Favourite Final Fantasy character(s)?

Murasame

Rookie Adventurer
My favourite would be Zack no questions asked, great main character in Crisis Core and just an all round likeable character.
Other favourites would be Aerith (Not her in Crisis Core though), Sephiroth and Zell. I couldn't stand not having him in my party in FFVIII. :P

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe
Squall , i dont really get why not many people liked him.
i started playing FF8 and was instantly hooked just because of this character. Though i do hate that he was the begining of tetsuyas stupid zipper and leather fetish when it comes to character design.

Vaan , hes just a great guy. Kinda slow witted but still a nice guy in FF12.

Ferris , shes just plain hillarious :p

Countess Ariadne

Pro Adventurer
I love quite a few... Sephiroth's on the top of my list, but I also like Cecil Harvey (IV), Kefka (VI), Quistis Trepe (VIII), Beatrix (IX), Kuja (IX), and Jecht (X).

Yes, I mostly like villains. ;D

sheens

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Sheens, Mooglet
Gippal, because he's a hot Al Bhed, with a great attitude, even if he isn't playable.

I also really liked Zell, Locke, Rydia, Palom and Polom. Too cuet.

Lone_Island

Even More Epic member
Vincent valentines goes for me.
To me he's quite cool and reliable. I specially like how his cloak looks like ( ripped-no-shape tail of it )

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
Rawr. I have too many.

But I have an organized list in my head for each FF, in order. 8D

FFIV
-Kain
-Cecil
-Rosa
-Edward
-Palom/Parom
-Edge
-Rydia
-Tellah
-Anna XD

FFV
-Faris

FFVI
-Celes
-Setzer
-Locke
-Kefka
-Leo
-Gau
-Gogo~
-Shadow(Moo)

FFVII
-Tifa
-Zack
-Tseng
-Aerith
-Yuffie
-Pimp (Lazard)
-Cloud
-Rufus
-Kunsel
-Hojo XD
-Reno+Rude
-Cissnei
-Angeal
-Sane Sephy
-Genny
-Scarlet

FFVIII
-Quistis
-Seifer
-Selphie
-Fujin

FFIX
-Freya
-Kuja
-Zidane
-Garnet
-Vivi
-Makato
-Blank
-Eiko

FFX
-Auron
-Jecht
-Rikku

X-2
-Rikku
-Gippal
-Baralai
-Shuyin

XII
-Larsa
-Penelo
-Vaan
-Balthier
-Gabranth
-Dr Cid
-Fran
-Evil Tomato
-Reks

That was fun. :monster:

Countess Ariadne

Pro Adventurer
Geez, you're including everyone, aren't you? XD I didn't know we were allowed to include so many... I'm glad to see you're a Hojo fan, though. Mad scientist love. <3

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
Well, not EVERYONE. ;)

Hojo deserves his love, damnit. Everyone seems to hate him because he's 'creepy' and 'omg ebil', but that's what makes him so nifty and interesting. That reminds me, I forgot Lucrecia. x'D

Countess Ariadne

Pro Adventurer
I really hate when fans say Hojo can't be Sephiroth's father because he's not "pretty" enough. Wtf.

Hojo seems to be pretty charismatic anyway, going by the Costa del Sol scenes. ;D And I think it could be argued that he's the real evil of the game.

I just wish he wasn't dismissed so easily...

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi
Hojo was awsome because out of any FF villain, he probably enraged me the most. Not in the annoying way, either. He was just so freaking evil.

as a general rule, I tend to be cool with any character unless otherwise specified. Favourites of the ones I finished are...

FFIV: Cecil, Golbez, Kain, Edge, Rydia, Palom/Porom
FFVI: Hard to single anyone out, the whole cast was pretty damn cool. I really loved Terra, Locke, Leo, Celes, Setzer, Ultros, Gau and Kefka.
FFVII: Same as above. The "Midgar gang" generally stand out for me (Cloud, Tifa, Aeris, Barret + Shinra employees). I'm unashamed to admit Cloud's been my favourite ever since playing the Lifestream scene.
FFVIII: Seifer, Squall, Quistis, Fuujin/Raijin, Edea
FFIX: Garnet, Zidane, Quina, Kuja and Vivi stood out for me the most though. Amarants character made me want to barf.
FFX: In order - Yuna, Rikku, Auron, Tidus, Lulu, Jecht, Gippal.
FFT: Ramza, Delita, Ophelia

I've mostly completed FFXII and Balthier and Ashe stand out for me. Haven't played enough of the others to really judge.

Dawnbreaker

~The Other Side of Fear~
FF1: Black Mage. Okay, so this doesn't count. :P
FF4: Cecil. Rydia. Kain. Rosa. Edge. Palom and Porom
FF6: Celes. Edgar. Setzer. Terra. Cyan. Mog. Kefka
FF7: Sephiroth. Vincent. Aerith.
FF8: Quintis
FF9: Vivi. Freya
FF10: Yuna. Auron
FF12: Um, not sure yet, Vayne's cool though.

Stella

Pro Adventurer
I have a lot of favorites, but my top 10 would have to be Tifa, Cloud, Vincent, Lucrecia, Zidane, Garnet, Rinoa, Squall, Yuna, and Lulu.

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
FFIV: Lydia of Mist, Cain Highwind (screw you, I'm using proper translations rather than the official ones), Edge Geraldine, Golbeza
FFV: Faris Scherwiz, Gilgamesh
FFVI: Tina Branford, Kefka Palazzo, Ultros
FFIX: Zidane Tribal, Vivi Ornitier, Kuja

that's a good kickoff selection I think.

Nancysing

Lv. 25 Adventurer
AKA
Nancy, Altoangel, DireChimes
I have yet to learn about the characters in FFs 1-5, and I know little about the characters in FF10, but other than that, my favorites are Sephiroth, Zack Fair, Cissnei, Kuja, Zidane, Balthier, Larsa, Vayne, and Kefka Palazzo.
In approximate order of preference.

spirit_chaser

Pro Adventurer
Since FFVII is my favorite, Ill start with it:
Females: Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Shalua and also the shotgun Turk girl, that looks a bit like Lucrecia;
Males: Cloud, Zack, Vincent, Tseng (and the rest of the Turks, I love them all xd), Cid, Barret and Angeal.

My other favorites are Kain, Edge, Rosa, Celes, Ingus, Stella and Versus shotgun guy.
:monster:

ForceStealer

Double Growth
My absolute favorite is Vivi.

The rest, in no particular order: Cloud, Cid (Highwind), Celes, Ramza (he counts dammit), Auron, Cecil, Barret, Balthier, Cyan.

It really is a lot of them though. A much easier list would be the handful that I don't like.

kunoichi

dead
I'm going to have to say Sephiroth is my all time favourite character followed in no perticular order;
Tifa
Vincent
Zidane
Vivi
Auron
Lulu
Zack
and last but not least, Kuja. =o I forgot about Rikku!

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe
I started playing FF10 again cause my net was down (3 days and already at zanarkand , no guide and got all the destruction chests at the cloisters to!). Im gonna have to add rikku, tidus and yuna to my list.
i know alot of people found them annoying but i just like them alot for some reason.

Any who if theres a least favorite character ill add seymour the patron saint of douche baggery to my list.

Frostwave

lil' rice krispies
AKA
Elizabeth, Selda
Lesse...uh, ok. In no particular order:

IV - Cecil, Rosa, Kain, Edge, Rydia

VI - Locke, Celes, Shadow, Edgar, Sabin

VII - Cloud, Tifa, Aerith, Zack, CID HIGHWIND, Yuffie, Vincent

VIII - Seifer, Selphie, Zell, Quistis, Ultimecia(what people usually mean when they say Edea), Rinoa(Yeah, that's right! Guess I'm one of the few that found her endearing rather than annoying and worthless).

IX - Zidane, Garnet, Vivi, Beatrix, Lani, Kuja, Mikoto, Blank, Marcus

X - Lulu, Yuna, Wakka, Jecht, Auron, Tidus

XII - ALL. But even more, Balthier, Ashe, and Basch.

Tactics - Ramza, Delita, Mustadio, Agrias, Ovelia, Balmafula, Malak, Izlude, Weigraf

Last edited:
Top Bottom