• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Evo 2020 cancelled

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
I don't know if anyone else has been following the updates on this since yesterday, but Evo 2020's online Covid-era replacement, Evo Online, has now also been cancelled in the wake of sexual misconduct allegations against Evo co-founder/organizer Joey "MrWizard" Cuellar.

After Capcom, NetherRealm Studios, Bandai Namco, and others (appropriately) pulled the involvement of their games, and many notable esports players and commentators (e.g. Maximilian Dood) pulled their participation to show solidarity with the accusers, Evo did the only thing they could: separated from MrWizard (who has now admitted to wrongdoing) and cancelled the event.

This year had already dealt some blows to the fighting game community, which had, until a few months ago, been experiencing an unexpected upswing after years on the slide into the abyss. This, sadly, is going to be difficult to bounce back from any time soon.

Nanaki Skywalker

Kate Lord of the Sith
AKA
Tarkatan Trash
That's fucking saddening! I remember him as a co-author of many fighting game strategy guides from the 90s and 2000s, some of which I have bought and are still in my possession, and to even think that this guy is a sex offender makes me sick.

I'm glad the likes of Sonic Fox, Maximillian Dood, NRS, Capcom, and Bandai Namco have taken the stand they did.

Top Bottom