FF Artist Makes Sprite Models For FF7-13’s Characters

Pixel

The Pixie King
a3cdb591c094c8b0763c8dfe58f3f7641352217430_full.jpg

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/11/0...te-models-for-final-fantasy-vii-xiiis-heroes/

Final Fantasy started its life on the Famicom and the original games had sprite heroes. Squaresoft switched to 3D models starting with the PsOne. For Final Fantasy’s 25th birthday, Square Enix asked pixel artist Kasuko Shibuya to make sprites for Cloud, Lightning, and Gilgamesh.

Shibuya worked on the Famicom Final Fantasy games as a character and monster artist. Square Enix asked fans in Japan which characters they want to see as sprites for the Final Fantasy Tribute – Thanks – album. This CD has tunes from 25 artists including Aoi Teshima and De De Mouse who are working on the Final Fantasy IX theme song "Melodies of Life." Here’s a list of other artists participating in the Final Fantasy Tribute – Thanks – project.

Gym Leader Devil

True Master of the Dark-type (suck it Piers)
AKA
So many names
Awesome.

Edit: @Loki, if you've ever read 8-bit Theater you come to expect that Black Mage's face looks angry to enraged at all times, even if you can't see it normally.

Kermitu Kleric Katie

KULT OF KERMITU
Some of the character choices on some of these don't make much sense. I get VII's, with the characters chose being the hero(Cloud), the villain(Sephiroth), and the icon(Aerith). VIII's makes sense too, with the hero and his father. IX's doesn't make much sense to me though. I get why they chose Zidane(the hero), but why Eiko? Garnet(the love interest and heroine), Vivi(the deuteragonist), or Kuja(the villain, and Zidane's "brother") would've made moar sense, rather than Eikko(the perky magic girl). I understand X's as well, having the hero and the most prominent villain, though admittedly Tidus and Seymour don't have much to do with each other, so it does seem a tiny bit odd. XI's choosing of Shantotto makes sense as well, since she seems to have become the icon for XI as of late. The one that makes the least amount of sense, has got to be their choice of character for XII. Why Penelo? That makes no sense. Vaan(the main character), Basch(the one who was original going to be the main character), Ashe(the "true main character", according to some loonies), Gabranth(the icon), or maybe even Balthier(who claims to be the main character) would've made a million times moar sense, rather than Penelo(the best friend/love interest).

Danseru-kun

Pro Adventurer
I'm sad that Garnet and Rinoa lacks love from SE, they were the ones I wanted for Dissidia and please give them an updated CG art T_T

Vaan(the main character), Basch(the one who was original going to be the main character), Ashe(the "true main character", according to some loonies), Gabranth(the icon), or maybe even Balthier(who claims to be the main character) would've made a million times moar sense, rather than Penelo(the best friend/love interest).

I agreed with almost everything you said except this. Why would people believing that Ashe is the true heroine loonies? The plot is mostly about her fighting as a renegade princess to save Dalmasca even after she lost her father and her husband.

Last edited:

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
I agreed with almost everything you said except this. Why would people believing that Ashe is the true heroine loonies? The plot is mostly about her fighting as a renegade princess to save Dalmasca even after she lost her father and her husband.

*Her fight for revenge until the Occuria's mistake in trying to manipulate Vaan as easily as they did Ashe gave Vaan the opportunity to turn her away from that path.

Alex Strife

Ex-SOLDIER
I love Rinoa (don't throw stones at me!) and Garnet, too. And if a third Dissidia entry (or similar concept) was made, I'd definitely want them in. Although in all fairness, Square would probably go for Seifer and Vivi, before the girls :(

Kermitu Kleric Katie

KULT OF KERMITU
I'm sad that Garnet and Rinoa lacks love from SE, they were the ones I wanted for Dissidia and please give them an updated CG art T_T

Because the people who think Ashe is the main character don't know what the definition of main character is, and ignore the times it's been stated that Vaan is the main character. Just because Vaan doesn't have much to do with the main plot of the game, it's still told through his eyes and focuses on him. To say Vaan isn't the main character of FFXII is to say Ishmael isn't the main character of Moby Dick.

Alex Strife

Ex-SOLDIER
I'd say she's the main character from a "storyline" point of view. Vaan is the main character from a "point of view" point of view.

Read it again, it's not confusing, I promise.

PS: And then there's Han Solo. I mean, Balthier.

Kermitu Kleric Katie

KULT OF KERMITU
I love Rinoa (don't throw stones at me!) and Garnet, too. And if a third Dissidia entry (or similar concept) was made, I'd definitely want them in. Although in all fairness, Square would probably go for Seifer and Vivi, before the girls :(

I like Rinoa and Garnet as well. Has anyone else noticed that they both look rather similar to Tifa? But Square probably would put Seifer and Vivi in over them, though in Vivi's case I wouldn't mind, since he's my favorite from IX, and in Seifer's case I wouldn't really mind either, I like him and Rinoa equally.

Kermitu Kleric Katie

KULT OF KERMITU
No Tifa makes me sadfeisu.

Me too. No Cid Highwind also makes me sadfeisu. SE needs to pay moar attention to him. He's one of the most popular characters here in the States, where a significant portion of SE's FF sales come from, rivaling the likes of Cloud, Tifa, and Sephiroth in popularity, and yet he doesn't anywhere near as much attention paid to him as Cloud, Tifa, Aerith, and Sephiroth. He doesn't get his own OtWtaS novella, gets a supporting role in AC/C and DoC(and BC, but pretty much all of VII's party members got supporting roles in it, with them appearing in 2 or 3 chapters if they're lucky, but most appeared in just 1), and isn't in CC at all(though he is mentioned). At least he's one of the moar prominent FF characters in KH, appearing in all games with FF characters in them besides BBBs(which only has Zack, though Cloud, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Cid, Leon, and IIRC Sephiroth were originally going to be in Hollow Bastion but were cut for time. Makes you wonder what roles they were gonna have, what outfits they'd've been given[I would've used their CC{or BC for the ones who aren't in CC} outfits for the VII characters, and for Leon alter him and his outfit make him look moar like he did in VIII to show how much younger he is, or used new outfits, perhaps modified versions of the ones I mentioned], what interactions they'd have with each other, etc.), and even gets a bigger role than Leon and Yuffie in Re:coded. I hope the next KH game uses the FF characters besides moogles, since they didn't appear in Days or 3D and Zack was the only one in BBS, but at least Cid gets to be in moar KH games than Tifa and Aerith and Sephy and just as many as Cloud. I think if they make another Dissidia or something, Cid should be the VII character they add.

tl;dr SE needs to pay moar attention to Cid Highwind.

Top Bottom