Favourite Michael Jackson songs?

Masamune

Fiat Lux
AKA
Masa
In celebration of the great man's life, what are you favourite MJ songs?

My number one favourite is Rock With You, and in no particular order: Billie Jean, Don't Stop 'til You Get Enough, Beat It, Wanna Be Startin Somethin, and Man In The Mirror.

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
No particular order.

-Thriller
-Billie Jean
-Smooth Criminal
-Beat It
-Rock With You
-PYT
-Don't Stop til You Get Enough
-Speed Demon :monster:
-I Like the Way You Are
-Forget what it's called, but the video had Eddie Murphy in it as the king of...Egypt or something?

Anyone who doesn't like Thriller and Billie Jean can gtfo, imo.

Purple

Charmed
Ben
One Day in Your Life
I'll Be There
Rock With You
Thriller
Beat It
Billie Jean
I Just Can't Stop Loving You
Black or White
Smooth Criminal
The Girl is Mine

Wow, looking back, he had a lot of good songs. Dang, he'll be missed.

Sprites

Waiting for something
AKA
Gems
Still can't believe he's dead I've loved his music since I was about 4/5 years old anyways these are my Top 10 favourite MJ songs

Thriller
Billie Jean
Earth Song
Ghosts
Bad
Black or White
You Are Not Alone
Smooth Criminal
Scream
Wanna Be Startin' Somethin

Locke Cole said:
Forget what it's called, but the video had Eddie Murphy in it as the king of...Egypt or something?

Remember The Times

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Man In The Mirror is beyond awesome and Earth Song is also incredibly epic. Like, seriously epic.

Also...Beat It and Give In To Me. Guitar solos ftw. :awesome:

Teva

hai a/s/l plz?
AKA
Queen of Sunshine / QoS / Suiseiseki / Desudesudesu / Teva / Teva'ni
Thriller
Beat It
Billie Jean
Remember the Time
Don't Stop 'Till You Get Enough
PYT
Rock With You
Bad
Give in to Me
Smooth Criminal
The Way You Make Me Feel

There's more but that's the most I can remember off of the top of my head right now. ^_^

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
Most of my favourites have already been mentioned. Though let's not forget Jackson 5 stuff like I'll Be There and I Want You Back. Looking back, he had a ton of great songs.

Sprites

Waiting for something
AKA
Gems
Yeah he was just a great artist in general I love most of his songs, Blood on the Dancefloor is a pretty good track as well.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Heh, I've been listening to tons of his songs today. Pretty much just put all the MJ songs on random. :wacky:

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Smooth Criminal, Bad, Billie Jean, Beat It, Man in the Mirror...most of them really. Personally I always thought Thriller got a disproportionate amount of attention compared to his other songs (today I mean, not back then), but its still a great song of course, I just mean that kids always only seem to know that one and to me riffs like Smooth Criminal and Beat it always, well, beat it ^_^

Last edited:

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
At his peak he was absolutely amazing. All of the songs on Off the Wall, Thriller, and Bad are amazing, and the few that weren't hits probably would've been hits for anyone else who didn't already have the media saturated with their hits (hell, Thriller had what, seven #1 singles? That's almost the entire album as it is). Dangerous is substantially less consistent by comparison, since there's actually some filler on it, but on the whole it's still a much stronger album than it's generally given credit for being.

I should probably break my eight-year cba with Invincible.

Part the Yngve

aaron freed sux cox imho
AKA
PiP, Yngve
I doubt thriller had 7 number ones, since bad had 5 and that was a record that still hasn't been surpassed. It definitely had 7 hit singles though.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
This video is not available in my region due to copyright blah. =/
What is it?

Have never listened to Invincible before, maybe I should.
I liked You Rock My World tbh.

ShivaIceCold

Diamond Dust...
'Invicible' didn't get that good a reception, but it was still a great album, in my opinion. 'Butterflies' is such a beautiful song and, of course, that's the album we get 'You Rock My World' from. Some great songs from that album are 'Unbreakable', 'Whatever Happens' and 'Invincible'.

This is what makes him special to me as an artist... I like ALL of his songs. How many artists can you say that about? Any one of his songs that come on the radio bring a smile to my face. In particular, I love 'P.Y.T.', 'In the Closet', 'Someone Put Your Hand Out' and 'Give In To Me'. I have part of the riff of the latter tattooed on my lower back on a piece of manuscript. I also want 'Gone Too Soon' played at my funeral.

With the Jacksons, I really liked 'Walk Right Now', 'Lovely One' and 'Heartbreak Hotel', along with the classics like 'ABC' and 'I'll Be There'.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Recently it's been really hot and I kinda found In The Closet and She Drives Me Wild to be fitting songs for that kind of hot weather. :wacky:
Since those songs are kinda hot too and shit. :monster:

I also like Blame It On The Boogie and Can You Feel It by The Jacksons. Good shit, man. :awesome:

Top Bottom