• Cid Highwind

Votes: 7 8.6%
  • Other

Votes: 7 8.6%

• Total voters

Marle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Ava, Spike Spiegel, Stella Nox Fleuret, Altair Ibn-La'Ahad, Princess Zelda, Alice, Raven Roth, Faye Valentine, Tifa Lockhart, Khal Drogo
No idea if this has been done before or not but I'm sure it's been a while if it has and there's new members so, maybe it'll be okay? :D

Anyways, top ten FF7 characters. Basically, rank the cast in order of greatest character (not necessarily your favorite), beginning with #1 as the best of all of them.

So mine would be:

1. Cloud Strife: Most three dimensional main hero ever. He could illicit so many feelings in the player and he was the hero but not your typical superman kind. He just did what he thought was the best thing to do. And despite hardship, he always comes through if only a little damaged.

2. Sephiroth: He was insane. 'Nuff said.

3. Aerith Gainsborough: I think her and Tifa tie here if only because by the end of the game, both of these kick ass girls were main female heroine material. But I'll put Aerith because she was developed so well for a character only in one disc and had the player attached in such a short time frame.

4. Tifa Lockhart: It's hard to put my baby in fourth but her role didn't come to fruition until near the end of disc two. She's still #1 on my fave character list <3

5. Barret Wallace

6. Cid Highwind

7. Red XIII

8. Yuffie Kisaragi

9. Vincent Valentine

10. Cait Sith/Reeve

:D I'll also include a poll for your favorite character and you can list yours and explain why. :)

Mine is Tifa (obviously). She's real. Yes, she kicks butt, yet she isn't given this typical arrogant personality most physically tough girls are given. She's shy and insecure with her feelings. She adapts to difficult situations with an upbeat personality. She's always smiling and hanging in there even when the going gets rough and that is admirable.

A lot of people say she's weak and pessimistic but I beg to differ. Just because she chose to stay by Cloud's side when he went vegetable, does not make her weak. It made her strong, to stay by his side despite everything going on around her. She stayed positive, she would help him get better even if he never would. To stay strong for who you're fighting for doesn't make you weak or a pansy. To watch them suffer in such a way and cling on to hope is something I myself can't do with my own mother.

The fact that she could put her whole life on hold for the last person she has is something I admired in Tifa.

Then there's the fact that after Nibelheim burned down, Tifa was on her own and she survived without anyone by her side. She thrived. She started her own business. She took part in a rebellion movement against a corrupt government. She took a stand for her beliefs. She did all this without Cloud.

The girl watched everything she knew and loved burn and die and at the end, she's still smiling, still doing her best to make a difference in the world no matter how much it put her down. This is why I can't understand how anyone could hate her. As far as female video game characters go, Tifa's one of the best and she deserves a place up among them all. Come at me bro.

Last edited:

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
Could the poll be changed so it has all the Final Fantasy VII characters on it? At the moment it's missing a few, while Barret is on there twice.

Marle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Ava, Spike Spiegel, Stella Nox Fleuret, Altair Ibn-La'Ahad, Princess Zelda, Alice, Raven Roth, Faye Valentine, Tifa Lockhart, Khal Drogo
That is what happens when I go through everything too quickly >.>

Marle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
I need to edit it. New to making polls and shit. But I don't know how :T

Fangu

Great Old One
I don't see any of the Turks in the poll itself. Which is like the first 5 spots for me :P

No, just kidding. Just the first 6. Eh...

Maybe the poll is a bit unnecessary? FF7 has a lot of characters, and I think a few small roles will be on my list :) Or just put in the playables + Sephiroth, like the other polls have had?

Marle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
I don't see any of the Turks in the poll itself. Which is like the first 5 spots for me :P

No, just kidding. Just the first 6. Eh...

Maybe the poll is a bit unnecessary? FF7 has a lot of characters, and I think a few small roles will be on my list :) Or just put in the playables + Sephiroth, like the other polls have had?

Yeah, I kind of want to keep it to the main cast only since there are too many characters to list them all. I'm hoping an mod can fix it though because I have no idea how to. :T

Tifabelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Tifabelle, Nathan Drake, Locke Cole, Kain Highwind, Yamcha, Arya Stark
You can always make a new thread/poll, and hope some lurking staff member closes this one. Or I can make it if you want; I don't mind.

As for the choices, you can put in "Other" and those Turk-loving folks can vote Other :monster:
and for Ryu since I know how much he loves Mukki

Marle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
You can always make a new thread/poll, and hope some lurking staff member closes this one. Or I can make it if you want; I don't mind.

As for the choices, you can put in "Other" and those Turk-loving folks can vote Other :monster:
and for Ryu since I know how much he loves Mukki

I think this is a good idea. =D Feel free to make it if you like and I'll just c/p what I already wrote. And hopefully a mod can just close this one because everyone is voting and not explaining and it isn't fair since not all the characters are available right now as options. :rage:

Catherine

coquettish cat
AKA
Itsuki, Vanille, Meruru, Catherine.
Aerith has always been my favourite. Most people seem to think she's the typical perfect angel who can do nothing wrong, but there's so much more to her than that. She's actually pretty outgoing and funny, but also headstrong and bold, even though these features are usually outshined by her innocent attitude. She's also caring and treasures the people close to her.

I don't know, I just think she's much more interesting than most people seem to think. I love her a lot.

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
All nine playable characters are now options. If someone wants to make a list of NPCs that should be added I can throw them on too, but I'm too lazy to come up with a list of important NPCs.

Marle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
List your top ten, guys! :D And thanks for fixing it, Aaron. :)

Zee

wangxian married
AKA
Zee
Aeris. I feel like I go on about her enough already so maybe I should just leave it at I LOVE HER SO MUCH, SPIRIT ANIMAL, ETC

Tifabelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Tifabelle, Nathan Drake, Locke Cole, Kain Highwind, Yamcha, Arya Stark
I voted for Tifa, which should surprise no one. I sort of identify with her a bit, and she's my favorite character of all-time. I loved her from the very first moment she appeared on screen. She's tough, but she's timid at times. Tifa can kick ass with her bare hands, which is probably the coolest thing about her. She's sensitive and caring and nurturing. Bright and optimistic, even though she has her doubts. As Ava said, Tifa's a survivor, and pours her heart into the man she loves. Overall, she's an admirable character, and very real and down to earth.

I make a list of 10 later when I get home. :3

Soakette

Donator
AKA
Jess
I'm a big shinra fan so ill have to vote for other. I really don't like avalanche that much. But in my opinion I think Vincent valentine is the best one followed by Sephiroth, Cid Highwind, and Red XIII. I love Reeve to but Cait Sith not so much even though their kinda the same person, if that makes sense. :puppy:

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
1. Cloud Strife
2. Zack Fair
3. Sephiroth
4. Rufus Shinra
5. Tifa Lockhart
6. Vincent Valentine
7. Yuffie Kisaragi
8. Red XIII
9. Barret Wallace
10. Aerith Gainsborough

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
I vote Aerith, that is the sweet and cute yet stubborn and flirty original FF7 Aerith, not the saintly pure and innocent Aerith from her other appearances. That's the problem with most of the FF7 cast including Cloud and Sephiroth, they've become so detached from their original characterizations I find it hard to identify with any of them without speaking of them in terms of a specific game.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Don't care how much crap Tiff gives me, I have to go with Cloud. I tend to find myself drawn to lead characters in general (in all mediums really). I think it's because I'm not a very good leader but wish that I were so I admire those qualities in a lead character.

Cloud makes this even doubly so because after watching him be a great leader (in terms of confidence and leadership anyway...not necessarily that he was taking them on the right path) for a good third to half of the game, you learn he's actually an insecure dork that had to wrap himself in a fantasy to become a leader, but then remains an effective, probably better one after getting rid of that fantasy. This especially so is probably why I've always liked him as a character so much. He's probably second to Vivi in all of FF for me, but I'm not positive.

And whatever facets of him are cliches now that people try to rip on him for, it really wasn't so back then, he popularized the cliche.

And as a side note, one reason FF7 is my favorite, is that it has the distinction of the only one where I actually like all the characters, that is to say, that I would not remove any of them if given the chance. FF9 comes in second in that category, but loses out because I couldn't really care less about Amarant or Quina. And Cait Sith gets a pass because Reeve is awesome.

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
Damn, Tifa Lockhart. Let me count the ways.

Before I ever played FFVII, I was an Aerith fan and a Clerith shipper based purely on looks. xD I was only 8 or 9 back then so I hate the stupid idea that Tifa was just a girl that got in the way of their relationship so I never thought that when I played she'd end up my favorite character. As a young girl, I noticed that Tifa was beautiful, but she wasn't as open and flirty nor bubbly as Aerith. I instantly changed my views. I liked Tifa because she was shy, soft spoken, and thought with her heart instead of her head (a flaw I enjoy). I looked up to her and she easily became one of my heroes as a kid. ;w; She was everything that I wanted to be - beautiful, kickass, smart, kind, caring, and just an all around loving and radiant person. I like Tifa because she blames herself instead of others. She's selfless to the point where she actually NEEDS to be selfish. She doesn't realize her own beauty, and that's what makes her so damn attractive. She also has this whimsical romantic side and yet, a fighting spirit at the same time. I really gave her more respect points in Crisis Core when she wrote the letter to Zack saying: "I can't wait for my knight forever, so I've decided to start fighting". She didn't just sit around, she decided to do something to help her town and her family when she didn't have to. It really fucking bothers me when people say Tifa is a spoiled rich girl, because her Father was the Mayor. That doesn't make her spoiled AT ALL. She never once acted like a spoiled brat or like she was better than anyone else. She didn't notice Cloud because he wasnt a talkative one, he got into fights a lot, and one of the times he wants to see her is right after her Mother dies. Tifa went through a lot as a child. She could have given up and spent all of her time crying but she didn't do that. She even apologizes to Cloud for everything later, and confesses that he is the most important thing in the entire world to her. I think that is just the sweetest thing... EVER. The fact that she stays with Cloud while Mideel is splitting the fuck apart instead of running of like everyone else twists my heart strings. She would've died with Cloud right there if she had to. She might not be perfect, but she's flawed in all of the right ways. This is why I find her so remarkable. I like that she is understanding and willing to tolerate Cloud and stick by his side no matter what troubles he faces. And not ONCE does she say what bothers her because she's trying to make him happy and trying to do the best for him. It's true in the original game and in ACC. She even gives Cloud a lecture that helps wake him the fuck up and actually do shit instead of moping. His reasons for moping are acceptable, but there comes a point in time where you have to stop blaming yourself and MOVE ON. I hate it when people call Tifa a bitch for helping Cloud out of his rut! She's always let Cloud make his own decisions, she's always supported him no matter what. You won't find a more dedicated person.

Last edited:

Gym Leader Devil

True Master of the Dark-type (suck it Piers)
AKA
So many names
I looked up to her and she easily became one of my heroes as a kid. ;w; She was everything that I wanted to be - beautiful, kickass, smart, kind, caring, and just an all around loving and radiant person.

Well good news little sis: You succeeded. Resoundingly. You are all of those things.

Off topic, I know, but I felt it needed saying.

Top Bottom