• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Evangelion

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi
Thought I'd post this as seperate from the general animu thread.

I've just gotten back from watching rebuild and have to say that I am slightly fangasming. It's Eva with the production budget it never had!

Also, I was wondering if the platinum version DVDs are worth the investment (I've found a used version of the platinum box set on Ebay for $15 including shipping). I have some old pirated DVD copies but it's missing the last episode and the subtitles are kind of wonky.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
Thought I'd post this as seperate from the general animu thread.

I've just gotten back from watching rebuild and have to say that I am slightly fangasming. It's Eva with the production budget it never had!

Also, I was wondering if the platinum version DVDs are worth the investment (I've found a used version of the platinum box set on Ebay for $15 including shipping). I have some old pirated DVD copies but it's missing the last episode and the subtitles are kind of wonky.

I actually enjoyed the second movie more than most of the original series :/

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
I've not seen any of the movies, and I have no idea wtf 'Rebuild' is.

But I have the platinum DVD set, and you should definitely buy it. Best eighty dollars for anime I ever spent. =D

Raquelborn

"I slice your ass in 4."
AKA
Raq, Raquel.
Is this Rebuild 3.0 or are all four movies out already?

If so I better prepare for some fangasming tonight.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
there's a good while before the last two movies are released unfortunately.

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi
I actually enjoyed the second movie more than most of the original series :/

I've only seen the first one so far. It was basically just a straight up remake of the first few episodes with little variation, but I had no problem with that. It worked well as a segway into the rest of the series, as it sets up all the ~mysteries~ for new fans and demonstrates to old fans how carefully they're handling the material. There are still three more movies for there to be more changes.

Also, considering the episodes the second deals with, I wouldn't be surprised if the quality is that much better. Don't get me wrong, some of the best moments come from the middle of the series (the Asuka/Shinji synchronized fight, berserk eva ripping Touji to shreds etc.) but I think it also suffered from the drab "monster of the week" formula which made it a little bit meh. IMO the plot doesn't get really interesting until the latter episodes when all the psycho shit happens. Granted, it's been years since I've seen the series but that was the impression I had when I watched it last.

If anything, Rebuild has motivated me to pick up the series again so hurrah I have the Platinum box set ordered :monster:

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
I've only seen the first one so far. It was basically just a straight up remake of the first few episodes with little variation, but I had no problem with that. It worked well as a segway into the rest of the series, as it sets up all the ~mysteries~ for new fans and demonstrates to old fans how carefully they're handling the material. There are still three more movies for there to be more changes.
From the second film on, it does seem to be going in its own direction or giving a new spin on events from the original series compared with the 'remake' feel of the first film.

Alex Strife

Ex-SOLDIER
It may not be a remake.

And that's all I can say!

:)

PS: Both the original series and rebuild are plain awesome, by the way.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA

Also, considering the episodes the second deals with, I wouldn't be surprised if the quality is that much better. Don't get me wrong, some of the best moments come from the middle of the series (the Asuka/Shinji synchronized fight, berserk eva ripping Touji to shreds etc.) but I think it also suffered from the drab "monster of the week" formula which made it a little bit meh. IMO the plot doesn't get really interesting until the latter episodes when all the psycho shit happens. Granted, it's been years since I've seen the series but that was the impression I had when I watched it last.

If anything, Rebuild has motivated me to pick up the series again so hurrah I have the Platinum box set ordered :monster:

Dood, rebuild follows it's own groove, and it's not so much a remake as a retelling, with events and some characters being vastly different.

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
Gonna get me dem DVD's to see... I hope it's 2 hours long or something for the 1st film.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
The second film is also so much more awesome than the first. Parkour Eva ftw

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
Looks like it's time to PIRATE DAT SHIT.

1251878044484.gif

To the piratebay!

Animexcel

Pro Adventurer
Evangelion 2.22 was awesome. I enjoyed it more than the tv series too. Can't wait to see what happens next :)

Raquelborn

"I slice your ass in 4."
AKA
Raq, Raquel.
So I just watched Rebuild 2.22 and OMG WOW.

The beginning felt a bit slow but the pacing picked up like anything. Amazing fighting scenes. Shinji is certainly less annoying this time round even if still angsty. Half of the time I also forgot they were using CGI. Can't believe what happened with the twist of Eva Unit 4 either. New girl looks cool, too. I like her.

Though, one thing regarding Misato and Shinji's relationship...
Are they insinuating they have more of a mother-son/big sister-little brother thing going on again? Just thinking about when he's about to leave and she goes, "You and I-". I hate that!

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Told you it was fucking awesome.

Also, lolwat do you want from their relationship

Raquelborn

"I slice your ass in 4."
AKA
Raq, Raquel.
Also, lolwat do you want from their relationship

I don't like the idea that they're having some kind of affair or something. :/ I hated it when Misato, in End of Evangelion
kisses Shinji and says he can have the rest later. It was just a mega WT-flying-F.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
I don't like the idea that they're having some kind of affair or something. :/ I hated it when Misato, in End of Evangelion
kisses Shinji and says he can have the rest later. It was just a mega WT-flying-F.

But, what does that have to do with them having a family type relationship? Which would be opposite of that?

Also, I always figured she did that to encourage him, knowing she was about to, you know. Not that she would actually have done it.

The scene you referred to earlier in 2.22 is a representation of her dependence on Shinji, you know sort of as a rock, to help keep her grounded. Not because she wanted to jump him :/

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi
Misato always wanted to be a mother to Shinji, but due to her fucked up relationship issues she didn't know any way to get close to people other than through sex. She has this notion that sex=love when that's not always the case. It's messed up, but then all the Eva characters are.

This reminds me of this great essay I read a few years back regarding parallels between Shinji-Asuka and Kaji-Misato. I kind of regret abandoning the fandom - Eva fans can be retarded, but they do offer some great insightful theories from time to time.

Top Bottom