• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Evangelion

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
who the hell hates rebuild

i don't even

who are these people and their opinions that don't match my own

Raquelborn

"I slice your ass in 4."
AKA
Raq, Raquel.
Rebuild turns Misato into more of a bitch and less of a motherly type. That's reason enough to hate it...

ForceStealer

Double Growth
I just watched the first one, the budget certainly does it justice, I can tell you that. The scene from space of all the lights going out was sweet, as were the movements/configurations of that last angel.

But dammit is Shinji tiresome. I know that's the point and its not that I want him to be Heero Yuy or anything, but geez. Its odd because he has moments when I do actually feel for him (generally when he's not being a self-centered douchebag), when he's legitimately worried about Rei, for example. And that his father's a dick and piloting the Eva is frightening. Its not that I wouldn't be terrified and all that but does he have to be so insufferable?

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
Watch the second movie before going on about how Shinji sucks.

Unit-01

Might be around.
AKA
Sic, Anthony
So this is going to be a gigantic bump.

So I am a huge Evangelion fan, watched in back in 2014 right after Freshman year and loved it, needed more... it was like an addiction that couldn't be stopped. And for me it wasn't stopped for a while.

So I resurrect this thread maybe luring the other fans on this site to discuss it with me.

Now a few things have happened rather recently with Evangelion which should be news everyone knows but I'm going to list it off:
-Sadamoto's Manga was finished in February of last year with the English version being released, the Japanese release had actually happened a while back.
-3.0 Finally came out on Blu-Ray for English in February of this year. The Dub is pretty good, but do mind I am not one to be really aggressive with judging the VAs, so my opinion may differ to others.
-Apart of the Animator Expo that finished in the summer of last year, we got three Evangelion shorts, Evangelion: Another Impact(Awesome CGI short), Until You Come to Me(which was a 4.0 teaser of sorts but mostly non-canon), and Neon Genesis Impacts(which was a side story relating to a group of friends during 2.22).

Lastly I should mention there is still no news on 3.0+1.0 aka 4.0/Final.

Unit-01

Might be around.
AKA
Sic, Anthony
Gotta thank Strangeglove for reminding me in a way about this. But if you guys haven't heard yet. Anno is hard at work with Evangelion 3.0+1.0!

Source - http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...cusses-shin-godzilla-sequel-prospects/.106523

Relevant Quote -
Anno also responded to a remark from an audience member saying that he/she would wait as long as it took for the fourth Rebuild of Evangelion film. He first thanked the audience, and then said, "I'll work hard on it. As a matter of fact, I'm already working hard on it."

Maybe we'll get it in 2017 finally? Hopefully?

Unit-01

Might be around.
AKA
Sic, Anthony
A little bit more news guys.

"We're actually working on the new Evangelion film right now," Honda commented. "We're working hard and it'll come out eventually, so thanks for all of your patience - please continue to be patient, because it's going to be the last episode."

So no new announcements, but just they are actively working on it. I'd be great to get some sort of teaser before the end of this year, but I just don't see that happening.

Also to note, Evangelion 3.0 is 4 years old at this point (at least the Japanese release), meaning Anno's earlier comment joking about how 3.0+1.0 might take 4-6 years after 3.0 is no longer a joke.

Unit-01

Might be around.
AKA
Sic, Anthony
There was a lot of concept art shown at Khara's 10th anniversary Exhibition.

There where a few really intriguing pieces that seem to have been unused in 3.0, or they are appearing in 3.0+1.0.

shineva_0011_osw_138s.jpg

shineva_0011_osw_105s.jpg

shineva_0011_osw_108s.jpg

This actually gets me really hype again to see this movie come out. However, I've also gotta be the bearer of bad news because Anno made this statement.

Note it is very roughly translated from Chrome, but according to Reddit where I got it from; Anno is unsure when it will come out, and brings up the 2020 Olympics.

God I hope it doesn't take that long, that literally means an 8 year gap between 3.0 and 3+1.

Last edited:

Unit-01

Might be around.
AKA
Sic, Anthony
I seem to be the only one posting in this thread.

But SudoStef's analysis of Asuka is so spot on. Any Eva fan should really listen to him, it's a good way to spend 20 minutes.

Also I'll just put GoatJesus's analysis of Shinji here as well. Also spot on.

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
I'm sure rewatching as an adult would make me profoundly uncomfortable, but as a teen about Shinji's age when I saw it... all those characters had exactly the intended effect... *blush* even the men.

Unit-01

Might be around.
AKA
Sic, Anthony
So I know I'm sure late on this,but for any fans of the rebuild movies we got our first teaser.

DF1V5aKXUAItKpq.jpg

Here is the website.

Don't really know what this means, but it feels good to start seeing something from this movie. I imagine we'll be in the dark for more months, but maybe sometime next year we'll see a proper trailer.

Last edited:

Unit-01

Might be around.
AKA
Sic, Anthony
Know I'm not too active on here, I've been really busy with moving, but I've found a few teasers/bits of info/leaks that probably haven't been shared on here.
75eb9t5wf0ez.jpg
I really wish I saw this earlier, I had assumed we only got that small teaser but that is not the case.

At the end of 3.0 for those who had watched it, we know Unit-02 blows up, and then the preview for 3+1 shows a literal 1/2 between Unit 02 and Unit 08. But now this picture shows a completely different design, that looks pretty bad-ass in my opinion.

The Lamp festival does not get as much attention as it deserves when it comes to Eva, or in general news about Anno. The Lamp festival before was used to name drop the change from "Evangelion 4.0" to "Evangelion 3.0+1.0". And from my memory no one really took it as news until the new title card was released later on. The only way I found out about this lamp was by looking at the 3.0+1.0 information section on the right side of the subreddit. I don't think a single Youtuber or just video has covered this in general. Eva Monkey might do one, but he releases videos so rarely I wouldn't expect it.

Second would be the 10th Anniversary animation Khara released named "The Big Turnip".

While not seemingly Eva related it is, but I'll let those who haven't watched it do so.

According to the subreddit a unfinished version of the soundtrack has been found.

Also there is this interview -

I do not speak Japanese and have no clue how accurate the translation is, but if this turns out to be true, expect to see a trailer of some sort new years, and the release date much sooner than a lot of people expect it to be.

I will say however a lack of information this close to a March-April release is terms to call Fake.
Also not to mention who ever made the tumbnail used "You can (not) reverse" which is completely fake. There might be less credibility to that than I first thought, but I'll keep it up there for the sake of discussion.

Last edited:

Blade

That Man
AKA
Darkside-Ky/Mimeblade
I can understand Spoken Japanese to an extent, so the interview is legit.

I'm still keeping an eye out in March/April though.

Just sayin'.

Unit-01

Might be around.
AKA
Sic, Anthony
^ I didn't see this post before.

ANWAYS HUGE NEWS!

RELEASE WINDOW - http://nlab.itmedia.co.jp/nl/articles/1807/20/news078.html

A special report on the movie "Shin Evangelion Theatrical Version: || (originally the right vertical line is in bold)" was released on July 20, at the theaters nationwide. According to the special report, it will be released in 2020.

Eva's official site updated the teaser image with the release window of 2020, I can't seem to post the image so here is the link to the site.
http://evangelion.co.jp/

AND the best part, out of that theater announcement we got our first teaser for 3.0+1.0.

https://i.4cdn.org/a/1532085844869.webm

Eva Unit 08 in this teaser along with Mari comes from these images tweeted earlier by Khara.
lf912ajaq2b11.jpg

xmh0s6ixq2b11.jpg

GET HYPE
tenor.gif

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi
The way they number and chart those key frames show how many are actually drawn. I am guessing the in betweeens are produced digitally?

Top Bottom