FF Inn Tournament Nomination Thread.

Ghost X

If people are interested in discussing which Inn is the best in FF, here's your chance to nominate your favourites, so they can participate in a tournament. My definition of Inn is rather loose, it can be a place where the party sleeps. Doesn't have to be an actual Inn.

So yeah, I'll need 8, 16, 32, or 64 Inns (or more... please, no more), and we can have many rounds of Inn offs, or a few, or none. Feel free to say it is a shit idea :awesome:. Also nominate only those you really like. I'll start with some of my FFVII favourites, but it can be from any FF.

Nominations so far:

1) Kalm (FFVII).
2) Forgotten Capital (FFVII).
3) Costa Del Sol (FFVII).
4) Icicle Inn (FFVII).
5) Wutai (FFVII).
6) Wall Market (FFVII)
7) Honey Bee Inn (FFVII)
8) Balamb (FFVIII)
9) Nibelheim Inn (FFVII)
10) Baron Inn (FFIV)
11) Mysidia Inn (FFIV)
12) Mi'ihen Highroad Rin's Travel Agency Branch (FFX)
13) Thunder Plains Rin's Travel Agency Branch (FFX)
14) Besaid Crusader's Lodge (FFX)
15) Lindblum Inn (FFIX)
16) Dollett Inn (FFVIII)
17) Fisherman's Horizon (FFVIII)
18) South Figaro (FFVI)
19) Timber Hotel (FFVIII)
20) Galbadia Hotel (FFVIII)
21) Zell's Room (FFVIII)
22) Dali Inn (FFIX)
23) Ghost Square (FFVII)
24) Lix Inn (FFV)
25) Cornelia Inn (FFI)
26) Poft Inn (FFII)
27) Ur Inn (FFIII)
28) Skyferry (FFXII)
29) Moghouse (FFXI)
30) The King's bed in Fabul (FFIV)
31) Treno Pub (FFIX)
32) Kazus inn (FFIII)

Last edited:
My favourite inn is the one in Wall Market. It's so seedy. And it has a dispensing machine. I have always loved the immense detail that went into those FFVII inns - the green and pink sinks, toilets and bathtubs, the shower curtains, the rag rugs, the lovingly crafted rolls of toilet paper. They feel like real inns, and as with everything in FFVII, I always get the sense that life is going on all around our party; that other people come and go and stay in these inns, take showers, hang out at the bar, and so on....

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
Does the Honey Bee Inn count? If so it gets my nomination. Sure its sleazy but its LGBT friendly and thats a huge plus!

Edit also I want to nominate the inn in Balamb in FFVIII I'd love to stay there and get a lungful of sea breeze.

Just LOOK at it!
Balamb-Hotel-ffviii-room.png

jazzflower92

Pro Adventurer
AKA
The Girl With A Strong Opinion
Costa Del Sol all the way which in my opinion has a great beach and fabulous sunny weather.

Marcus

Consumed By Darkness
Hmmm Rins Travel agency is perhaps my favourite both the ones at the Mihen Highroad and Thunder Plains, but that's purely down to the cutscenes at those specific areas.

Could the crusaders lodge at Besaid also count?

And a few other places I quite like are the inns at Lindblum, Fishermans Horizon and Dollett

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
What will the voting criterion/criteria be this time? With the militaries, it was pretty straightforward - "who would win?" - but I'm not sure what we'll be debating this time around.

Jiro

Average Jiro
I guess I'll nominate the South Figaro Inn from FFVI.

Was just gonna suggest this. Despite the prominence and importance of Inns in the early games, it's not until we hit 3D that they really start to take on a lot of character.

I don't know if it counts, but the top of the tower in Zozo (VI) would be neat. How soothing would that constant rain be!?

Timber Hotel (VIII)
Galbadia Hotel (VIII)
Zell's Room (VIII)
Dali Inn (IX)

Probably lots more good ones but that'll do my poor brain for now.

Ghost X

What will the voting criterion/criteria be this time? With the militaries, it was pretty straightforward - "who would win?" - but I'm not sure what we'll be debating this time around.

Well, I guess, just like with the militaries, we could argue based on why one Inn's assets makes it better than the other Inn =p. Think of things like rooms available, interior decoration, or quality of service, if you really want to go that far! Of course, this discussion will likely be even more biased than the military one, since some people like ocean views more than access to snow fields, or whatever :wacky:.

Teioh

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Teiocho
I'd like to nominate the Gold Saucer's haunted house please. It's memorable for various reasons.

Edit: Is the inn called Ghost Square or is that just the area name? Eh, it'll always be the haunted house to me.

Clement Rage

Pro Adventurer
Galbadia Hotel. They have a lounge pianist.

Most of the FF8 hotels have a little more effort put into their design than the other games, they're a lot more distinctive generally.

Drax

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Benoist; Captain Highwind
Ghost Square really made me want to explore it. Such a tease it was.

Kermitu Kleric Katie

KULT OF KERMITU
Since none of the inns from the first 3 FFs have been nominated, Imma nominate some, Cornelia inn from FFI, for being the cheapest inn in the game, Poft inn from FFII, for having Cid, and Ur inn from FFIII, for being free.
EDIT: Also, Skyferry from FFXII.

null

Mr. Thou
AKA
null
This one might be even harder than the military tournament. FF7 alone has several elite contenders. :O

Ghost X

Okay, I'll wait til your ship tournament finishes, before I start this one, Vaan. Using random.org, here is a preview of the first round.

1. Galbadia Hotel (FFVIII) VS Mi'ihen Highroad Rin's Travel Agency Branch (FFX)
2. Honey Bee Inn (FFVII) VS Lix Inn (FFV)
3. Wall Market (FFVII) VS Moghouse (FFXI)
4. Fisherman's Horizon (FFVIII) VS Kazus inn (FFIII)
5. Baron Inn (FFIV) VS Forgotten Capital (FFVII)
6. Treno Pub (FFIX) VS Costa Del Sol (FFVII)
7. Balamb (FFVIII) VS Besaid Crusader's Lodge (FFX)
8. Dollett Inn (FFVIII) VS Cornelia Inn (FFI)
9. The King's bed in Fabul (FFIV) VS Kalm (FFVII)
10. Mysidia Inn (FFIV) VS Skyferry (FFXII)
11. Zell's Room (FFVIII) VS Timber Hotel (FFVIII)
12. Wutai (FFVII) VS Icicle Inn (FFVII)
13. Poft Inn (FFII) VS Lindblum Inn (FFIX)
14. Ur Inn (FFIII) VS Dali Inn (FFIX)
15. South Figaro (FFVI) VS Ghost Square (FFVII)
16. Nibelheim Inn (FFVII) VS Thunder Plains Rin's Travel Agency Branch (FFX)

If one has any issues with the matches, now's the time to say :awesome:.

Top Bottom