Exclusive interview with French On the Way to a Smile translator

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
As we reported late last month, Kazushige Nojima’s On the Way to a Smile: Final Fantasy VII novella collection was officially licensed and translated for publication in France on April 3. This new edition’s translator, Cécile Sénaux, has kindly taken the time to provide TheLifestream.net with an interview regarding her work so that we may pass it along to you, the fans. She’s joined by her colleague, Frédéric Mory, who assisted her with the rewriting phase of the French edition.

Please read on, and do enjoy.

http://thelifestream.net/items-of-i...with-french-on-the-way-to-a-smile-translator/

Holy cow this is cool. I was about to add this to the Novels & Novellas, but I noticed now you already did that. :D

How in the world did this feature come about? Did you write these interview questions Tres? I understand if some secrecy is demanded, of course.

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
Good stuff. Although
I demand to know at which branch of Wacdonalds this interview was conducted!?
:awesome:

Pixel

The Pixie King
Very very cool. lol I would have so much to ask them :P

I wonder if our fan translations are a factor in them not releasing an English full version of OTWTAS

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Holy cow this is cool. I was about to add this to the Novels & Novellas, but I noticed now you already did that. :D

I knew that would be the first thing you would do in my shoes (well, right after publishing it first), so I went ahead. I learned a thing or two from how you do things.

Shad said:
How in the world did this feature come about? Did you write these interview questions Tres? I understand if some secrecy is demanded, of course.

I did write the questions, yes. I just went looking for Mme. Sénaux on that Internet machine and found her. :monster:

Good stuff. Although
I demand to know at which branch of Wacdonalds this interview was conducted!?
:awesome:

Hey, they call it "MacDo" in Paris. :awesome:

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
I'm kinda of wondering what other translating groups we can contact for interviews... I mean why stop at the French one?... I mean I know WHY the French one was picked but it'd be cool to do the others too to find out more about the process and how everyone is chosen and what not

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
It absolutely would. I know Tets mentioned that the German translator has done interviews for fans before. We really need to start trying to get in contact with more of these people.

Last edited:
I knew that would be the first thing you would do in my shoes (well, right after publishing it first), so I went ahead. I learned a thing or two from how you do things.
I...I... You make me so proud. ;___:

I did write the questions, yes. I just went looking for Mme. Sénaux on that Internet machine and found her.
45822-Keanu-Bill-and-Ted-whoa-gif-Yr7D.gif

Pixel

The Pixie King
I really liked the german translation, it made it so much easier to rewrite Shinra and Nanaki. Wish I had that to do the rest.

We should convince translators to get on to SE about translating the Turks novel into other languages. I could translate from French or German a lot easier :P

Lex

Administrator
Let's make it so.

EDIT: I mean contacting people for interviews. Tres and I are discussing stuff about this right now, will undoubtedly make threads if anything comes of anything :)

Top Bottom