Favorite FFVII Compilation Soundtrack

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
This topic is to discuss and your favorite Compilation of FFVII soundtrack.

Personally, one of my favorite soundtracks has got to be Dirge of Cerberus. The cinematic orchestral score, coupled with the unique composing really makes it stand out to me. It doesn't rehash older FFVII tracks that we're familiar with, it's ballsy enough to compose its own unique themes for the game, which I really respect. Some of the tracks have a really cool, jazz quality, while others are just beautiful sounding. One of the reasons I love DC is that it just is fun to listen to.

Then after that is FFVII AC and CC. Both have really great soundtracks that remixes the classic themes of FFVII beautifully while lending their own unique pieces as well.

So yeah, share away :monster:

ForceStealer

Double Growth
I take it you're not including FF7's soundtrack? When I first played DC I was unimpressed by the soundtrack. However, having just replayed it I've come to appreciate it, it's pretty good. And I appreciate what you mean about using entirely new music and such, I do think it was stupid not to include Vincent's theme somewhere. (I was also looking for the victory theme when he did his 'dance', but I understand why it would have been out of place :monster:)

If we're not including FF7, I'll have to give it to Crisis Core. It does use old themes, but the new ones are every bit as good, and its interesting that its largely non-orchestral. (Though the credit roll is fantastic). Then AC, and DC though I do have new appreciation for it.

(Perhaps a poll would fit this thread)

Wow, what a tough choice... I don't feel that close to the DoC soundtrack because I haven't played the game, although I confess it has some good tunes.
I have to say Crisis Core. Some tunes don't work outside of the game, but others just hit the spot on the emotion it is supposed to convey.
Used to love the AC music but I listened to that album to death (just like I watched the movie to death) so it got old after a few months. So my top list is this, assuming you include the original game:
1) Crisis Core
2) Original FFVII (maybe it should share the first place with Crisis Core...)
3) Piano Collections Final Fantasy VII
4) Advent Children
5) Dirge of Cerberus

Dark and Divine

Pro Adventurer
AKA
D&D
My favourite Compilation soundtrack has to be the one from AC. It has so many beatiful/awesome themes (The Promised Land, Water, Battle in the Forgotten City, Divinity I & II and the epic Advent:One Winged Angel).

Next, it would be the Crisis Core Soundtrack, with a special higlight to "Mission Start". There's something about it that I simply adore.

As for Doc's soundtrack, while functional, it hadn't anything memorable, imo.

spirit_chaser

Pro Adventurer
There`re themes in all soundtracks that I really liked.

AC (Divinity I & II, the Promised Land, Beyond The Wasteland, Savior, Water, Advent: One-Winged Angel, Calling, Tifa and Aerith`s themes as well as FFVII`s original)

BC (Theme of Turks, Theme of Elfe (probably my absolute fav), Theme of Elfe Angel & Devil, Desperate Crisis, Cremation, Beyond the Death (from Theme of Tifa), Sneak Attack, Brief Reunion (from Theme of Tifa), Theme of Turks 2005, Dear Friend, Last Order)

CC (Wandering on a Sunny Afternoon, The Clandestine Dark Suits (from FFVII "Turk's Theme"), Combat, March on the Frontier (from "LAST ORDER FFVII"), A Beating Black Wing, Moonlight Wandering (from "LAST ORDER FFVII"), An Ancient Hymn Sung by the Water, Fulfilled Desire, to be continued (from FFVII "Opening ~ Bombing Mission"))

DC (Calm Before the Storm, Trigger Situation, Fragment of Memory, Azul the Cerulean, Undulation, Fight Tune "Girl Named Shelke", Uneasy Feelings, Sudden Parting, Discovery in Sadness, A Proposal, Return to the Origin, Fight Tune "Crimson Impact", Splinter of Sadness, Finally Reborn, Longing and Rebemption :P

:monster:

Oh, and Deliverance of the Heart (Heart of Anxiety) from Voices of the Lifestream is also very beautiful.

criesoftheplanet

Rookie Adventurer
Though I would like to get them one day, I have never heard the soundtracks from each title on it's own. However, listening to the music as I go throughout the games, I would have to say CC is my favorite. I love the new tracks that are very reminiscent of the orginal scores, and of course the new revisions of the oldies. I also love the tracks throughout AC. In watching AC it was my first time hearing all the outstanding music from ffvii redone. I've never heard anything from BC, and I'm not a huge fan of the music in DoC but I do think it is good. I just love the music from the entire compilation as a whole and could probably listen to it over and over and over and over and... :monster:

I haven't listened to the DoC one, but right now I'm loving Crisis Core's (got it for Christmas). The remixes of original FFVII songs really gets to me. I want to get the LO/BC one eventually, because I really liked the music in LO.

Arianna

Holy, Personified
AKA
Katie; Seta.
I have Dirge of Cerberus, the original Final Fantasy VII (through iTunes), and Advent Children soundtracks. I really can't go by the soundtrack, I have to go by the song - as in, there's really not a favorite soundtrack per se. If I had to choose, I'd go with the original soundtrack for the original game. But, I really like some of the remakes/other songs that have come into Final Fantasy VII history as well. *shrugs* Also, it depends on the mood I'm in: if I really want to think and daydream about adventure, Advent Children is the soundtrack, or the fan made Voices of the Lifestream (but that doesn't count here), if I want relaxing perhaps with a bit of moodiness, the Dirge of Cerberus sountrack is for me.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
I think Crisis Core has some of the best remakes *period* of the original FFVII themes. "Still more Fighting" and their "Summoned Beast Battle" which is remix of the FFVII boss battle theme is just epic. I kinda wish they used those in Dissidia.

While CC's soundtrack is mostly rock, I do love the tracks that aren't rock, like the theme "Truth Behind the Project" or the theme that plays when Sephiroth goes apeshit in Nibelheim. The piano pieces are just beautiful.

cold_spirit

he/him
AKA
Alex T
I don't know why, but when I watch advent children and hear the music, I get a huge nogalstic feeling so my favorite would be Advent Children. Now if I only had the money to buy the Soundtrack :-\

*goes back to waiting for ACC*

Masamune

Fiat Lux
AKA
Masa
DoC Online Multiplayer OST.

Love the 'Underground Complex', 'Uncontrollable Darkness', and 'Restrictor' tracks.

Countess Ariadne

Pro Adventurer
I can't remember the Dirge of Cerberus soundtrack at all, so I guess I didn't think much of it.

I liked Advent Children, but apart from Advent: One-Winged-Angel, I didn't get any emotional stirrings from it or anything.

I suppose my favorite would have to be Crisis Core's. I liked the battle music, the slightly new version of the song in Nibelheim was chilling, I liked its version of one Winged Angel, etc.

But that's not including the original FFVII OST. That one is by far my favorite.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
Listening to CC's again now.

I can't really think of one I don't like. Music has been one of the Compilation's better points, IM-true fact-O.

But I'm still going to pick DC, because DC doesn't get enough love :monster:

Although I do like Takeharu Ishimoto a lot.

Nancysing

Lv. 25 Adventurer
AKA
Nancy, Altoangel, DireChimes
I have listened to CC, AC, FFVII, and just a small bit of DC (so I won't rate it, I guess I'll edit my list after I've finished listening). My favorites are:
1. Crisis Core- my favorite track was the Anxious Heart remix, I forgot the name of it
2. FFVII
3. AC

This thread makes me want to go and re-listen to the music (hooray for imeem.).

kunoichi

dead
I'm going to have to put Crisis Core as my new favourite soundtrack, it's epic in every sense. Then I'd go for FF7 for the memories and AC is grand. Not into DC so the tracks kinda passed me by.

Top Bottom