• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

FF 7 Remake (This one is for real) EDIT: NO. It's not

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Alex, Ashes, Pennywise, Bill Weasley, Jack's Smirking Revenge, Sterling Archer
Does your source know my uncle? (he works for SE)

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
This is bs, there is a secret game being made but it isn't FF7. My uncle's friend who knows a guy who went out with a chick whose brother drives a SE employee to work every week said the new game is Final Fantasy R, where players can choose their gender, then play as Balthier, Zidane, Zack, Cloud, Sazh or Squall (for guys), or Terra, Tifa, Aerith, Quistis, Lightning or Ashe (for girls), and play through the game getting as much action as possible (these occur as FMV scenes, VERY graphic) in-between fighting the villain, some new guy called Vorakodos. Apparently Sephiroth and Cloud of Darkness are rumored to be in as hidden characters, and they're debating on putting Riku and Aqua in too, they're unsure if they want KH characters in.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Well, that's all well and good but the image of the text and all looks very heavily altered and shopped or something. You see all that fuzz around the letters? That just looks fake or something. I mean it just seems very weird.

Actually, that's just what Paint does when you try to use it to make screenshots.

Pro tip: Paint sucks.

Also, poast this on the front page, for great justice :monster:. Who cares if it's a hoax? It looks pretty well written and stuff.

Still, it's kinda odd, first sending a mail asking for a translator, and then a second half outlining the remake bit.

A 'remake' (read: port) for the psp 2 would make some sense though. Square's current approach is to port all its popular games to handhelds, again and again and again :monster:. And people buy it.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Okay, obvious signs of fakery since no one has pointed them out yet:

1) "Square-Enix" with a hyphen
2) "this project's main game"? Sorry, "main game"? What?
3) As of December 2010 it still had not quite been fourteen years since FFVII's release, as was claimed here
4) "orchestally"? Not saying a failure to use spellcheck is impossible, but come on
5) The tracks "are awaiting"?
6) "the chance to attack prevently"? what is this i dont even

I could go on, but won't. It's fake, it's fail, and it's a waste of everyone's time.

Last edited:

DLPB

Banned Flunky
AKA
Seifer Almasy, DanielReturns
If everyone stopped replying and locked thread it would go away :) :P

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
Okay, obvious signs of fakery since no one has pointed them out yet:

1) "Square-Enix" with a hyphen
2) "this project's main game"? Sorry, "main game"? What?
3) As of December 2010 it still had not quite been fourteen years since FFVII's release, as was claimed here
4) "orchestally"? Not saying a failure to use spellcheck is impossible, but come on
5) The tracks "are awaiting"?
6) "the chance to attack prevently"? what is this i dont even

I could go on, but won't. It's fake, it's fail, and it's a waste of everyone's time.
I think you should go on, I enjoy seeing what else you can find. It's kinda like a Where's Waldo search or "How many things are wrong with this image?" :monster:

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Alex, Ashes, Pennywise, Bill Weasley, Jack's Smirking Revenge, Sterling Archer
This attempt at fakery is making the spirit of Ben Lansing sigh in disappointment.

Yeah. Yeah thats right. Lets see how many people recognise that arcane piece of FFVII fandom trivia.

Last edited:

Sprites

Waiting for something
AKA
Gems
Well this has just taken remake, rumours to a new level of ridicularse (yes i'm well aware of how I spelt ridiculous), you know what the werid thing is that stands out of me as to how this is more than likely a fake than anything else? Its the fact that in the inclusion of all the things mentioned to look forward to in the new remake, it mention chocobos, not even new upgrades to summons, magic and what not, just chocobos I mean what the fuck? Chocobos in FFVII were useful only if you wanted to spend time upgrading them in order to get KOTR before fighting the optional weapons and of everything a new FFVII remake would have to offer, a new chocobo upgrading system gets included in the statement, come on!

Last edited:

Kuraudo

Ex-Soldier
AKA
Cloudsoul
Like 99% of the people here, I wouldn't hold my breath until SE or Nomura or Cloud himself (with a SE logo and being rendered after 3 months of hard work) come to tell us to expect something FFVII wise. A fake email...sucks. And I agree if this game came out for PSP2...it's sells would suck, I expect PSIV or better!

Kuraudo

Ex-Soldier
AKA
Cloudsoul

Like you wouldn't want something in high quality? Especially a game of this magnitude, I think HQ would be respectful. (HQ of course involving game play, story follow through, etc)

PSIV will be in prototype stages in 2013/2014, so yeah hence the reason I said PSIV, plus the fact I don't see a remake even if they wanted to anytime soon.

Last edited:

Cat Rage Room

Great Old One
AKA
Mog
I'm not even sure if I would even want a FFVII remake at all if I had to wait until after the prototype stage of an unheard of console 3-4 years from now. The entire fact that you're alluding that 'if it isn't on PS4, (something that doesn't even exist yet) it ain't quality', is absurd.

Don't you realize that the majority of fans don't give a shit about having a super high tech BRIMMED TO THE MAX LET'S POLISH ROCKS DAMN DEM GRAPHICS BE GOOD FFVII, and those who want a remake just want one, period? A competent, decent remake in a reasonable amount of time.

The PS3 still has a lot of life and mileage. I can take or leave a remake, but if they're going to make one at all, I'd really just like for SE to buckle down and learn to use the resources they have instead of making fans wait for some pie in the sky flying cars nextnext gen console bullshit when we're all 30 and sending our kids off to preschool.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
For all I care, the remake could have PS2 level graphics plus 720p resolution. I'd be fine with that.

I just don't want anymore shit on handhelds. :monster:

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
I don't know about you MOG, but I'd love for the FFVII Remake to be on the PSXIV. I want it to be the last thing I do before I die at 95 years old. It'll be worth the wait.

The game of a lifetime.

Kuraudo

Ex-Soldier
AKA
Cloudsoul
I'm not even sure if I would even want a FFVII remake at all if I had to wait until after the prototype stage of an unheard of console 3-4 years from now. The entire fact that you're alluding that 'if it isn't on PS4, (something that doesn't even exist yet) it ain't quality', is absurd.

Don't you realize that the majority of fans don't give a shit about having a super high tech BRIMMED TO THE MAX LET'S POLISH ROCKS DAMN DEM GRAPHICS BE GOOD FFVII, and those who want a remake just want one, period? A competent, decent remake in a reasonable amount of time.

The PS3 still has a lot of life and mileage. I can take or leave a remake, but if they're going to make one at all, I'd really just like for SE to buckle down and learn to use the resources they have instead of making fans wait for some pie in the sky flying cars nextnext gen console bullshit when we're all 30 and sending our kids off to preschool.

That's fine and understandable, my problem is the fact you're acting quite prickish towards the my post (PSIV) post). If you want to call me an idiot for thinking that well then so be it. I didn't realize most of the staff here were pricks anyways. I really liked to come here before until most of you started getting very verbal and acting like some almight being of PHP and SQL power. I really think I won't refer most of my FF buddies here anymore. Back to EoFF or somewhere else where they don't mock people.

Peace.

Cat Rage Room

Great Old One
AKA
Mog
Yes, I disagreed with your opinion with the verbal emphasis of a half tick higher than that of an old man, so that obviously means I hate you and that I'm a prick.

It's totally like I attacked you as a person and I didn't merely disagree with what you said, nope, I hate your guts and want to pluck out your eyeballs. Yep.

Alex Strife

Ex-SOLDIER
Everytime someone says some people at the staff are (instert random cursing word), I end up wondering; why didn't I have problems with the staff, then?

The will of the Cookie Monster Force is mysterious, indeed.

I Am Not Me

The Mean Clack
AKA
Mei, Koibito, Stalker, Little Dude, Nami
Hey now, guys. I think it's totally legit. :wackymonster:

I've seen this in another site before, and people were all clamoring about it being in the PS3, when it specifically said Playstation Portable 2. Learn to read even fake rumors plz.

Top Bottom