Faith v. 3.0 (Cloti Club)

Graymouse

Pro Adventurer
Yeah, I noticed some blind streamers even mentioning that they like all the casual touching going on between Tifa and Cloud. If blind streamers can pick it up then it's obvious.

Another game critic on Twitter said this about the pairing before the Remake came out and that Tifa's popularity works in her favor:

This might sound very coincided, but I think a blind Twitch, YT streamers of the Remake play-through are some of the best conformation to Cloud X Tifa fans that, what they are seeing is a valid view point on how to interpret the game. At least it feels that way. Of course I think this could be my conformation bias tingling but boy does it feel good when others confirm your belief.

Graymouse

Pro Adventurer

Oh, wow! I guess now, it can be confirmed by reading the English lyrics that this is a Cloud X Tifa song.

Is it enough for the new player to catch on? Probably not, only the fans of the OG game could connect the dots. On second thought, by the time new players get to this point in the game the Starry Night at the well scene has already been shown. So, they might could piece it together. Is the song too ambiguous? Or do they lay it on thick?

Anyways, this was tucked away in the game for sure. I really love small stuff like this. Thanks for the share!

iamhorde

Pro Adventurer

Saw another tweet listing out all the references! The fact that they would be able to write something this blatantly Cloti sounds like a pretty good indication!

- one true love behind - CloTi supporters might pick this up
- parting words (the promise?) - might get picked up
- stream of life (lifestream reference?) - unknown to new players
- can't see the stars no more (stars at nibelheim) - shown in FF7R part 1
- night summer sky from our YOUTH - shown in FF7R part 1
- watching and wishing (the promise scene) - shown in FF7R part 1

The only thing that seems to sound out of place is the last line where they changed it to "In Midgar, Midgar, I left my one true love behind".... unless they are referencing Advent Children? :huh:

Eerie

Fire and Blood
Ok since one of my friends couldn't read, I wrote down the lyrics for him:

Midgar Blues said:
Oh Midgar, Midgar, city that's always on my mind,
For Midgar, Midgar I left my true love behind

Snuck out of the town before the sun could rise - when I knew you'd be sleeping
Could barely read the words on my carriage's ticket - non-stop to Midgar

Our parting words to be said, only to be washed away
Swept up and lost in the stream of life
I can't see the stars no more - but they still fall
In the plate's reflection, that night summer sky from our youth
You and me girl - watching and wishing

We both burned so very bright - brighter than the sun
Yet we played it too cool, never making a move
How our hearts raced so fast, we could hear them beat
Electricity - oh how the sparks would fly

Oh Midgar, Midgar, city that's always on my mind
In Midgar, Midgar I left my one true love behind

As for the last line, Tifa went to Midgar and was left behind by Cloud since he was being experimented on by Hojo. This is a reflection of their story before they meet up again in Midgar and I love it.

Thanks again for sharing!

iamhorde

Pro Adventurer
Speaking of music, not sure if this has been posted before but there was a recent reddit thread on how Tifa's theme is actually a male / female duet.

Quoting the reddit thread

It begins with male/female parts in harmony, then call and response, then back to harmony. Two voices as variations on a theme, trying to find each other. Pure magic.

There's also an awesome analysis of the theme in musical theory. I'm not entirely sure if Nobuo Uematsu had Cloud and Tifa's relationship in mind when he composed this, but even if he didn't it's almost like the universe is shipping CloTi, this can't be an accident :lol:

For people who aren't sure what they're listening for, here's a breakdown with some real basic analysis to help you hear it:

0:00 - intro (two voices are present but I don't think these are really the relevant part)
0:48 - Flute melody begins (female voice, since women typically sing higher than men), AABC form
1:36 - Bassoon melody begins (male voice, lower), re-stating the melody from the flute, AAB
2:12 - Flute joins Bassoon together in harmony for C phrase, ends on unresolved chord*
2:24 - restatement of intro/transition, loop begins

*This chord is kinda neat. It's a V chord, dominant harmony, which in the first place often symbolizes some kind of "yearning" for resolution. However, it's missing a piece. It's got the root and the fifth, but it's missing the third, which is what tells us if a chord is major or minor. Lacking that piece, it leaves it in a state of not really knowing how we stand, which I think ties in perfectly to Cloud and Tifa's relationship for so much of the game.

Graymouse

Pro Adventurer
For those of us who are musically inclined. :headbang:

Tifa's Theme has a lot of emotion automatically built into the song. You can feel the loneliness, the love, and the hope in each note. When, I played the game back in 97' I don't know about you guys but I actually sat there in Tifa's bar listening to it, during my first play-though of the game. It touched me back than. TIfa's theme reminds me of going back to your hometown and finding your childhood sweetheart years later after departing.

Last edited:

Final_Heaven

Pro Adventurer
The way I always play the OG is I'm always nice to both girls and I always get the Aerith date and the high affection HW scene, I just can bring myself to be mean to them :( I can't remember if I ever was to see the Barret or Yuffie ones (i'm old ok) but I have fond memories of one of my old save files being of working on getting my Aerith/Cloud/Tifa team to L99, I loved them so much, such a fun team <3

So you basically play the canonical way ; )

I'm speculating that Tifa/Aerith are going to kiss Cloud on the cheek after their date is done.

I mean....Jessie already did it in Part 1, why can't Tifa/Aerith do it?

Graymouse

Pro Adventurer
The way I always play the OG is I'm always nice to both girls and I always get the Aerith date and the high affection HW scene, I just can bring myself to be mean to them :( I can't remember if I ever was to see the Barret or Yuffie ones (i'm old ok) but I have fond memories of one of my old save files being of working on getting my Aerith/Cloud/Tifa team to L99, I loved them so much, such a fun team <3

I did the same thing. The only difference is that I got TIfa for the GS and the high affection HW scene. My crew to level 99, is Cloud, Tifa, and Barret. What a Level grind that was, not to mentioning getting the master materia. I have over 300 hours playing the OG game.

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate

I'm speculating that Tifa/Aerith are going to kiss Cloud on the cheek after their date is done.

Lol im sure Cloud and Tifa are going to have sex when its all said and done. I don't think she really needs to kiss Cloud on the cheek, just cause Jessie did haha

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias

How your post looked on my screen when the page loaded:

5GSRRss.jpg

I was like, "Yo, Final_Heaven, you are all right" -- then I scrolled down. =(

Cat on Mars

Actually not a cat
I just found this on YT. I was looking at Tifa's arm because it just looked really bent and out of place then I realized that she is actually hugging Cloud but stealing Aerith's and Barrets milkshake. The devious look on Tifa's face, and the innocent look on Aerith's! The look on Cloud's face is a get me out of here look, but Sephiroth is the best though, he seems to be on Cloud 9!

Cloud's face made me lol. Imagine the situation:

"Yo, this shit is hella good."
"Whose arm is this?"
"Sorry Aerith, I wanted to try it too! I'll move-"
"No Tifa it's fine I like this, please stay like this."
"Hm, ok... Hey, who's touching my thight?"
"Me. I think. Tifa, are you touching my ass?"
"What are you saying Cloud?"
"Why aren't you touching it, Tifa?"
"Aerith, we're already touching."
"I didn't meant like that-"
"Okay, but who's touching my ass? I'm serious."
"That was your ass?"
"I'm starting to regret you're alive, Zack."
"STOP IGNORING ME."
"Whatever you say, Sephiroth."
"I'M GOING TO TELL MOM!"

Last edited:

Graymouse

Pro Adventurer
I found this a few mins ago. It is Tifa's Theme with fan made lyrics. I think her Theme has been begging for lyrics for years.

BTW:

I am curious to know what are some of your guys favorite Tifa moments of all time? It could be from any of the FF7 medium.

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi
Of course Tifa and Aerith are gonna kiss.

From FF13 to Life is Strange, Square Enix has been at the forefront of LGBT+ representation in the video game industry, which special emphasis on the L.

Remake 2's launch trailer will feature a crossover even with The Last of Us 2. Ellie and Dina will jump through a Sapphicroth AU portal and all 4 of then will make out for several minutes.

Edley

Pray for Sound
AKA
Issac Dian, Dudley, Chev Chelios
Of course Tifa and Aerith are gonna kiss.

From FF13 to Life is Strange, Square Enix has been at the forefront of LGBT+ representation in the video game industry, which special emphasis on the L.

Remake 2's launch trailer will feature a crossover even with The Last of Us 2. Ellie and Dina will jump through a Sapphicroth AU portal and all 4 of then will make out for several minutes.

I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

iamhorde

Pro Adventurer
I found this a few mins ago. It is Tifa's Theme with fan made lyrics. I think her Theme has been begging for lyrics for years.

BTW:

I am curious to know what are some of your guys favorite Tifa moments of all time? It could be from any of the FF7 medium.

For me one of my all time favorites must be the scene in Mideel when Tifa said "I don't care about anything else, only Cloud...", it was incredibly impactful to me because it was probably the first time I've seen a video game character exemplify what true love means. Tifa is probably not the first video game character to profess love but it's so much more powerful when Tifa says it because she is such an independent and strong character. She technically didn't need Cloud but she chose to stay with him.

My new all time favorite is the scene is in
where Tifa saves Cloud after his fight with Rufus. I probably cheered when I saw Tifa coming back for Cloud and we know there's no better way to a man's heart than by saving his a**.

Eerie

Fire and Blood
There's also an awesome analysis of the theme in musical theory. I'm not entirely sure if Nobuo Uematsu had Cloud and Tifa's relationship in mind when he composed this

After reading his insight for Hollow, I am 100% sure that this is not an accident. The man's super thoughtful!

Top Bottom