Favorite Ships

Firstone33

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Daniel
What are your favorite ff ships? Who do you like together?

Mine are Lunoct, Fangrai, Cloti, Clerith, Clessie, the latter all as one otp4 aka cloudxtifaxaerithxjessie, Lightis, Highspecs, AshexBalthier, Sebusai, TidusxYuna, Squinoa, LysexY'shtola to name a few....so what are yours?

Reactions: Ite

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
I’m a “card carrying member” of many clubs here, but here’s a dump of ‘em all:

FFII: Firion/Leon
FFIV: Cecil/Rosa, Edge/Rydia
FFV: Bartz/Lenna
FFVI: Locke/Celes, Celes/Terra, Terra/Leo, Terra/Sabin, Edgar/Locke, Gogo/Inanimate Objects
FFVII: Cloti, Cleris, AerTi, Clessie, Biggs/Jessie, Cid/Vincent, Tifa/Vincent, Rufus/Tseng, Pre-Crisis-Core-Era-Clack, Pre-CC-Era-Zeris, and, if it’s done well: Rude/Tifa, and Barret/Tifa
FFVIII: Squall/Rinoa, Seifer/Rinoa, Quistis/Selphie, Cid/Edea, Quistis/Edea, Laguna/Raine, Laguna/Kiros, Squall/Ellone
FFIX: Zidane/Garnet, Zidane/Ruby, Zidane/Mary, Steiner/Beatrix, Zidane/Freya, Lani/Amarant, Freya/Fratley, and mayyyBe Kuja/Garnet if someone were to write it properly.
FFX: Tidus/Yuna, Wakka/Lulu, Lulu/Chappu, Auron/Jecht, Yuna/Lulu
FFXI: Lilisette/Me
FFXII: Ashe/Basch, Penelo/Basch, Balthier/Fran, Balthier/Ashe, Vayne/Ashe, Ashe/Rasler, Vaan/Rusty Spoon, Fran/Ashe,
FFXIII: Lightning/Fang, Disc/Recycling Depot
FFXIV: Minfilia/Y’shtola, all of y’all’s lalas in a filthy burlap sack.

Last edited:
Rufus/Tseng is my top ship as almost everyone here knows. I also really enjoy Aerith/Tseng, Aerith/Reno, Tifa/Tseng, Cloti, and Reno/Cissnei.
I never developed any ships in FFXV beyond what the game offered. Gladio and Prompto seem irredeemably het, Ignis is gay but never does anything about it, and Noctis just has bigger things on his mind. I always quite liked Aranea/Ignis, though, despite what I said previously.
FFXII is good shipping fodder! Balthier/Fran o/c, Penelo/Larsa. I think Basch deserves better than Ashe, but he'd marry her if she asked.

Firstone33

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Daniel
Rufus/Tseng is my top ship as almost everyone here knows. I also really enjoy Aerith/Tseng, Aerith/Reno, Tifa/Tseng, Cloti, and Reno/Cissnei.
I never developed any ships in FFXV beyond what the game offered. Gladio and Prompto seem irredeemably het, Ignis is gay but never does anything about it, and Noctis just has bigger things on his mind. I always quite liked Aranea/Ignis, though, despite what I said previously.
FFXII is good shipping fodder! Balthier/Fran o/c, Penelo/Larsa. I think Basch deserves better than Ashe, but he'd marry her if she asked.
Well Noctis thought about Luna lots in a romantic way it is hard to see it but there are several hints in ffxv and araneaxignis I like lots too along with lunoct, something about highspecs that just seems natural lol

I never got any romantic vibe off Noctis/Luna. Theirs was an arranged marriage and they were each other's fated partner in the crucial business of saving the entire world.

Reactions: Lex

Firstone33

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Daniel
I never got any romantic vibe off Noctis/Luna. Theirs was an arranged marriage and they were each other's fated partner in the crucial business of saving the entire world.
At least you are being honest and respectful others who said that just got all bitchy and shit and said stupid shit about them, and always tried to shove noctisxprompto down throats.

I got nothing against yaoi ships I am just saying. And I don't mind Noctis and Luna being platonic though the ending where they kiss more or less disproves that but people have different opinions regarding certain ships I know some I am sure say bad stuff about aranea x Ignis

Oh I think Noctis and Luna could have gone on to have a great romance and a really happy marriage if they'd lived, but they had so little time and both of them were completely focused on doing their duty.

Maidenofwar

They/Them
FFIII - arc/alus
FFIV - rydia/edge
FFVI - terra/shadow
FFVII - ?
FFVIII - seifer/quistis
FFIX - Beatrix/Steiner
FFX - Lulu/Wakka
FFXII - Penelo/Vaan, Basch/Ashe, Fran/Balth
FFXIIIs - Vanille/Fang, Snow/Serah, Noel/his Yuel, Caius/his Yuel
FFXI - Yshtola ... Thancred?

Clement Rage

Pro Adventurer
Beatrix/Steiner is probably my favourite, because it's built on pure mutual respect. Beatrix is almost the only character in the game that honestly respects Steiner and his abilities from the start. Steiner doesn't like Beatrix to start, but certainly respects her.

Cloud and Tifa will eventually be a beautiful relationship when they finally get a chance to breathe between constant crises.

Used to be fond of Tselena, not so much any more.

I think Hojo/Lucrecia is a very interesting relationship. I don't know if that qualifies as shipping.

Legend

Rookie Adventurer
Not a huge shipper but I have a few favorites:

IV: Rydia/Edge
VI: Locke/Celes, Edgar/Anyone
VII: Tseng/Elena, Tseng/Aerith

I tend to dislike anything LTD-related but look forward to seeing how it plays out in the remake.

Jairus

Author of FFVII: Lifestream & FFVII: Reflections
Well, it's no secret that I'm a major Clessie shipper lol, but I also like Cloti for endgame FFVII.

FFII: Always thought Leila and Guy would've been fun together. Also, Firion/Maria
FFIII: Luneth/Refia
FFVI: Locke/Celes, and I've always thought Edgar/Terra might've happened eventually
FFVII: Already said above, but Clessie and Cloti are my favorites here
FFVIII: Squall/Rinoa, Seifer/Quisis (it's hugely fun to write their verbal sparring), Irvine/Selphie, Laguna/Raine
FFIX: Zidane/Garnet, Steiner/Beatrix, and Mikoto/Blank (I wrote a one-shot about it years ago, might put it here sometime)
FFXII: Vaan/Penelo, Ashe/Basch
FFXIII: Hope/Vanille

I also have a unique ship I created for my FFVII/FFVIII crossover epic I wrote years ago - Ellone/Vincent. Part of the goal of the crossover was to highlight a pairing that most would never have thought of but which would actually work better than people might think. These two have more in common than it seems - they both have a burden of unwanted innate power that's forever altered their lives and have suffered for it, so they understand each other in ways few others can. They also both know what it's like to be alone - Vincent because of his solitary nature and Ellone because of being constantly forced to leave one home after another for years, not to mention being the catalyst for a short but brutal world war. So they would find kindred spirits in each other. At least, that's how it was in my story. And also because Ellone was my first e-crush and I wanted to write a story around her. :)

Last edited:

Firstone33

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Daniel
Beatrix/Steiner is probably my favourite, because it's built on pure mutual respect. Beatrix is almost the only character in the game that honestly respects Steiner and his abilities from the start. Steiner doesn't like Beatrix to start, but certainly respects her.

Cloud and Tifa will eventually be a beautiful relationship when they finally get a chance to breathe between constant crises.

Used to be fond of Tselena, not so much any more.

I think Hojo/Lucrecia is a very interesting relationship. I don't know if that qualifies as shipping.
Hojo x lucrecia it does not at all it is total one sided on both ends, lucrecia gets with him to more or less stay away from Vincent cause of what happened to his father, hojo is just with her cause she is just another project to him she means nothing to him.

So no it is not a ship in any way at all

Firstone33

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Daniel
Well, it's no secret that I'm a major Clessie shipper lol, but I also like Cloti for endgame FFVII.

FFII: Always thought Leila and Guy would've been fun together. Also, Firion/Maria
FFIII: Luneth/Refia
FFVI: Locke/Celes, and I've always thought Edgar/Terra might've happened eventually
FFVII: Already said above, but Clessie and Cloti are my favorites here
FFVIII: Squall/Rinoa, Seifer/Quisis (it's hugely fun to write their verbal sparring), Irvine/Selphie, Laguna/Raine
FFIX: Zidane/Garnet, Steiner/Beatrix, and Mikoto/Blank (I wrote a one-shot about it years ago, might put it here sometime)
FFXII: Vaan/Penelo, Ashe/Basch
FFXIII: Hope/Vanille

I also have a unique ship I created for my FFVII/FFVIII crossover epic I wrote years ago - Ellone/Vincent. Part of the goal of the crossover was to highlight a pairing that most would never have thought of but which would actually work better than people might think. These two have more in common than it seems - they both have a burden of unwanted innate power that's forever altered their lives and have suffered for it, so they understand each other in ways few others can. They also both know what it's like to be alone - Vincent because of his solitary nature and Ellone because of being constantly forced to leave one home after another for years, not to mention being the catalyst for a short but brutal world war. So they would find kindred spirits in each other. At least, that's how it was in my story.
is it still up? I would like to see that. Yes we know and you cursed me to love clessie, with what nomura has been revealing lately it seems that it might become real to some extent.

Terra/Edgar always been one of my favorites but the only one that does is Locke/Celes cause apparently Edgar gets friendzoned lol poor guy, some of these ships you like I like too though I like certain ships cause of certain things, Cloti is kind of endgame I mean they do end up living together they adopt Denzel and kind of Marlene and tifa blows cloud a kiss before he sees aerith and Zack of course I saw ac lots no idea if others have

Jairus

Author of FFVII: Lifestream & FFVII: Reflections
Yeah, it's on fanfiction.net under my old name, Axwind. It's called Point of Intersection. There are two versions of it, actually, but only the second one's finished. I've actually begun revising it to eventually post a third version under this name since I've learned a lot about writing in the years since finishing the second version (Final Cut) and I was never completely happy with it. Also, there were some things from the first version I wanted to bring back, and so I am with the third (and should be final) revision. Version 3 also uses Lifestream's continuity, too.

Rydeen

In-KWEH-dible
Rufus/Reno, Rufus/Elena, Rude/Chelsea, Clerith (if she never died.. But I do have an appreciation for Cloti), Locke/Celes... I'm not a big shipper in general, I guess, unless the pairing is genuinely well written, or seems like it would be an interesting dynamic to me. Then again, I don't think I've completed any of the post-VII FFs, either, due to never being able to hang onto my save files when I was younger. -.-

Edgar/Anyone

Edgar approves this message. :monster:

Top Bottom