• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

FF Newbie Starting FF7 original

• Thread starter Deleted member 13557
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 13557

You're not, it's a lot, lol.

Not really part of their spirit energy, no. It's just in their bodies and Jenova is able to dominate the will of anyone without a strong sense of self. This is why members for SOLDIER basically have to pass psych evals, and Cloud didn't. Because if they weren't strong enough, Jenova would take over/drive them crazy. So Hojo's cloning experiment was just sticking Jenova cells in people who were not prepared for it (and had just gone through a huge traumatic experience to boot) to see what happened.

And I don't think the Lifestream had anything to do with Sephiroth's ability to control people. He simply dominated Jenova and so could in turn use her own ability to "communicate" amongst her cells.
So the Jenova cells aren't in their spirit energy, but killing those who have been a part of the Jenova project will release them regardless. The releasing of these cells leads to the reunion, which creates a being a la Jenova birth, life, death, etc. Am I on the right track?

That last paragraph actually makes a lot of sense.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Also, Lifestream gives Sephiroth power because he absorbs it. He spirit energy. Raw magical power. Sephiroth has the ability to harness that raw energy to empower himself and become even stronger. It's like a rechargable battery sucking juice to further increase it's power reserves.

So the Jenova cells aren't in their spirit energy, but

Well actually... :monster:

...Nevermind... That's for another story.

For now, all you need to know is that Jenova cells give Sephiroth the ability to regenerate his damaged body thanks to the Reunion instinct Jenova utilizes. By killing those Sephiroth Copies, Sephiroth (or rather, Jenova that was in Sephiroth's shape) was able to use those dead Sephiroth Copies Jenova cells to further regenerate Sephiroth himself.

Because keep in mind, the Sephiroth you saw in the Mako Crystal in the Northern Crater was missing it's lower half. Safer Sephiroth had no legs, just wings. This is because when he fell into the mako in the Nibelheim Reactor, his body was destroyed while sunk and carried off into the Lifestream. Safer Sephiroth was the new form he gave himself upon regeneration and empowerment from the Lifestream and Jenova's Reunion.

After Sephiroth's first defeat during the Nibelheim Incident, Sephiroth was dead for a time but slowly regenerated his body and essentially willed himself to life thanks to his powerful spirit and Jenova's cells having incredible regenerative properties.

Fangu

Great Old One
Yessir. You can cast the All'd spell a number of times in one battle equal to the level of the All materia itself (the number of filled-in stars when you look at it in the materia screen). So with one star, you can cast one lightning spell to all targets in a given battle.
The fuck, THAT'S how this works??!

I've played this game at least three times...........

Erotic Materia

[CONFUSED SCREAMING]
FF7 along with the compilation is something I’ve never 100% grasped. But I think that’s what keeps me coming back to it. I feel like everytime I revisit it, I uncover something new. And the remake has multiplied that exponentially. It’s a very exciting time to be a FF7 fan. I’m enjoying the ride.
Funny you mention that, I have the same thing happen all the time! Like, while I was typing up my last post, I was thinking, "Why didn't Tifa die/get mako poisoning in the lifestream? She doesn't have any Jenova cells to protect her"

LivingLegacy

Pro Adventurer
Funny you mention that, I have the same thing happen all the time! Like, while I was typing up my last post, I was thinking, "Why didn't Tifa die/get mako poisoning in the lifestream? She doesn't have any Jenova cells to protect her"
Right? I’ve never thought about that either. Or why everything was all black for her initially.

Just from reading through these posts, I got to thinking - what caused the lifestream to burst from the ground and stop meteor at the end? Was it the will of the planet itself, or aerith exerting some kind of power over the planet? As a kid, I thought It was aerith because it shows her face at the end. But over the years as I’ve grown to understand the planet more, such as it creating the weapons to protect itself, I’m not so sure.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Aerith did that. She rallied the Lifestream to help stop Meteor.

The reason Tifa didn't get mako poisoning in the Lifestream is nothing short of a miracle. Sometimes, the spirits in the lifestream can be helpful, and other times they can give no fucks. Her strong feelings for Cloud may have helped her latch to his consciousness and not get pulled away into the flow, but ultimately one can only think that the Lifestream really tried to help those two.

LivingLegacy

Pro Adventurer
Aerith did that. She rallied the Lifestream to help stop Meteor.

The reason Tifa didn't get mako poisoning in the Lifestream is nothing short of a miracle. Sometimes, the spirits in the lifestream can be helpful, and other times they can give no fucks. Her strong feelings for Cloud may have helped her latch to his consciousness and not get pulled away into the flow, but ultimately one can only think that the Lifestream really tried to help those two.

Was aerith rallying the lifestream specifically mentioned somewhere in the compilation or an ultimania that I’ve missed? Or are you thinking that’s the likely implication being made at the end with it showing aeriths face?

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
It was confirmed in the FFVII Ultimania and every other Compilation Ultimania that talks about how Meteorfall was averted. Aerith rallied the Lifestream to assist Holy in stopping Meteor from colliding with the Planet. Had she not done that, Meteor would have collided with the Planet and everyone would be dead.

I mean, that's why you see Aerith's face during the ending as the Lifestream destroys Meteor with Holy :monster:

LivingLegacy

Pro Adventurer
It was confirmed in the FFVII Ultimania and every other Compilation Ultimania that talks about how Meteorfall was averted. Aerith rallied the Lifestream to assist Holy in stopping Meteor from colliding with the Planet. Had she not done that, Meteor would have collided with the Planet and everyone would be dead.

I mean, that's why you see Aerith's face during the ending as the Lifestream destroys Meteor with Holy :monster:
Gotcha. I’ve never read the ultimanias. I’ve played FF7, remake, and seen AC. seen bits and pieces of dirge and CC. I couldn’t ever remember it specifically being addressed in any of them other than the implication of it at end of FF7. That’s good to know.

D

Deleted member 13557

So, after I play through FF7 again to 100% it, is it AC next? I'm aware of CC and DoC but a) I don't have a PSP or a PS2 and b) I have pretty shitty broadband so emulating them would be an issue. Might just watch walkthroughs.

I'll pick up the remake eventually and if there's any other FF7 media let me know

ForceStealer

Double Growth
lol, well your little thread here has inspired another one with just that conversation.

The general consensus seems to be playing them in release order (so ACC next - only watch the "Complete" version). The novella "On the Way to A Smile" does improve the movie though, imo. You can buy the official English publication online or read/listen to fan translations and audiobooks on our home page.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
OH THAT'S THE QUESTION, ISN'T IT!? :awesome:

Personally, and this is just my opinion, I think yes. You should watch Advent Children Complete once you're done with FFVII. Then read On the Way to a Smile, which just so happens to be on TLS's site, via audiobook and translations!!!! You can read OTWTAS first if you really wanna get into the mood of seeing what happened after the game, and then move to the film, but either order works. They work with each other.

Then from ACC and reading OTWTAS, you would play Dirge of Cerberus which takes place one year after AC and follows Vincent Valentine resolving some... Issues he has regarding his past.

And then from there, you go all the way back to Crisis Core to learn more about a certain SOLDIER 1st Class who made quite the impression on Cloud, you could say.

Oh, and the FFVII Side Story: The Kids Are Alright is something you should read too. Loved that one.

Before Crisis is just lol. That's on youtube to watch if you wanna see it, but it's pretty interesting if you wanna see an old-school cell phone game and how the Turks had to deal with the first AVALANCHE. What's interesting about that game is how it sets up certain characters that show up in other games like DC and CC.

Then you play Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2 to see how Cloud and Sephiroth ended up in Smash Ultimate. :monster:

LivingLegacy

Pro Adventurer
I’m hoping CC comes to the PlayStation store eventually. I’ve tried to watch playthroughs but I always find myself frustrated and wanting to control the character myself so I can go at my own pace and examine stuff to my liking. I’ve never finished watching it.

That would be a nice thing to add while we are waiting for Remake part 2 to come out. I’ve always wanted to play it.

Erotic Materia

[CONFUSED SCREAMING]
tenor.gif

D

Deleted member 13557

Just out of interest, how did some of you initially find out about FF7 or FF in general?

As (most likely) a younger user here, I found out about FF7 through a guy on YT called Maximilian Dood, who cited it as his favourite game of all time.

Top Bottom