FF Newbie Plays Crisis Core

• Thread starter Deleted member 13557
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 13557

With many thanks to Mako, I've managed to get Crisis Core working on my laptop. Let's go!

As I'm sure I'm going to say whenever I dive into any FF game, I'm incredibly excited. If you followed my FF7 thread you most likely have an idea of how much of an effect it had on me, quickly becoming my new favourite game, no question. Getting some backstory on Zack is going to be a great time.

Given how I got the flashback scene at Shinra Mansion after the lifestream sequence, I'm pretty sure how this game is gonna end. I have a funny feeling that it's about to rip my heart out.

So, same deal as the FF7 thread. Live/semi-live reactions, and then once I finish I'll provide you all with industrial grade umbrellas to deal with the myriad of oncoming questions. Yes, they're probably going to be mostly Jenova related.

I'll get to this later on today.

Last edited by a moderator:

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
ddz16ly-b87c3cac-e6a9-4eb7-9d4f-2717d1184594.png

Can't wait to hear this :monster:

This will be fun! </Loz>

Stiggie

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Stiggie
I hope you'll enjoy it,

While I always liked FFVII, it wasn't until Crisis Core that I put it into my top three of all time, and even though I prefer FFIX, part of me painfully has to admit FFVII might be better, and it's because of CC, and especially Zack.

His character growth is just amazing to me, from being a bit annoying at first, to becoming my all time favorite gaming protagonist. CC just makes FFVII hit soo much harder for me, especially with Aerith.

D

Deleted member 13557

I hope you'll enjoy it,

While I always liked FFVII, it wasn't until Crisis Core that I put it into my top three of all time, and even though I prefer FFIX, part of me painfully has to admit FFVII might be better, and it's because of CC, and especially Zack.

His character growth is just amazing to me, from being a bit annoying at first, to becoming my all time favorite gaming protagonist. CC just makes FFVII hit soo much harder for me, especially with Aerith.
Once I beat this I'll replay FF7 and I'll watch AC again.

If this somehow makes FF7 better for me I'll laugh my ass off.

Torrie

astray ay-ay-ay
I have a funny feeling that it's about to rip my heart out.
Crisis Core is a funny game in general, meaning players either love it or hate it, there's hardly ever any in-between. I hadn't played it until last year, but CC quickly became one of my fave compilation titles. By the way, are you going to play the English dub or the JP/EN undub version?

D

Deleted member 13557

Crisis Core is a funny game in general, meaning players either love it or hate it, there's hardly ever any in-between. I hadn't played it until last year, but CC quickly became one of my fave compilation titles. By the way, are you going to play the English dub or the JP/EN undub version?
English dub

D

Deleted member 13557

Nevermind, it's subtitles.

Regardless, I already love Zack, and I like how you don't start out as a 1st class SOLDIER and you don't start out with the buster sword. You pretty much know what you're working towards. I kinda hope that the buster sword is OP as fuck.

New character already? Looks a lot like Zack, this Angeal guy.

Combat is gonna take some getting used to but I definitely don't hate it.

Also, Wutai! FF7 mentioned the Wutai war but never went into much detail. Wonder if this is it, and I wonder if I'll see Yuffie lol.

Stiggie

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Stiggie
Nevermind, it's subtitles.

Regardless, I already love Zack, and I like how you don't start out as a 1st class SOLDIER and you don't start out with the buster sword. You pretty much know what you're working towards. I kinda hope that the buster sword is OP as fuck.

New character already? Looks a lot like Zack, this Angeal guy.

Combat is gonna take some getting used to but I definitely don't hate it.
Some people dislike the combat, I really liked it. How come you don't have the english version? I don't know if the Japanese version is good, it might be, but I know how iconically great the english version is.

Concerning making FFVII better, you could go either way, there are some unnecessary plot things thrown in that honestly add nothing, but it makes you appreciate and understand all the characters so much more that it allows you to play FFVII with just an entire host of emotional bagage. It really got me much more emotionally involved. While originally I never really got emotionally involved until halfway through disc 2, now I just start sobbing from the start XD

D

Deleted member 13557

Yeah, the combat is already growing on me.

It was all a simulation, ha, nice. Saw Sephiroth and was like shit, even when he was a good guy he'd try to shish kebab you.

Phil Collins has gone AWOL

Torrie

astray ay-ay-ay
How come you don't have the english version? I don't know if the Japanese version is good, it might be, but I know how iconically great the english version is.
The English version may be iconic, but I started off with the so called undub version where basically you have the entire game in English, but whenever there is audio/video with voice acting, English is replaced with Japanese, with the subtitles still on. And after watching some cutscenes in English, I realised how cringeworthy some of the voice acting sounds :mon:

D

Deleted member 13557

I mean I'll eventually watch an English dub playthrough, after I finish the game myself, of course.

Stiggie

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Stiggie
The English version may be iconic, but I started off with the so called undub version where basically you have the entire game in English, but whenever there is audio/video with voice acting, English is replaced with Japanese, with the subtitles still on. And after watching some cutscenes in English, I realised how cringeworthy some of the voice acting sounds :mon:

Well, to be honest, I am mostly just thinking about Zacks speeches, which are honestly engraved in my heart XD

But then I remember Genesis' speeches and yeah, those I can imagine being less cringy when you hear it in a different language. You tend to be more forgiving when you don't know the language I've noticed XD

JBedford

Pro Adventurer
AKA
JBed
It's weird how as technology changes, it's retroactively added into FFVII. So they have cell phones now in Crisis Core? Could have used that technology back in 1997 in the OG.
They had cellphones in FFVII. They call it PHS. The party use it to keep in contact when they split up, because only two people accompany Cloud to most places. Cloud calls the other party members in the story (such as Cosmo Canyon on Disc 2), and Cait calls Cloud on a few occassions if he's not in the party (also Cait himself is a cellphone).

Stiggie

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Stiggie
They had cellphones in FFVII. They call it PHS. The party use it to keep in contact when they split up, because only two people accompany Cloud to most places. Cloud calls the other party members in the story (such as Cosmo Canyon on Disc 2), and Cait calls Cloud on a few occassions if he's not in the party (also Cait himself is a cellphone).
Fair enough, I remembered there was some radio communication, but didn't really see the phs as a cellphones system.

I am sure that the monitors in shinra HQ are a lot flatter these days :P

Top Bottom