FF Couple Tournament Round 3: Zack/Aerith vs Zidane/Garnet

Zerith was a "chaste love" anyway, while I guarantee you Zidane and Garnet were bumping na

• Zack/Aerith(Zerith)

Votes: 8 26.7%
  • Zidane/Garnet

Votes: 22 73.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Splintered

unsavory tart
There are only two couples I would put above Cloti, one is Zerith and the other is Garnet/Zidane. Damnit. They met each other too early DDDD:

Kermitu Kleric Katie

KULT OF KERMITU
Aerith tried to move on. She was finally moving on and then her tragic death hit. But yeah, Zidane and Garnet got their happy ending. And the "Ooh, soft..." scene.:monster:

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
Again couples meeting too soon, this could've been a potential final round.

because I'm still bitter about Zerith beating Fanille.

If you had paired the couples differently good and popular couples like Fanille and Clerith would still be in the competition.

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
I like both couples, but Zidane/Garnet hold a special place in my heart, so I have to go with them. Zerith are obviously a cute couple and only really shipped them in CC. However, Zidane and Garnet have that obvious "will they, won't they?" story that reminds me of Ross and Rachel from Friends.

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
Sorry Zerith, but Zidane/Garnet are quite possibly the best romance in the entire series.

Kermitu Kleric Katie

KULT OF KERMITU
At this point we're far enough in the tournament that the only pairings still in the running are good and popular ones anyway.:monster:

And I'm going to have to disagree with clerith being a good pairing. A good portion of it's shippers have ruined any enjoyment I could have ever gotten from that pairing.

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
How objectively good a pairing is has nothing to do with the actions of its shippers. I agree the most vocal minority of the shippers are annoying, but they are only a vocal minority. Most Clerith shippers are a lot more like Maidenofwar.

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
I doubtAnd I'm going to have to disagree with clerith being a good pairing. A good portion of it's shippers have ruined any enjoyment I could have ever gotten from that pairing.

Since when is the tournament about which couple has the better fanbase? If we were going by that then Cloti should've been eliminated on the first round, it has a significantly high amount of notoriously bad shippers. Honestly I'm not a fan of Clerith at all, I never liked those two together but they're a very popular couple and objectively speaking a good one, they shouldn't have been thrown under the bus in the first round against Cloti.

At this point we're far enough in the tournament that the only pairings still in the running are good and popular ones anyway.:monster:

I doubt Cid/Hildegarde, Rasler/Ashe or Tseng/Elena are nearly as popular as Fanille and Clerith.

laurence

Pro Adventurer
Zack is a much more intriguing partner for Aerith than Cloud. That said I much prefer Zidane's dallying and relation with Garnet.

Kittie

General Eccentric
AKA
The Iron Witch
As much as I like Zack/Aerith, and that's a lot, Zidane/Garnet still have my vote. Looking at it objectively, they're undoubtedly my favorite couple in the series. I just love the development of their relationship, and how it progresses through the game. Now that I'm actually thinking about it, I've probably been more invested in seeing them finally get together, than I've ever been with any other couple in gaming. They are quite an amazing pair.

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi
I thought this poll would be dominated by people with terrible taste.

Thank god Zidane/Garnet are in the lead.

Farron

If the sky comes falling down
AKA
Hallelujah
Zidane/ Garnet

Because Zerith while being cute, Zid x Dagger just feels a little more deeper. And dat ending.

AvecAloes

Donator
I honestly think that Zack and Aerith make a stupidly cute couple in CC, but I have to give it to Zidane and Garnet.

I Am Not Me

The Mean Clack
AKA
Mei, Koibito, Stalker, Little Dude, Nami
I had a hard time choosing, but I ended up voting for Zerith because... Zerith is losing. :wacky:

I don't look at as much fanart for Zidane/Garnet as I do for Zerith so I probably like Zerith more, I guess. Even though I like Zidane/Garnet too. I just love Aerith and Zack as individual characters more, I guess.

I don't know. :sadpanda:

Top Bottom