• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Eurovision Song Contest!!

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
I picked six countries I wanted to go through, and five of them did. Only Austria missed out. But I haven't been particularly excited by any of the songs on show so far. Hopefully Thursday's semi-final will be better.

Lex

Administrator
I was pleased with the results but a little surprised about the Netherlands. I know Anouk is a popular artist but 0_0

Fangu

Great Old One
I AM SO EXCITE ABOUT TONIGHT :excited:

Edit: Another underappreciated song that I lovelovelove is Bosnia and Herzegovina 2009, Regina with "Bistro Voda". The song fits his voice perfectly and he looks genuinely sad. I want to hug him and comfort him
and then take him to bed

B&H aren't competing this year due to financial reasons. Pout.

Last edited:

Lex

Administrator
Emmelies-flute-player.jpg

Marcus

Consumed By Darkness
Skype with you, Fangu and Ami (if she is on), will be oh so fun tonight with eurovision :/.

I only care about the Final show, actually looking forward to it after listening to you three talk about it for the past week and a half.

Fangu

Great Old One
You don't have to join the call tonight, you know :P That being said I think you want to because all our ESC rant has gotten you hooked but you don't want to admit it :desu:

Marcus

Consumed By Darkness
lol I quite enjoy listening to you all, especially when something you don't expect happens like on Tuesday, it's funny how much you are all drawn into it :awesome:

Lex

Administrator
I just met my friend for coffee (she's flying back to Sweden later tonight so I won't see her until August-ish) and we spent the entire 2 hours talking about Eurovision. I actually convinced my straight friend to watch it due to the funnies.

How to get a straight man to watch Eurovision in the UK (person must be from the internet) - "It's where Epic Sax Man came from! Know that song Euphoria?" etc etc etc.

I really wish the attitude about Eurovision wasn't so snobby in the UK. I like it, it's an important thing to bring all the European countries together for something fun and friendly. Even if we do all take the piss out of each other.

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
Am I right in thinking that normally they don't do semi finals? I can't remember hearing about that before. Anyway I'm looking forward to it on saturday. It's just a bit of fun, it's rare that my kind of music gets played but I can still enjoy the spectacle.

Kuroto

Pro Adventurer
The Eurovisions have had a semifinals since 2004, and the semifinals have been divided into two groups since 2008. So it's not that new really.

I'm going to miss most of the contest today because I'm on a train and I really doubt the connection will be good enough to watch it. :< Luckily I can watch it tomorrow too.

Fangu

Great Old One
WOO NORWAY, FINLAND AND ICELAND

I had 8/10 right this Semi:

Latvia
Azerbaijan *
Finland *
Iceland *
Greece *
Armenia *
Norway *
Albania
Georgia *
Romania *

Hungary
Malta

Quite happy about Romania tbh :lol:

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
The running order for the final has been announced:
  1. France
  2. Lithuania
  3. Moldova
  4. Finland
  5. Spain
  6. Belgium
  7. Estonia
  8. Belarus
  9. Malta
  10. Russia
  11. Germany
  12. Armenia
  13. The Netherlands
  14. Romania
  15. United Kingdom
  16. Sweden
  17. Hungary
  18. Denmark
  19. Iceland
  20. Azerbaijan
  21. Greece
  22. Ukraine
  23. Italy
  24. Norway
  25. Georgia
  26. Ireland

This year the running order was chosen by the organisers, after each country had been drawn into either the first or second half of the show randomly. There have already been "conspiracy theories" about the organisers favouring certain (Scandinavian) countries, so I thought I'd have a look at which positions have been beneficial to countries in the past.

Since the semi-final format was adopted in 2004, the winning country's place in the running order in the final has been 10, 19, 17, 17, 24, 20, 22, 19 and 17. Aside from the first year, in which Ukraine won from 10th, every winner has been near the end of the show, from 17th to 24th. The modal winning position is 17, the mean is 18 and the median is 19, so perhaps it's safe to say that those three positions give a country a higher than average chance of winning. And what do you know, there are two Scandinavian countries in those three positions: Denmark in 18th and Iceland in 19th. Sweden aren't far away, either, in 16th.

I'm not saying it's a conspiracy, mind you; I think that term is thrown around far too readily these days, usually without any proof whatsoever. It's clear that the running order does have an effect, though. It won't make a rubbish entry win - Germany managed to lose from 17th place in 2005, for example - but it might give one of the front-runners a crucial edge over its rivals. With that in mind, my money would be on Denmark for tomorrow night.

For what it's worth, the last-placed countries in those nine years have been a bit more spread out, but are still somewhat clustered around 3rd and 13th. I'm guessing that the first cluster exists because it's too early for people to make their mind up, while the second exists because of mid-show boredom; people could be taking a break to get food or use the toilet around that time.

Last edited:

Fangu

Great Old One
I think these will do well:

Denmark
Russia
Azerbaijan
Greece (they always do)

Sweden might be the dark horse, depending on the live performance. Same with Italy really. I think Norway will do well, I'm not going to put them in the top because I feel biased about it.

I think Denmark is gonna take it home, I really do.

Lex

Administrator
Denmark and Norway will do very well IMO. Ireland will get 12 points from the UK because the song sounds like UK chart music tbh. That's about all the predictions I'm going to make :D.

I don't see Azerbaijan winning.

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
The UK is 16th. It's been 16 years since we last won. There were 16 years between our last winner and the winner before that. SUPERSTITION!

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
I wanted to log on to say how hilarious the dancers were on 'Love Kills' but shitty server error sdkbdgkbdffdknbgajfga

Fangu

Great Old One
France had a very good performance, and extremely hawt!! This woman is neither super pretty or walking around in high heels trying to be sexy, but she's probably more sexy than all the other female contestants. This is music you can have sex to :desu: She made an impression. Hawt mess. There's a bit of Tina in it. I love her. Hungary is a mess and I hate it, Romania is awesome, Denmark is gonna win, Russia, Greece and Azerbaijan are gonna do well, I love Ukraine, Norway did good,

I LOVE ICELAND

, Sweden was cute, Belgium cuter, Italy was really good...

1. Denmark
2. Russia
3. Ukraine
4. Greece
5. Norway
Edit: Those are my predictions

OMG GAY KISS!!!!!! I LOVE SWEDEN FOR DOING THAT THEY GOT SOME BALLS

Also Marcus during the pause number with the host: "There's a woman in milk. I am moving to Sweden."

Last edited:

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
WE'RE GONG TO DENAMRK NEXT YEAR, BB <3

Top Bottom