          <EP_V index_N_minus1="4" N-th_Ref_picture_copy="0x1c" PTS_EP_start="2558466" RPN_EP_start="2751" />
          <EP_V index_N_minus1="4" N-th_Ref_picture_copy="0x13" PTS_EP_start="2669577" RPN_EP_start="2941" />
          <EP_V index_N_minus1="4" N-th_Ref_picture_copy="0x13" PTS_EP_start="2816724" RPN_EP_start="3132" />
          <EP_V index_N_minus1="4" N-th_Ref_picture_copy="0x22" PTS_EP_start="2873781" RPN_EP_start="3204" />
          <EP_V index_N_minus1="4" N-th_Ref_picture_copy="0x6" PTS_EP_start="3050958" RPN_EP_start="3434" />
          <EP_V index_N_minus1="4" N-th_Ref_picture_copy="0xc" PTS_EP_start="3099006" RPN_EP_start="3472" />
          <EP_V index_N_minus1="4" N-th_Ref_picture_copy="0xe" PTS_EP_start="3270177" RPN_EP_start="3658" />
          <EP_V index_N_minus1="4" N-th_Ref_picture_copy="0x10" PTS_EP_start="3432339" RPN_EP_start="3789" />
          <EP_V index_N_minus1="4" N-th_Ref_picture_copy="0x1c" PTS_EP_start="3573480" RPN_EP_start="3945" />
          <EP_V index_N_minus1="4" N-th_Ref_picture_copy="0x12" PTS_EP_start="3720627" RPN_EP_start="4095" />
        </EP_map>
      </CPI>
    </Stream>
    <Stream stream_id="0xBD" private_stream_id="0" P-STD_buffer="0x2004">
      <AudioStreamInfo channel_configuration="2" sampling_frequency="2">
        <audio_language_code>en</audio_language_code>
        <lfe_existence>0</lfe_existence>
        <audio_change_points number_of_audio_change_points="0">
        </audio_change_points>
      </AudioStreamInfo>
      <CPI>
        <EP_map />
      </CPI>
    </Stream>
  </SequenceInfo>
</clip>

It is definitely possible to extract the PACKAGE.BIN file (Noesis doesn't work, even if you change the extension to .pkg, which is the extension Crisis Core uses). I might look into this at some later point so it can be compared in more detail with the retail edition. This would be a good excuse for me to finally create an ISO of my copy of Dissidia.

Tenshin26100

A fan of Betas/Demos
Hey, I'm glad you could give it a look at the UMD I sent you ! :)
What about the PACKAGE_INFO.bin, no luck to extract it either ? If you want my personal copy of my Dissidia UMD, feel free to ask, I'll forward you that as well ! ;)

And thanks for the DES01_001.XML file details. I've no clues of what it talks about, but I do seem to see that it is an uncomplete version of the full CGI cutscene that holds the same name ! :)

ultima espio

Pro Adventurer
You can unpack the package.bin but you'll never know what's different in it, since the files don't have names, they are just hashes. You'd just have to play and look for differences, but I doubt it's anything interesting since it's the English release and it's only a few days before it was finished.

Tenshin26100

A fan of Betas/Demos
You can unpack the package.bin but you'll never know what's different in it, since the files don't have names, they are just hashes. You'd just have to play and look for differences, but I doubt it's anything interesting since it's the English release and it's only a few days before it was finished.

He could find datas from a BETA disk of dirge of cerberus that you could not find through normal gameplay since the disk isn't bootable anymore :)
So maybe there IS some discoveries to make, the best way to know is to check, don't you think ? ^^

Top Bottom