Fan themes for characters?

Firstone33

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Daniel
What song would you think would fit ffvii characters? Most of mine would be metal songs or similar.

Except Sephiroth his will always be One Winged Angel but what songs do you thing would fit each character?

Agrippa

Pro Adventurer
Professor Hojo: Blue Öyster Cult - Career of Evil; To me it just seems to fit.
Vincent Valentine: The Rolling Stones - Paint It, Black
Sephiroth (post Nibelheim incident): Queen - Gimme The Prize
Zack Fair: Queen (again) - I Want It All, Bob Dylan - Knocking on Heaven's Door (toward the close of Crisis Core)
Aerith Gainsborough, neè Fermis: Sugarloaf - Green-Eyed Lady
Jessie: Rachel Platten - Fight Song
Tifa Lockheart: Loretta Lynn - Coal Miner's Daughter; Okay, it's quite a bit of an exaggeration of Tifa's background, but it fits in spirit at least.
Cloud Strife: Kansas - Carry On Wayward Son
Lucrezia Crescent: Carlos Santana - Black Magic Woman, The Eagles - Witchy Woman
Aerith, Jessie and Tifa: The Rolling Stones - She's A Rainbow

Couples

Zack and Aerith: Queen - You're My Best Friend
Cloud and Tifa: Bob Dylan - The Man In Me
Vincent and Lucreazia: Queen - Love of My Life, Nazareth - Love Hurts

Groups

Shin-Ra Electric Company: War Pigs - Black Sabbath

Other

Rufus Shinra and his late father, the unnamed President Shinra: Queen - Death On Two Legs. To me it fits them both like a glove.

Last edited:

Firstone33

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Daniel
Professor Hojo: Blue Öyster Cult - Career of Evil; To me it just seems to fit.
Vincent Valentine: The Rolling Stones - Paint It, Black
Sephiroth (post Nibelheim incident): Queen - Gimme The Prize
Zack Fair: Queen (again) - I Want It All, Bob Dylan - Knocking on Heaven's Door (toward the close of Crisis Core)
Aerith Gainsborough, neè Fermis: Sugarloaf - Green-Eyed Lady
Jessie: Rachel Platten - Fight Song
Tifa Lockheart: Loretta Lynn - Coal Miner's Daughter; Okay, it's quite a bit of an exaggeration of Tifa's background, but it fits in spirit at least.
Cloud Strife: Kansas - Carry On Wayward Son
Lucreitia Crescent: Carlos Santana - Black Magic Woman, The Eagles - Witchy Woman
Aerith, Jessie and Tifa: The Rolling Stones - She's A Rainbow

Couples

Zack and Aerith: Queen - You're My Best Friend
Cloud and Tifa: Bob Dylan - The Man In Me

Groups

Shin-Ra Electric Company: War Pigs - Black Sabbath

Other

Rufus Shinra and his late father, the unnamed President Shinra: Queen - Death On Two Legs.
Yeah it just depends I mean there are songs out there that just seem to fit certain characters. These are some good picks

Firstone33

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Daniel
Vincent needs a sad country western song about lovin' and losin' and not gettin' over it. There's got to be about a hundred of them, but can't think of any right now.
Gosh I can't either! But yeah or something similar but like you I cannot think of any....

Firstone33

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Daniel
Better Below by Bury Tomorrow for cloud just listen to the lyrics it fits his character, I just love metal songs and this could also fit sephiroth as well

Rydeen

In-KWEH-dible
Sephiroth - Let the Bodies Hit the Floor, obviously.
Elena - Gwen Stefani - Hollaback Girl (she ain't one..)​
Aerith - Lily Allen - LDN
OG Reno - Warren G - Regulate ft. Nate Dogg (pissed that I can't whistle anymore)​
Cloti AC Angst - Boston - Man I'll Never Be
Don Corneo - Literally any song about "bitches" :monster:

Vincent needs a sad country western song about lovin' and losin' and not gettin' over it. There's got to be about a hundred of them, but can't think of any right now.

Not a love song, but... :monster:

This.

Rufus Shinra and his late father, the unnamed President Shinra: Queen - Death On Two Legs.

You mean Rufus toward his father? That's been suggested before, but I think it's a much better encapsulation of Lazard's feelings toward President (his name is actually literally President, it just didn't get localized for obvious reasons :wacky:). If there's a Queen (technically Freddie) song that reminds me of Rufus, it's definitely Mr. Bad Guy.

Coldplay - Viva La Vida somewhat reminds me of post-OG Rufus. I can also picture a very angsty child Rufus maybe listening to Linkin Park - Numb.

Last edited:

Roundhouse

Pro Adventurer
Aerith: Cosmic Love, Florence and the Machine

'And I heard your heart beating,
You were in the darkness too,
So I stayed in the darkness with you.'

Cloud: Be Yourself, Audioslave

'Someone tries to hide himself,
Down inside himself he prays.'

Tifa: Don't Speak, No Doubt

'I really feel like I'm losing my best friend,