• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

FF Collections

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
I uh... don't actually have that much :monster:

FFIX, X, XII, XIII, XIII-2 and FFXIV on disks; FFVII and VIII on PSN but those aren't collectible (because not physical).
AC DVD
and some FFVI artwork / information booklet somewhere I bought a few years ago, half-scanned for a translation project.

I feel bad in saying that I don't have much either, (and I'm kicking myself so hard for not buying a lot of FF merch when I actually had the money to do so)

FF X, X-2, and XII, and Dirge of Cerberus for PS2. I have the strategy guide for X-2 and the Collector's Edition strategy guides for XII (Balthier on the cover FTW), XIII and XIII-2. I have XIII for PS3 and the Collector's Editions of XIII-2 and Lightning Returns.

I have Final Fantasy I and II for PSP, along with Crisis Core and Dissidia. I used to have strategy guide for Dissidia, but an ex ended up keeping it, claiming that 'he lost it'. >_>

I hate to say that it's mostly the new gen FFs that I have hard copies of, but my family couldn't really afford any consoles growing up, so I had to rely on friends to let me play some of the older games.

I had a gnarly Sephiroth poster of his Advent Children portrait, but once I joined the military out of highschool that somehow got trashed in my room by my little brother. I still kept it though, despite the rips and tears. -_-

And I just recently posted it in an FFXII thread, but I recently acquired the Masterpiece Arts Statue of Gabranth and eet eez niiiiiiiiice. :wacky:

Hope to keep saving up for more stuff eventually!

Wolf_

Pro Adventurer
Oh I was on my phone, that's why. :wacky: Loaded fine on the comp.

Yeah, it all depends on what you're looking for, I 'spose.

Oh, I completely forgot to get a pic of my Amano print in my bedroom earlier. It's Cloud and Aerith.. naturally :monster: It's a lot bigger than it looks in the second pic, it's more for room comparison/proof since my walls are grey and boring :wacky:.. frieghting that bitch from Japan was a nightmare.

There was one one eBay the other week but I could feel my other half's eyes burning into my head as my finger hovered around the bid button. For my own personal safety I chose to let it go.

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
Holy moly. I do not and have not ever owned a single item of Final Fantasy merchandise (not counting official walkthroughs). You... seem to be the opposite of me. Have you counted how many things are in your collection, or - gulp - how much you've spent on it?

Welcome to the forum!

kevinwedler

Lv. 1 Adventurer
I've been looking for a FF Tactics artbook for a long time, but there doesn't seem to be one.
So i'f possible could someone tell me which of the four guides; Official, Perfect, Master and Brady, has the most artwork in it?

trash panda

---m(O.O)gle---
AKA
Howl
I've been looking for a FF Tactics artbook for a long time, but there doesn't seem to be one.
So i'f possible could someone tell me which of the four guides; Official, Perfect, Master and Brady, has the most artwork in it?

Gah I really want this too (because I love Akihiko Yoshida's art). There are two books that I know of:

Tactics Ogre Works

Art of Eorza
^ FFXIV, not Tactics, but still...Yoshida art. :monster:

kevinwedler

Lv. 1 Adventurer
Gah I really want this too (because I love Akihiko Yoshida's art). There are two books that I know of

^ FFXIV, not Tactics, but still...Yoshida art. :monster:

Thanks, but i already own those books.
I hope there'll be a good Yoshida artworks collection one day.

Avalanche87

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Bakito/Marak/DJMarak
Channizard, you honestly make me hurt lol!!

A few points:
These "custom statues" of "Sephiroth's Victory" and Aeris & cloud on the alter. Just wow!!! How in the world did these two pieces come into existence??!!

I will feel extremely accomplished once I eventually obtain the "Holy Grail" being the Sculpture Arts of Aeris on the alter, super amped to ever see it in a picture that isn't the "standard" pics you see on ebay.

What is the beautiful timber box that sits open next to the Kotobukiya Aeris?

I'm super jealous to see the battle statue of Sephiroth and Cloud (where cloud is going for the over head swing). I got screwed a few years back by a seller on ebay, I got scammed for it but paypal got my money back... It's a bitter sweet feeling seeing it! Can you elaborate on how you came to obtain that piece please?

I love all the materia plaques you've got too, what's the story with them?

I've been thinking of late, if I should start trying to buy each of the Kotobukiya models of the characters or not... it's either all or none, you know what I mean?

Kionae, I love your collection too, I see that funny Chef Quina ha ha ha I use him/her in game heaps :D I love the Turks white poster, I'm tipping it's a translation thing with Reno being named Leno? Also Elena being named Yrena? Awesome piece none the less!

I LOVE THE OLD SKOOL FFVII CHARACTERS IN THE SHELF/FRAME!!!!

I must mention too that I've seen the pictures of Rhadamante's pictures before... I'd almost request an authenticity check, these pics could very well have been stolen from elsewhere. Is is user active? They could have done a dodgy... I dunno, I'm just skeptical and jealous lol! The Masterpiece Arts Cloud simply blows me away, plus the Sephiroth equal is just as epic!

I plan to soon upload pics of my gear :D all boxed up besides the best bits ;)

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
Channizard, you honestly make me hurt lol!!

latest

A few points:
These "custom statues" of "Sephiroth's Victory" and Aeris & cloud on the alter. Just wow!!! How in the world did these two pieces come into existence??!!

I got a guy. The Sephiroth's Victory he had done years ago and sold it on ebay for 300 bucks. And it's funny because I remember being 15 or so, seeing it and being like "Oh golly gee that is just the neatest thing" but I was still fairly new to the merch world so I had no idea it was a one of a kind, and I figured "Oh it'll come up again."

I eventually managed to track him down by finding it on DA and asking if he'd be open to doing another for me and he did. He charged me a bit more for it, at the time since he wasn't pro into the commission world, but not by much, and that was in 2009 or so.

I approached him again then a couple years later to do another, the Forgotten City scene and he did, but he'd been more into the biz at that time and charged me three times as much. :closedmonster: I mean, the quality, size, detail has gone up dramatically, so I don't regret it at all and I love them both. <3

I will feel extremely accomplished once I eventually obtain the "Holy Grail" being the Sculpture Arts of Aeris on the alter, super amped to ever see it in a picture that isn't the "standard" pics you see on ebay.

Yeah with that I got extremely lucky. I had tracked it down through several merch sites and finally found it on one for 200$. I used some of my tax refund money that I just got, otherwise I may not have been able to get it, but I had no idea that the Sculpture Arts would go up so much since then. D:

What is the beautiful timber box that sits open next to the Kotobukiya Aeris?

THAT is the holy grail.

It's an Aerith music box, original movement in a knock off box... long story short, Sankyo meant to make 100 or 1000 of them, numbers are never really confirmed but Square didn't officially approve it so it came off the market. You'd see some numbered originals but there's been one seller on ebay who releases a couple every year or so for a few thousands dollars. I got mine at a decent price 5 years ago before the inflation went out of control. and probably even more so now that the remake is about. :closedmonster:

I'm super jealous to see the battle statue of Sephiroth and Cloud (where cloud is going for the over head swing). I got screwed a few years back by a seller on ebay, I got scammed for it but paypal got my money back... It's a bitter sweet feeling seeing it! Can you elaborate on how you came to obtain that piece please?

Yeah the big ticket items you have to be careful with people on ebay because you take a risk getting scammed, but at least paypal is reliable and safe.

I used a middleman service to purchase it from Yahoo!Japan, basically a japanese ebay. You can get a lot of the hard to get stuff reasonably priced (or find it at all, such as that statue lol) and you just pay for double shipping and a percentage fee. It's great. It's how I also got my Amano print for couple hundred bucks. The statue is missing the little CLOUD vs SEPHIROTH plaque it comes with but I don't mind.

I love all the materia plaques you've got too, what's the story with them?

Those are actually a decent price and fanmade off someone from etsy. I'd been following them for a while but eventually encountered them at a convention 2 years ago so I bought them on the spot. They don't seem to have them listed but that's definitely them.

I've been thinking of late, if I should start trying to buy each of the Kotobukiya models of the characters or not... it's either all or none, you know what I mean?

Yeah I hear ya. Go big or go home... The Kotobukiya's are really nice though, reasonably priced and easy to get a hold of, so they're a worthy investment.

Avalanche87

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Bakito/Marak/DJMarak
Ok seriously, you are seriously killing me!!!

You're telling me, you obtained the beautiful Aeris alter Sculpture Arts statue for 1/8 of what I'm prospectively trying to buy it for! I can't say how much that hurts!!!

The Aeris Theme there.... my wife heard it playing from the other room, came & gave me a hug because she knows that song sets me off lol (because I cry like a little biatch in FFVII:AC in a few spots, yeah, I'll admit it! :P )..... That is seriously off the HOOK!!!!! How in the world did you snap that up when it was "unofficial" and in such small numbers?! I remember seeing one on ebay years ago for over $30,000 AUD!!!!

Would you be so kind as to share info about this "middle man" service? Maybe if you PM'ed me or something please? If I had a better chance to get some niche items, I'll pay for it lol! Again, provided they are real >_< Yeah I was very lucky with paypal!

Thanks heaps for your reply. I thought I was almost accomplished to a satisfactory level, yet, the bar has just been set a few thousand dollars higher lol!

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
Soooo.... uuummm.... THIS HAPPENED!!!!

Ouch >_< But awesome! And they deliver to Aus? xD

Ok seriously, you are seriously killing me!!!

You're telling me, you obtained the beautiful Aeris alter Sculpture Arts statue for 1/8 of what I'm prospectively trying to buy it for! I can't say how much that hurts!!!

I got REALLY lucky when that happened, I was scouring all the action figure/toy websites and eventually found one in stock.

The Aeris Theme there.... my wife heard it playing from the other room, came & gave me a hug because she knows that song sets me off lol (because I cry like a little biatch in FFVII:AC in a few spots, yeah, I'll admit it! :P )..... That is seriously off the HOOK!!!!! How in the world did you snap that up when it was "unofficial" and in such small numbers?! I remember seeing one on ebay years ago for over $30,000 AUD!!!!

Well I still paid 2K for it nearly 5 years ago now.. (which is decent compared to what they go for :closedmonster: ).. from what I gather, there's one guy who maybe worked for Sankyo because he has a few left over movements and he places them in other boxes, some similar enough but they're not numbered and don't look like the "official" one.. but the music is the same and that's all that matters. You'll see him bring one out every 6 months or so on ebay, and I think right now he sells them for about 4500 US.

Would you be so kind as to share info about this "middle man" service? Maybe if you PM'ed me or something please? If I had a better chance to get some niche items, I'll pay for it lol! Again, provided they are real >_< Yeah I was very lucky with paypal!

Thanks heaps for your reply. I thought I was almost accomplished to a satisfactory level, yet, the bar has just been set a few thousand dollars higher lol!

Yes, and sorry for the delayed reply! I checked this thread from my phone once which marked it as unread and I forgot to reply. ;-;

I have this bookmarked - which is searching 'Final Fantasy' on YahooJapan so that brings up anything.. figures, books, etc..

And then I used a middle man service, Celga .. after signing up, if you see something you like you fill out a form indicating either your max bidding or BIN price if available and then they'll email you once they've confirmed receipt/bidding... You pay for half of what you're bidding up front to secure your bid and then the second half once they've received it in their shop. And then they'll hold onto your stuff for... months, you can order multiple things and they'll store it to save on shipping costs to you... until you're ready to have it shipped home, then you ask for a quote on shipping and it's usually by EMS which is always fast.

Oh, and you can use them for buying off websites too, like SE's Japan store for exclusives, or CD Japan, etc..

And then, of course they charge you a fee per item but it's usually a small percentage of the price, depending.

Vito

Lv. 25 Adventurer
Some collections are simply wonderful.

I don't think I should post a picture of my "collection" since I'm not really a hardcore collector anymore, I just have FFVII, ACC, CC, DC, Dissidia 012 and a complete Sephiroth Play Arts figure that got for less than 20 dollars.

Avalanche87

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Bakito/Marak/DJMarak
Channy, yes ouch, buuuuuut I've been trying to go for this statue for YEARS!!!! I was actually reading another thread talking about the Chinese knock off models, that took me to the American Ebay.... so I thought... hey, I'll plug in the statue and see if anything pings... sure enough!!! So I messaged the seller, pleading my case and requesting they reconsider the international postage, they warned it would be expensive but I didn't care (lol) and won!!!!!!

So now I'm going to post up my 3 display cabinets which doesn't hold all my collection, but they are pretty full so I just need about another 5 cabinets!!!

Pretty amazing what you said about the music boxes... just amazing!!!!

I will go through your links once I have some time, I'm pretty exhausted from work right now & can't really concentrate.

Here we go!!!!

bbrVyJ8

MxB8OUH

VGcuFHt

R6ek6u1

*hate these tag code things I can't get right... how do I get the actual picture to show up instead of the URL?? Thanks anyone*
*Trying the img in the square brackets without the spaces didn't work, it actually all disappeared & now using the "attach button" is showing the broken page image... wth? why does it hate me?*

Last edited:

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Use img tags on each end of the URL. [ Img ] with no spaces at the beginning and [/ img ] with no spaces at the end.

There is also a button that will do this for you. Just click it and paste in the URL. :)

AvecAloes

Donator
Also, Avalanche, when I try to view those links, it tells me I don't have permission. Your Facebook privacy settings are probably causing that.

Top Bottom