Favorite Final Fantasy I Job

Which Is Your Favorite Final Fantasy I Job?

• Fighter / Knight

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Black Belt / Master

• Thief / Ninja

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Red Mage / Red Wizard

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • White Mage / White Wizard

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Black Mage / Black Wizard

• Total voters

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Jason Tandro, Doc Brown, Santa Christ, FearAddict, Thibault Stormrunner, RN: Micah Rodney
Simple thing that having finished Final Fantasy I for the first time in ever I was wondering about. We may mention the results of this poll during the Final Fantasy Retrospective Podcast. Which is your favorite Job?

ff1classes.gif

Fighter
When you like to just smash and slash, this is your guy. He deals great damage and can take a lot of damage from being able to equip the best armor, especially with the Knight upgrade.

Black Belt
The Black Belt deals the most damage at high levels with nothing but his bare fists and an even land multiple hits. He also has high HP to compensate for not being able to equip armor.

Thief
Talk about a "Magikarp Evolution". The Thief's only initial advantage is being able to run away with higher success, but when he gets his upgrade to Ninja he becomes a swordslinging, black magic using machine!

Red Mage
Indecisive bastard and can't decide between magic and steel? Well this versatile character is for you then! Able to wield weapons and some armor as well as learning all but the most powerful white and black magic, he's quite useful at filling any role.

White Mage
The master of healing spells, including learning the invaluable ability to raise the dead. While she's not very tough, your party will not last long without her aid.

Black Mage
The master of offensive magic, learning a variety of instant-death spells and insanely powerful magic that affects multiple targets, this is your go to guy for successful sorcery.

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
I'm not indecisive! I'm VERSATILE!

^what I say to my parents when they're all like "when will you get a REAL job? You did a term at both White and Black wizard academies but you never graduated!"
You don't know me! I'm running away to Corneria and I'm taking the family orb with me!

Ghost X

Haven't played FFI, so can only decide my preferences based on FFV :P. I find it hard to whittle it down to the one job anyway. A toss up between Black Belt, Thief, and Red Mage.

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Jason Tandro, Doc Brown, Santa Christ, FearAddict, Thibault Stormrunner, RN: Micah Rodney
Honestly this was a little tricky for me, but playing through FFI made it abundantly clear. Every role has their strengths, and yes a four of a kind Fighter run makes you virtually untouchable, but the guy who was most commonly filling any hole in my party structure was my Red Mage.

I needed an extra sword to fight a magic resistant foe? He was there.

I needed some extra healing when my White Mage was overworked (or KO?) He was there.

Got tired of wading through 9 enemy rounds and was running low on spells with my Black Mage? He was there.

Plus, let's get real here, the Red Mage is the sharpest dresser of the bunch.

GSO

Rookie Adventurer
Simple thing that having finished Final Fantasy I for the first time in ever I was wondering about. We may mention the results of this poll during the Final Fantasy Retrospective Podcast. Which is your favorite Job?

ff1classes.gif

Fighter
When you like to just smash and slash, this is your guy. He deals great damage and can take a lot of damage from being able to equip the best armor, especially with the Knight upgrade.

Black Belt
The Black Belt deals the most damage at high levels with nothing but his bare fists and an even land multiple hits. He also has high HP to compensate for not being able to equip armor.

Thief
Talk about a "Magikarp Evolution". The Thief's only initial advantage is being able to run away with higher success, but when he gets his upgrade to Ninja he becomes a swordslinging, black magic using machine!

Red Mage
Indecisive bastard and can't decide between magic and steel? Well this versatile character is for you then! Able to wield weapons and some armor as well as learning all but the most powerful white and black magic, he's quite useful at filling any role.

White Mage
The master of healing spells, including learning the invaluable ability to raise the dead. While she's not very tough, your party will not last long without her aid.

Black Mage
The master of offensive magic, learning a variety of instant-death spells and insanely powerful magic that affects multiple targets, this is your go to guy for successful sorcery.

I Like me a Black Belt. they make fairly good tanks too(at least in my Playthrough)

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Being an indecisive bastard, I very much like Red Mages. And in D&D or Elder Scrolls it's very useful to have some proficiency in both. Unfortunately there's very little reason to use them in FF1.

FFV helped by giving them Dualcast.

null

Mr. Thou
AKA
null
Favorite overall? Gonna have to go with Black Mage. Such a cool and iconic little guy.

For gameplay only I'll take the Master (although he makes the late game way too easy).

Top Bottom