Fantasian: Sakaguchi's new project

Roundhouse

Pro Adventurer
I'm a bit traditional in that I just dislike the idea of subscription services for games, but I guess it also depends on a case by case basis. Is Apple Arcade worth it? Dunno, it does have some nice stuff like Fantasian, but I wouldn't buy a subscription for that. Game Pass on Xbox is superb, though, and is the closest I have come to being convinced about this whole thing.

On the other hand, the Nintendo Online thing has become a running joke in how few of the classics/gems actually end up there. I have zero interest in that one. If they actually leaned into adding celebrated stuff from the past I would be more interested -- stuff like Chrono Trigger, Earthbound, FFVI, etc.

Rhoey

Follow your heart.
AKA
Nikki
Oh, Mistwalker stuff should absolutely get more ports. Lost Odyssey is seriously good and is stranded on the Xbox.
It's such an underrated gem, imo. One of my top 5 favorite games, but haven't played it for a decade because it's on just one console. I so would love to replay it!

Rhoey

Follow your heart.
AKA
Nikki
Look folks. capitalism has extorted enough subscriptions out of me. I pay rent, phone, internet, groceries, taxes, laundry, dental, bus pass, and those necessities are already more than my paycheque. I also have to budget for new shoes once a year, birthday gifts, vet bills, emergencies, and if I’m very lucky I might have enough left over to have a pint or two with a friend. So I’m not going to be paying a subscription for video games. Not PlayStation Plus, not Switch Play, not FFXIV, not Apple Arcade. I don’t care if it’s 5 dollars or 5 cents, free for a year or given to me as a gift. It is an albatross around the neck, and not something I am interested in adding to my life, full stop.
I completely sympathize with you. And I don't like to be a wet blanket, but it will only get worse, as most likely everything will become subscription based in the future.
I don't play games anymore precisely because I'm like you, I have enough monthly and annual subscriptions as is.

Reactions: Ite
Top Bottom