Everything we know so far

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
"Everything we know so far"

Not enough.

I'm like a fucking junkie right now, like somebody just jammed a heroin-filled shot the size of a mammoth's colossal dong into my veins and gave me the most orgasmic high of a lifetime and now I'm dying for more but that asshole dealer just won't answer any calls because he's too busy shagging some cheap hooker like wtf are you doing

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
Jeeze there have been a ton of articles today! It's great to see this place so lively again.
I hope square doesn't leave us hanging for too long before they say more.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
I wonder whether we should do a retrospective or something. All the bullshit starting with the tech demo ten years ago leading up to this glorious moment.

Awesome work Lex! :headbang:

I wonder whether we should do a retrospective or something. All the bullshit starting with the tech demo ten years ago leading up to this glorious moment.
If it were me I would start the retrospective at 1997 but I'll leave that up to you. Ever since FFVII was first released (indeed, since its original advertising) it has represented the potential of a cinematic gaming experience. The game was barely even out before many of us started dreaming about a game with graphics that may be compared to something out of "real-life".

Also, wasn't there a rumor around the release of Spirits Within that PS2 remakes would be made of FFVII, FFVIII and FFIX? I don't think it was ever confirmed as anything more than a rumor, but in an "FFVII Remake Retrospective" I would include that moderately esoteric rumor.

Again, that's just me though. I'm not going to interfere (too worked out since the visual breakdown). :monster:

Lex

Administrator
^That article about the PS2 remasters still exists somewhere, I was reading it last year. IIRC it's an actual quote from someone at Square which led me to believe it was actually real but got cancelled.

Claymore

3x3 Eyes
"Everything we know so far"

Not enough.

I'm like a fucking junkie right now, like somebody just jammed a heroin-filled shot the size of a mammoth's colossal dong into my veins and gave me the most orgasmic high of a lifetime and now I'm dying for more but that asshole dealer just won't answer any calls because he's too busy shagging some cheap hooker like wtf are you doing

LOL.

So wrong, but so apt.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I started a joke-site FFVII Remake Rumors a few years ago, I'm kinda sad now that I / we didn't keep that up :monster:

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
Lex - I'm on mobile right now, but I just posted a link in the Interviews thread that has some info worth adding.

X :neo:

vaderSW1

Dark Knight of the Red Wings
Saw this story just a few minutes ago. I thought you guys might find this interesting:

http://uproxx.com/gammasquad/2015/0...make-changes-to-the-games-story-and-gameplay/

Frankly, it makes me a tad nervous. I'm going to have to get used to the idea that the gameplay mechanics are likely going to change. However, I'm not sure I can get behind them if they are going to alter the story.

I also read this a bit ago:

http://www.vg247.com/2015/06/17/fin...-to-crossdressing-cloud-in-the-gritty-remake/

Should be interesting see that in HD to say the lease. I hope they keep in the Red XIII dressed as a Shinra Soldier stuff also.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
I'm withholding judgement until we see what the changes are. For all we know, the story changes are an excuse to give us a detour to explore more of Midgar in which case, that'd be a good change. :monster:

Atticus

Kissed by Fire
Lovely article.

Edit. And I hope they don't touch the game mechanics. The materia mechanics were the best of any game ever.

Blade

That Man
AKA
Darkside-Ky/Mimeblade
I come back after a day and there's a kajillion threads in this section.

Are you guys on speed or something?

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
I think you missed the "-- OUR WHOLE LIVES HAVE BEEN LEADING UP TO THIS MOMENT!!" description.. :awesomonster:

X :neo:

Lex

Administrator
I updated the article with X's post. I actually read that news post this morning from elsewhere but I think I thought I had it covered until I re-read it there.

Also there are people commenting on the article claiming that what I've written is untrustworthy for some reason. Considering everything comes from analysis of the source and quotes from the director/ company I'm not sure how. I suppose it's just one of the things you have to deal with when articles get a little bit of attention.

clowd

Pro Adventurer
Tetsuya Nomura said:
“I can’t get go into details, but this is not a simple remake. Let’s say for argument’s sake that we only pretty up the graphics for current gen hardware, I don’t think that would surpass the original version."

This guy GETS IT. They want to surpass the original by doing more then just making it prettier. This may actually be GREAT. :headbang:

55-

Probably Evan Townshend
If it wasn't all the same people making the game, I'd be worried. But like, Nomura and Nojima at least are both people that I trust a lot to reflect the heart and soul of the original game. I'm excited by the prospect of new story content. I've never not enjoyed new FFVII content. I feed on it, I thrive on it.

Anyway, the observations on the buster sword, as speculative as they may be, give me a lot of hope. The two different designs are of those contradictions I wouldn't have any good ideas about how to get around. The fact that just maybe they found a way to be faithful to both games, the idea that they were even thinking about that at all - that gives me a lot of hope that A: They really care, as much as us nerds do, and B: They're really smart, and this game is in really capable hands.

Top Bottom