Faith v. 3.0 (Cloti Club)

I Am Not Me

The Mean Clack
AKA
Mei, Koibito, Stalker, Little Dude, Nami
:shifty: Because the Cleriths have been withholding this information from us? :shifty:

...High-Affection Highwind scene is optional? :awesomonster: With or without reference?

But yeah, I haven't gotten Tifa to lvl100, nor have I spent my newly earned PP on ANYTHING. :awesome: I don't know why. I just feel like hoarding PP.

... is there a Duodecim Ultimania or whatever out yet? :shifty:

Homura Akemi

Just a lurker now ;3
AKA
Black★Rock Shooter, Hatsune Miku, Rin, Rin Okumura, Zack Fair.
:shifty: Because the Cleriths have been withholding this information from us? :shifty:

...High-Affection Highwind scene is optional? :awesomonster: With or without reference?

But yeah, I haven't gotten Tifa to lvl100, nor have I spent my newly earned PP on ANYTHING. :awesome: I don't know why. I just feel like hoarding PP.

... is there a Duodecim Ultimania or whatever out yet? :shifty:

yuna, vaan, laguna have secret voices too not sure about lightning and kain but yeah it is real dont belive me try it out

I Am Not Me

The Mean Clack
AKA
I will, thanks. :monster:

I just have to finish WoL's story. I've been procrastinating on 013 for a long while now. :awesome: Too addicted to the Labyrinth.

BUT IT STILL WOULDN'T COUNT CUZ IT WAS TIFA WHO SAID IT NOT CLOUD :awesome: amirite

Edit: *NOW = NOT

Last edited:

Homura Akemi

Just a lurker now ;3
AKA
I will, thanks. :monster:

I just have to finish WoL's story. I've been procrastinating on 013 for a long while now. :awesome: Too addicted to the Labyrinth.

BUT IT STILL WOULDN'T COUNT CUZ IT WAS TIFA WHO SAID IT NOW CLOUD :awesome: amirite

lol yeah I dont think tifa saying it will change anything at all really its just nice to hear a line from the game

I Am Not Me

The Mean Clack
AKA
But if you think about it...

It's a pretty heavy reference. :monster: I mean, really. Of all the lines... :awesome:

Homura Akemi

Just a lurker now ;3
AKA
But if you think about it...

It's a pretty heavy reference. :monster: I mean, really. Of all the lines... :awesome:

yeah it kinda proves that the highwind high version is more canon :monster: what will the clerith say?

I Am Not Me

The Mean Clack
AKA
They will say that this proves Tifa is a whoar/slat. :monster: I know these things. It's easy to figure out their next step.

They're already going on and on about Cloud and Tifa only being "nakama/friends" in Duodecim. :awesome: I'm surprised they're using correct translashuns, really. :wacky:

Homura Akemi

Just a lurker now ;3
AKA
They will say that this proves Tifa is a whoar/slat. :monster: I know these things. It's easy to figure out their next step.

They're already going on and on about Cloud and Tifa only being "nakama/friends" in Duodecim. :awesome: I'm surprised they're using correct translashuns, really. :wacky:

I wonder if they still think the one cloud wanted to meet was aerith...befor I thought it was aerith but now...I dont really know :/

Last edited:

Eerie

Fire and Blood
I like that they chose this line. Yeah, it's pretty heavy, in its meaning LOL. I mean, out of all the sentences Tifa could say, it was that risqué line they chose? XDDD

It's not that it proves CloTi is canon; as a shipper, it's nice to see they are using this, but more essentially, it feels that they want to hint what kind of relationship theirs is. Especially since Tifa's story doesn't revolve much around Cloud's this time. So to have them say that this line from hers is one of the most important is... XD XD XD

Thank you for confirming it :)

Homura Akemi

Just a lurker now ;3
AKA
I like that they chose this line. Yeah, it's pretty heavy, in its meaning LOL. I mean, out of all the sentences Tifa could say, it was that risqué line they chose? XDDD

It's not that it proves CloTi is canon; as a shipper, it's nice to see they are using this, but more essentially, it feels that they want to hint what kind of relationship theirs is. Especially since Tifa's story doesn't revolve much around Cloud's this time. So to have them say that this line from hers is one of the most important is... XD XD XD

Thank you for confirming it :)
yeah I know what you mean it was a nice extra touch for the cloti fans (so much in dissidia now XD)

Eerie

Fire and Blood
Obviously that VA doesn't know what's behind that sentence >>

I've never heard something so bland since... well wait, since Bleach dub in France :awesome:

OneWingedDemon

NOT AMUSED
LTD aside, it's one of the best lines Tifa gets imo.

In a story largely about secrets, misinformation, and deception, she si the character offering us an alternative: turning from the head to the heart.

To someone like Cloud (and Tifa) words hold less power, especially when Sephiroth can manipulate those words and everything around them. Cloud's heart calls out to Tifa, even when he's ppoisoned and lost. He hears hers and she hears his in the whirlwind of the Lifestream. So the hesistancy and frustration of trying to fit their hearts into prescibed molds and into words is unnecessary. not only that, but they are surface and inadequate in containing what's beneath. What they share is a connection beyond words. And that? That Sephiroth and the world cannot reach.

I like how its one of those quotes that just speaks to the themes of FFVII, Tifa's character itself, Cloud's inability to express himself, their relationship...everything. It's fundamentally not only very Tifa, but also very FFVII.

I think my fave of hers has to be this though:

Do you think the stars can hear us?
Do you think they see how hard we’re fighting for them?

Pfft, break my heart, why don't you, Teef? /totally irrelevant musings

Last edited:

ForceStealer

Double Growth
^Good post.

Also, how is she supposed to say that line? You want more unnecessary pauses between the words? A tear to roll down her face as she says it, what? Overacting it would be worse, imo. Also, anyone who expected the director to tell her what was "behind that line," is crazy.

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
The context of the line is different. In Dissidia, when she says "Words are the only way to convey what you're thinking..." she means her exploding fists. In FFVII, she means her cooch.

Tifabelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Tifabelle, Nathan Drake, Locke Cole, Kain Highwind, Yamcha, Arya Stark
Also, anyone who expected the director to tell her what was "behind that line," is crazy.

I wouldn't necessarily expect that, but actors "prepare for roles" all the time. And Rachel is an actress before a VA, although I guess it's not the same thing. I mean...she could have taken a look at the FFVII script (when doing AC) to learn some background on the character. Do I think she or any of the others had done that? No. But maybe they should have. I mean...if you're going to act a character (even if it's just their voice), shouldn't you know a bit of their history and where the character came from? Or am I expecting too much for just VA/video games?

Playing a bit of devil's advocate. I'm actually somewhere in the middle on that.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
I think you're expecting way too much. I doubt even the Japanese VAs did that. (I know Sakurai is an FF7 fanboy, but besides him.) It'd be nice I guess, but FF7 has a huge script for one thing. Secondly even that would lack some of the context of actually playing through the game, which they're not gonna have the time or the will to do. How many actors in video game film adaptations do you think played the games or read the scripts to said games in advance?

It's not like I'm saying the delivery was spot on or anything, I'm just not sure how different all of you are expecting it to sound. "Correctly." All right, Vendel, record the line for us and post it. I don't mean that like "let's see if you can do better," I mean it like, "what is correctly?" She says it like a statement, not like she's trying to get someone to drop his pants, sure, but I think that would sound weird.

Last edited:

ForceStealer

Double Growth
But...that isn't what it sounds like. It sounds like a statement. A computer reading a book sounds like what that Window application that reads what you type.

Lily Ella

Pro Adventurer
Or am I expecting too much for just VA/video games?
I wouldn't say that you're expecting too much for video games, but you might be expecting too much for that one line. Considering that it's a rather random line that's not even in the game (Dissidia, that is), I don't expect Rachael, or anyone else, to put much thought into it.

but actors "prepare for roles" all the time.
They do... with the help of directors and shiz telling them ~what's their motivation~. For those extra lines, the actors were probably just handed a sheet of paper, and were told to "here, read this."

Do I think she or any of the others had done that? No. But maybe they should have.
They don't get paid anywhere near as much for voice-acting roles as they do for live-action roles, so I don't expect any of the actors to do much research for these roles. Like someone mentioned above, Sakurai is a FFVII fanboi, so he knew plenty about his role, but the rest? Like Ito, they probably just threw some questions at Nomura/whoever about the roles & storyline instead of doing actual in-depth research.

Last edited:

Ite

AKA
Ite
Any actor worth their salt does their research if they are stepping into a role. It's, you know, their fucking job. In preparing for Iron Man, Robert Downey Jr. bought like a crate of Iron Man comics and basically became the biggest Iron Man nerd in all the land, because he's a fucking professional. It takes about 40 hours to play through FFVII, less if you just watch the cutscenes on YouTube. That's a work-week, y'all. I should hope that in getting a six-figure paycheck for two days of studio work, Leigh Cook could do what they're paying her to do, which is be a professional and come to the shoot prepared. This is why actors "get paid a lot", because they do just as much work as people with normal jobs, and only get paid three times a year.

edit: I'm sure Rachel Leigh Cook has done sufficient research, considering she's played Tifa in over three titles now. But even if an actor has done oodles of research, they are still at the mercy of the director, and no one at Square knows what the hell they're doing. Performances like Balthier, Lightning and Golbez are the exception not the rule.

They do... with the help of directors and shiz telling them ~what's their motivation~. For those extra lines, the actors were probably just handed a sheet of paper, and were told to "here, read this."

This is a common misconception. I've been acting on stage, indie film and VA for seven years. It's my career. Leads, bit-parts, yadda yadda. The job of the director isn't to tell the actor what their motivation is, or what the character is thinking or anything about the character's history. That's the actor's homework, that should all be done before the first day of shooting. The Director's job is to help the actor convey their character's intention in an honest and clear way, which is a complex and difficult task. With too little direction, the actor could be too hammy or too subtle. Too much direction and you start to turn the actor into a robot, with no authentic performance, just Dissidia Cloud.

Last edited:

Lily Ella

Pro Adventurer
This is a common misconception. I've been acting on stage, indie film and VA for seven years. It's my career. Leads, bit-parts, yadda yadda.
Did I say that that was the director's only job, or that actors rely solely on director's direction? No, I didn't. I said that they get help from directors, and that it's one of the directors' tasks/jobs to give actors motivation and, well, direct.

And hi, you're not the only person here who's ever dabbled in acting. I think that 65% of ACF's old Faith were once aspiring actors.

Anyway, my point was just that this is a flippin' mediocre video game (Dissidia, that is), and many actors (especially those who are used to lots of attention and a larger paycheck) treat them as "less" than TV and film and so they do less research.

Ite

AKA
Ite
Did I say that that was the director's only job, or that actors rely solely on director's direction? No, I didn't. I said that they get help from directors, and that it's one of the directors' tasks/jobs to give actors motivation and, well, direct.

And I'm saying it's not. If you show up for work not knowing how to break down a scene, the director isn't going to molly coddle you, they've got shit like DoPs and Sound to worry about. Sure, you get more personal attention when you're doing VA work, but no director is going to tell you what your characters motivation is, if you can't figure that out before the shoot you don't have enough common sense/training to be hirable.

And hi, you're not the only person here who's ever dabbled in acting. I think that 65% of ACF's old Faith were once aspiring actors.

Oh good, so I don't need to say any of this. :monster:

I'm not saying that no one but me has this knowledge, I'm saying that I am speaking from my experiences in the business, not hearsay, and I disagree with your statement. I'm not wagging my dick around, I'm lending credence to my claims.

Anyway, my point was just that this is a flippin' mediocre video game (Dissidia, that is), and many actors (especially those who are used to lots of attention and a larger paycheck) treat them as "less" than TV and film and so they do less research.

True enough, sure, but RLC also did Advent Children, which was a CG film (huge in Hollywood) with an established fanbase. I assume she did her research.

Top Bottom