• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

FF Collections

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
I've had all day for the scope of this to sink in and it still hasn't.

Calling it now: next TLS Awards, you're getting nominated for something like "Most Impressive FF Collection" or something.

Alex Strife

Ex-SOLDIER
Whoa there nelly. That's rather impressive. No, actually that's fucking amazing. And people here know I don't cuss easily.

Gym Leader Devil

True Master of the Dark-type (suck it Piers)
AKA
So many names
Haha, Alex said "fucking." Let that be a mark of just how impressive you have been.

espritduo

Zetta Member
That's just the tip of the iceberg! The prettiest tip, I'll admit, since Ultimanias are beautiful books, but it's only like, 10% of the whole thing. Next up, my "general FF (but mostly Amano)" art books!

artbook_collection.jpg

Here we have, from left-bottom to right-top:

Dawn: Worlds of Final Fantasy (Japanese version) (Amano art from I-IV)
Final Fantasy JAPAN (More random Amano stuff, mostly FFVI)
Kusanagi Studios I-VII (various things, but they did mucho location concept art for FFVII, FFVIII, FFIX, FFX, and FFXII)
Final Fantasy Creatures Fan Book 1 and 2 (came with Heretic Bahamut Creature Arts and Floral Fallal Yuna Creature Arts) (these little things have a good selection of interviews, images for the complete Creatures series, as well as some concept artwork for the actual Creatures models themselves.)
Yoshitaka Amano Postcard Collection (the little thing next to the Fan Books. It's not really FF, but there's a couple FFVI artworks in there)
Illustration Magazine featuring Yoshitaka Amano (recent magazine that interviewed Amano and has some exclusive FFVII Amano artwork in it.)
The Sky (original Digicube Japanese edition, it's everything Amano FFI-X)
The Sky (newly released Dark Horse English edition)
Yoshitaka Amano and Matsumoto Takashi graphic novelization of 1001 Arabian Nights. Not FF-related, but it's cool.

And that's that! I have other artbooks but they are FF-specific, so I'll get to them when I get to the game itself. As you can tell, I absolutely LOVE Amano, and made it a point early in my collection to get everything he's ever done for the series. And I have! I've also scanned it all (and uploaded it to the FFwiki), and you can see THAT here:

http://www.espritduo.com/Amano/

I haven't actually updated it yet with my newest, newest Amano FF stuff, like the newly released FFXI Adoulin jobs art and the couple new scans I was able to get from the 25th Anni stuff, but it's damn comprehensive otherwise.

espritduo

Zetta Member
Now onto the actual games! First, the original Final Fantasy and Final Fantasy II! Lots of stuff here, so two images of the spread - one the left side the other the right side.

ff1-2_collection_left.jpg

ff1-2_collection_right.jpg

Lotsa goodies, starting from the far left of the left image:

On the bookshelf:

Symphonic Suite Final Fantasy album and the Final Fantasy Origins OST

Below that, and working my way across:

Final Fantasy I and II: Dawn of Souls (game and Nintendo Power guide)
Final Fantasy Origins (game and Bradygames guide)
Final Fantasy PSP (game and Bradygames guide)
Final Fantasy II PSP (game and Bradygames guide)
Final Fantasy (NES box with cartridge, manual, and map)
Final Fantasy I II III Memories of Heroes (25th Anniversary official novelisation of each game)
Final Fantasy Complete Works Vol.1 and Vol.2 (original Digicube release, covers tons of comparative info for FFI-VI)
Final Fantasty Complete Works Vol.1, Vol.2, and Vol.3 (Digicube re-release, covers tons of comparative info for FFI-X)

On the right, working my way to the right end:

Final Fantasy I-II complete official guide (by Famicom Magazine, for the NES special combo edition, Japan-only)
Final Fantasy I-II Advance official guide (by V-Jump)
Final Fantasy Nintendo Power special issues (one is a complete walkthrough, the others merely have special features on FFI. Infamously ridiculous artwork.)
Final Fantasy Monster World guide (For NES versions. Lots of random info on the monsters of FFI-II)
Final Fantasy II official novelisation (I think this is a more vanilla official novelisation, unlike Labyrinth of Nightmares which take some major liberties with the FFII story).
Final Fantasy II: Labyrinth of Nightmares (FFII official novelisation, featuring major changes to the story).
Final Fantasy official guide (by Famicom Magazine)
Final Fantasy guide (by Famicom Magazine, really just a preview thing)
Final Fantasy II official guide 1 (by Famicom Magazine, 1 of 2)
Final Fantasy II official guide 2 (by Famicom Magazine, 2 of 2)
Final Fantasy I Wonderswan Color version official guide (by V-Jump)
The Book of Ultema (some sort of promotional schedule book featuring color versions of Amano's FFII monster art. UBER RARE)
Final Fantasy Final Issue (official guide by Digicube for the PSX version)
Final Fantasy II Final Issue (officiaul guide by Digicube for the PSX version)
Final Fantasy PSP Official Guidebook (by V-Jump)
Final Fantasy II PSP Official Guidebook (by V-Jump)

I also have the Virtual Console version of FFI NES, and digital copies of the soundtracks for the NES versions of FFI and FFII, as well as mp3's for the five battle songs added to the PSP edition of FFI (for the FFIII-VI bonus bosses). And a fanslated emulation of FFII NES, of course.

Next, FFIII and FFIV!

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Holy shit, your collection for just I and II might be bigger than my collection for the entire series. There's some stuff in here I've never even heard of.

Kai Schulen

... ... ...▼
AKA
Trainer Red
Shit dude, you should've entered SE's Super FF Fan contest last month, you would've won 1st place for cert and gone to see Distant Worlds in Europe.

(Also in the event that you...."get in a really bad accident" or "mysteriously disappear off the face of earth leaving behind your earthly possessions" or feel the "magical compulsion to give away all of your FF stuff", do you think you could leave all of your FF stuff to me? :cute: )

Last edited:

espritduo

Zetta Member
Onward and upward! Next is FFIII and FFIV. Again, two images for the spread. Left is all FFIII, right is all FFIV.

ff3-4_collection_left.jpg
< FFIII

ff3-4_collection_right.jpg
< FFIV

Okay, here we go! From far left of left image:

On the bookshelf:

Final Fantasy III OST
Final Fantasy III DS OST
Final Fantasy III DS Gameboy DS holder (came with the game, and yes, I actually have a Gameboy in there!)

In the left image, from the left:

Final Fantasy III DS (game and Bradygames guide)
Final Fantasy III DS Official Final Guide (by Famitsu)
Final Fantasy III DS Grand Prologue official guide (by V-Jump)
Final Fantasy III official materials NES (by Square Brand, part 1 of 3)
Final Fantasy III official materials NES (by Square Brand, part 2 of 3)
Final Fantasy III official materials NES (by Square Brand, part 3 of 3)
Final Fantasy III official NES manga, vol. 1, 2, and 3 (by Dragon Comics, a good bit different from the game)

In the right image, from the left, top row:

Final Fantasy II (IV) (Nintendo Power special issue and SNES cartridge)
Final Fantasy IV Chronicles (game and Bradygames guide)
Final Fantasy IV Advance (game, manual and Nintendo Power guide)
Final Fantasy IV DS (game, Bradygames guide, and soundtrack)
Final Fantasy IV OST
Final Fantasy IV Celtic Moon arranged album
Final Fantasy IV The Complete Collection (game and Complete Arts book)
Final Fantasy IV The Complete Collection official guide (by Square-Enix)
Final Fantasy IV: The After official Wii guide (by Square-Enix)
Final Fantasy IV DS official guide (by Square-Enix)

Right image, from the left, bottom row:

Final Fantasy IV official novelisation, part 1 and 2 (by Game Novels)
Final Fantasy IV: The After official novelisation (by Game Novels)
Final Fantasy IV official materials, parts 1 (Cecil cover), 2 (Edge cover), 3 (Kain cover), and 4 (Golbez cover) (by Square Brand)
Final Fantasy IV Easytype official materials(by Square Brand)
Final Fantasy IV Wonderswan Color official guide (by V-Jump)
Final Fantasy IV PSX version official guide (by Digicube)
Final Fantasy IV Advance official guide (by V-Jump)
Final Fantasy IV DS Final Guide (by Famitsu)
Final Fantasy IV DS World Master Guide (by V-Jump)

Also, I have the Virtual Console version of FFII (IV) SNES, and a fanslated emulation of FFIII NES. Music-wise, I have digital copies of:

FFIII: Legend of the Eternal Wind (sort of a audiomusical retelling of the game with orchestrated FFIII music in the background)
FFIV Mininum album (just a few unreleased tracks from the SNES version)
Final Fantasy IV Piano Collections
FFIV and The After Years Sounds Plus (Mysterious Girl Battle FTW!)

And that's about it for that. FFV and VI next!

EDIT: And believe it or not, I would never have won the Super Fan contest. The guy that did win is leaps and bounds beyond me, collection wise. My collection is primarily one of utility. I collect data, info, music, art, games. I don't have hardly any memorabilia like toys and keychains and coffee mugs and T-shirts (oh shit! I do have a couple t-shirts for FF1. I'll put them in the next image), etc. The guy that won had mountains of mint condition, unopened swag of every kind; usually multiple copies of the same thing, every copy from every region for every game, etc, etc. I don't have or want all that crap I can't even use. Although I am quite convinced I'm the bigger fan, since my stuff has been opened and enjoyed, and every game you see there has a 100% mastered file sitting on it. Plus, I'm writing an ongoing 400,000 word FFVI fanfiction! I bet he doesn't have one of those! Anyways....back to work!

Last edited:

espritduo

Zetta Member
Aaaand, FFV and FFVI! I think this will be it for the night. I've got class all-day tomorrow, and it's already 1am.

ff5-6_collection_left.jpg

ff5-6_collection_right.jpg

Okay, once again from the left side of the left image:

On the bookshelf:

Final Fantasy V OST
Final Fantasy V Dear Friends arranged album
Some FFVI sticker that came with one of my books. Heh.

Left image, left side:

Final Fantasy V Preview books (three of them, all by Famicom Magazine)
Kefka Palazzo Creatures figure. The only one I've actually ever bought. Because.
Final Fantasy V Advance and FFVI Advance (games and Nintendo Power FFV Advance guide. There is no English FFVI Advance guide!)
Final Fantasy V Basic Knowldege Guide (by Squaresoft)
Final Fantasy V Battle Analysis Guide (by Squaresoft)
Final Fantasy V Perfect Conquest Guide (by Squaresoft)
Final Fantasy V Basic Guidebook (by Squaresoft)
Final Fantasy V Choco Choco Bonbon! (FFV manga where Bartz and Boco travel to different FF worlds)
Final Fantasy V and VI Anthology (game and Bradygames guide, in poor condition, heh.)
Final Fantasy III (VI) SNES (game and Nintendo Power guide, also in very poor condition. I loved those things to death, man)

Right image, from the left, top row:

Final Fantasy VI OST and Special Tracks (unreleased stuff, including a vocal track!)
Final Fantasy VI Piano Collections
Final Fantasy VI Grand Finale arranged album
Final Fantasy Finest music collection (limited edition collection of the OST's from the Advance versions of FFIV, V, and VI)
Final Fantasy VI V-Jump preview issue (I actually just got this! Didn't know they did one of these for FFVI. Lots of interesting nostalgia in here)
Final Fantasy VI official materials guide 1 (Setzer cover), 2 (Terra cover), and 3 (Edgar cover) (by Squaresoft)
Final Fantasy VI Basic Guidebook (by Squaresoft)
Final Fantasy VI Preview books (two of them, by Famicom Magazine)

Right image, from left, bottom row:

Final Fantasy V PSX official guide (by Digicube)
Final Fantasy Collection official guide for FFIV, V, and VI (this is the Japanese equivalent of our Anthology and Chronicles shenanigans)
Final Fantasy V Advance Master Guide (by V-Jump)
Final Fantasy V Advance Official Complete Guide (by Square Enix)
Final Fantasy VI Advance Master Guide (by V-Jump)
Final Fantasy VI Official Complete Guide (by Square Enix)
Final Fantasy VI The Complete (by Squaresoft, for the SNES version)
Final Fantasy VI Character Collections (by Squaresoft, just a collection of Amano art for the various characters. I believe this is where I got the FFVI sticker)

And of course, I have the Virtual Console version of FFIII (VI) for the SNES, and the fanslated emulation of FFV for the SNES.

And I have digital copies of FFV Mambo de Chocobo and FFV Piano Collections.

And that'll be all for tonight. Now you may be thinking "What about Mystic Quest? FFV Legend of the Crystals? The various arranged general Nintendo-era albums I didn't show? All that stuff I'll group togther with my miscellaneous FF pile at the end. Next, FFVII and FFVIII! Tomorrow.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Really can't wait to see what you might have for VII and VIII. :monster:

For a second, I thought I had scans of something you don't have, but upon a second look, I see that you do have it (that book you've labeled "FFVI official materials guide 2," with Terra on the cover).

espritduo

Zetta Member
Heh, yeah, I know they have longer Japanese names, like FFIV's Settei Shiryou...but I'm lazy and just named them by a generic "what it is" name. Anyways, bed time!

Splintered

unsavory tart
I have now decided being me is ultimately unrewarding. I think I shall be espritduo now so I can have all the beautiful things in my possession.

espritduo

Zetta Member
Alright, back to the grind! The whole FFVII Compilation ended up being enough by itself, so FFVIII will be with FFIX.

ff7_compilation_collection_left.jpg

ff7_compilation_collection_right.jpg

Okay, left image, from the left:

On the bookshelf:

Final Fantasy VII Chips
Final Fantasy VII Piano Collections

From the left:

Final Fantasy VII (game and Bradygames guide, with demo behind them)
Final Fantasy VII OST
Final Fantasy VII Reunion Tracks
Final Fantasy VII preview guide (by V-Jump)
Final Fantasy VII The Perfect guide (by V-Jump)
Final Fantasy VII Official Establishment File (by Famitsu)
Final Fantasy VII The Complete guide (by Famitsu)
Final Fantasy VII International Memorial Album (by Digicube. I may be wrong, but I believe this actually a word for word complete Japanese script of the game, with pictures. It seems like it!)
Final Fantasy VII On the Way to a Smile (by Square Enix and Nojima Kazushige)

Right image, from the left, top row:

Cloud Vol.1 (I have no idea what Vol.2 is, or if it even exists!)
Final Fantasy VII Advent Children Reunion Files
Final Fantasy VII Advent Children Prologue guide
Crisis Core -Final Fantasy VII- (game, Bradygames guide, and Shinra CD-case)
Dirge of Cerberus: Final Fantasy VII (game and Bradygames guide)
Drige of Cerberus: Final Fantasy VII OST + Cerberus Complete Case (the black box next the soundtrack)

Right image, from the left, bottom row:

Final Fantasy VII Lateral Biography "Turks - The Kids Are All Right"
Final Fantasy VII Advent Children The Novel
Final Fantasy VII Advent Children 2-Disc Special Edition DVD
Final Fantasy VII Advent Children Complete blu-ray (has animated movie of Case of Denzel)
Final Fantasy VII Advent Children OST
Final Fantasy VII Advent Children Complete Reunion Tracks
Final Fantasy VII Advent Children 2-Disc Limited Edition Collector's Set (DVD, postcards, English script, Last Order)
Crisis Core -Final Fantasy VII- The Complete Guide (by Playstation, I think? They only made a couple things for FF, but damn they're good! This book is bigger than the Ultimania!)
Crisis Core -Final Fantasy VII- Soldier Combat Manual (by V-Jump)
Dirge of Cerberus: Final Fantasy VII Official Complete Guide (by Square-Enix)
Dirge of Cerberus: Final Fantasy VII Prelude (by V-Jump)

Also, I have FFVII on the PSN, and digital copies of the FFVII Unreleased Tracks and International Extra Disc, Before Crisis and Last Order soundtracks, and I do have the Crisis Core OST...but I have no idea where it is! >_< I have the songs ripped to my computer, though.

And that's everything for FFVII! I have one more magazine coming in the mail shortly - a V-Jump special world preview issue, like the FFVI one. There are apparently one of these for each FF from VI-X, XII, and XIII, and getting all of these is where my collecting path is currently treading. I have the FFVI one, as well as the FFIX, X, and XII ones. The VII and VIII ones are on the way to my house as I type this, and the XIII one is the last on the list. There is incredbile artwork in these, which can't be found in any other book, even the Ultimanias and 25th Anniversary Ultimanias. Crazy stuff. I'll add them to a future shot if they come in the next day or so.

Stuff I simply do not have, but really wish I did: Before Crisis, Dirge of Cerberus -Lost Episodes-, FFVII Snowboard mobile game, and a real life Buster Sword. :P

FFVIII and FFIX up next, but don't get your hopes up. The pickings are pretty slim for both of these. There just isn't much out there for these. The intimidation of the first Ultimania might be to blame for FFVIII (it really was a whole new level of strategy guide), and Playonline I bet is the culprit for the dearth of FFIX guide books.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Ultimania killed the guide book star, huh? :monster:

I must say I feel a little better about my collection seeing that I have most of the same stuff for VII.

The CC Complete Guide was published by Media Works. How much did you pay for it, by the way? It's gotten hella expensive. Wish I had gotten it a long time ago.

Very curious about this unique artwork for VII and VIII in the magazines you have coming.

espritduo

Zetta Member
FFVIII and IX!

ff8-9_collection.jpg

Alright, from the left:

On the book shelf we have the Final Fantasy VIII OST and the Fithos Lusec Wecos Vinosec arranged album.
Final Fantasy VIII (game and Bradygames guide)
Final Fantasy VIII Beginners guide (by Digicube)
Eyes on Me single (Faye Wong, looking silly)
Final Fantasy VIII Postcard Book (Digicube)
Final Fantasy VIII Chips
Final Fantasy IX Chips
Final Fantasy IX (game and crappy Bradygames guide)
Final Fantasy IX Piggyback guide (equally crappy, much to my dismay)
Final Fantasy IX OST
Final Fantasy IX OST Plus
Melodies of Life single (Emiko Shiratori)
Final Fantasy IX World Preview guide (V-Jump special issue)
The Art of Final Fantasy IX x2 (by Bradygames.I wanted one to keep, and one to break the spine for better scanning.)
Final Fantasy IX Visual Arts Collection

I have FFVIII and FFIX on PSN, and digital copies of the FFVIII and FFIX Piano Collections, as well as FFVIII Unreleased Tracks.

I do not have FFVIII PC or a Pocketstation, believe it or not! I thought I had the FFVIII demo, but I can't seem to find it. Those demos I never much paid attention to way back wehn, and it's by luck alone I still have the FFVII demo. Nor do I have either the old or new PC version of FFVII. Shameful, I know, but I'm not much of a PC gamer. The Pocketstation is a horrible oversight though. I had assumed for many years that you couldn't use a Japanese Pocketstation with the NTSC FFVIII or PSX, so I never bothered getting one...but I recently heard that you can actually use it with those?! So that's newly added to my list of things to track down.

And that's it for FFVIII and IX. Like I said, not much here, sadly. The FFVIII World Preview V-Jump issue is coming, and I know for a fact it does actually have tons of good, one-of-a-kind concept art in it, so I'm pretty excited.

Anyways, X and X-2 next! FFXI is a world unto itself, and is definitely going to need its own deskspace. Maybe I'll throw FFXIV with it, since there sure ain't much for that red-headed stepchild.

Last edited:
Top Bottom