Faith v. 3.0 (Cloti Club)

Graymouse

Pro Adventurer
What I have always thought about when it comes to this is that Aerith X Cloud are more like an emotional heavy full of lust and nothing more relationship. Love at first sight, not really having time to get to know each other (I believe a grand total of three weeks before her death), falling head over hills for each other for no apparent reason what so ever, Disney Princess finding Prince Charming kind of love between them.

In contrast with Tifa X Cloud relationship in my opinion is a slow burn, get to know you, afraid of what the other person thinks, scared to make the first move, everyone else around them knows that they are in love, except them, typical shared childhood trope type of love between them.

iamhorde

Pro Adventurer

I'm sure most of you would have seen the FF7R Ultimania translations from @aitaikimochi, lots of interesting information about the characters. I particularly like it when I hear Nojima and now, Yui Sawada, level design supervisor, wanted fans to look forward to the scene where Cloud and Tifa spent time alone. I just hope they have more scenes like this in part 2!

Also, am pretty bummed to read about how awesome the removed Tifa-led chapters could have been. Am really hoping for a DLC. However, I am encouraged to hear how they developers are focused on emphasizing that Tifa is a heroine in FF7R and not just a side character. In fact, I think they already demonstrated that in the existing content, allowing us to control Tifa in one of the chapters, making her combat insanely awesome and of course, saving the hero after the battle with Rufus.

KindOfBlue

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Blue
I thought it was weird that we don’t get to directly control Tifa outside of battle until late in the game, I guess that explains it

Eerie

Fire and Blood
Yes, it was weird that we didn't get that portion of the game, especially since we use Aerith to save people and Marlene later on. To me, that Tifa scene is the pendant of Aerith's scene, so I think it's likely that we're getting a DLC about it.

And we'd get to see the Avalanche HQ!! And more Avalanche! And more Wutai information! Seriously, I want it!

Graymouse

Pro Adventurer
Yes, it was weird that we didn't get that portion of the game, especially since we use Aerith to save people and Marlene later on. To me, that Tifa scene is the pendant of Aerith's scene, so I think it's likely that we're getting a DLC about it.

And we'd get to see the Avalanche HQ!! And more Avalanche! And more Wutai information! Seriously, I want it!

I agree. It is too bad that was cut out of the final game. I would have loved to see Tifa's reaction to losing Cloud all over again after Sector 5 reactor mission. I think that would really helped us understand how she really felt about Cloud. At least to the "players" point of view. What a missed opportunity honestly. Also, Tifa being the party leader would rock! Perhaps it was too much Cloud X Tifa because the devs wanted to keep it even between the heroines???

Can't say that I agree with them on that one. One can never have to much Cloud X Tifa! :lol:

Anyways, I have some more Cloud X Tifa fan art:

Are they holding hand here? I would like to think so?

Eerie

Fire and Blood
That's a question many people wonder about, but I don't think they're holding hands ^^' I think this shot is specifically to show their closeness compared to the bar scene where you can see the distance between them, and how far they've progressed in such a short time (what was it again? 2 days?). There's this atmosphere of contentment in this shot that I really enjoy too~

Eerie

Fire and Blood
Well, I think this is from the newest Ultimania, isn't it? She's both called Cloud's childhood friend AND Cloud's partner lol.

Stiggie

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Stiggie
Surprisingly, they still use the word "childhood friend" in the new ultimania .
Not that surprising, she is his childhood friend, while they might be attracted to each other, they're not yet more as of Remake part 1.

rkss

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Me
I mean in English you can use childhood friends in almost any context but in Japanese it kinda implies both person were very close." Childhood playmate" probably is the better translation

Even in remake they rarely used osananajimi, only Biggs said that iirc, which was even wierder. SE tried hard to make their relationship subtle so i thought they ditched the word.

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
I mean even with Cloud being a loner and self-isolating as a kid, Tifa was still the closest friend he had (simply by process of elimination). Isn’t too surprising they are still described that way.

Graymouse

Pro Adventurer
Be careful, when they talk of being even between the girls, they are not talking about shipping scenes. I mused about this here.

Seeing everything there had to be in the chapter though, I think they simply lacked time, which is why we may see it coming.

I agree with what you said in your blog. I never really though of it that way. It does make sense now that I look back on the Remake, and that does explain (in my opinion) why there was a lot more touchy feely scenes between Cloud X Tifa. I felt that they couldn't keep their hands off of each other.

As the weather cools down, I figured I would through this up to keep everyone warm.

Top Bottom