FF Novice Plays FF IX

• Thread starter Deleted member 13557
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 13557

After falling in love with Final Fantasy 7, having mixed/negative feelings on CC and DoC, quite enjoying remake, and finding a guilty pleasure in AC, I am more or less done with the compilation of FF7; somehow with my sanity in tact.

So, time to tackle the rest. I plan to play FF I, all the way up to FF XV, one way or another. Given my track record of (apparently) beating these things pretty quick, I'll probably nearly be done by the time FF XVI comes out. Okay, maybe that's wishful thinking, but I'll most likely be at a respectful point in the series come the release of the latest installment.

I'll be abandoning the live/semi-live reactions entirely going forward, unless if I'm incredibly stuck and I need a safe place to find help without the fear of spoilers.

The primary reason for this thread is for anyone interested to share tips that may prove useful before I dive in, and for me to later discuss my thoughts on the game.

Just no story spoilers, m'kay. Anything else is fair game.

D

Deleted member 13557

I think I'll do... occasional updates? That might be the way to go. Doesn't make feel like I have to document everything, I guess.

The main menu music rules
Jumped rope 100 times lmao.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
And a little ghost weirdo.

giphy-downsized-medium.gif

Stiggie

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Stiggie
Love this game already :)
Nice new avatar, I instantly fell in love because of that shot when I was young.

Ps. Did you manage to impress all 100 nobles? Doing so gets you a moonstone accessory, there are only 4 of those in the game. (and 10.000 gil).

Also, hope you remembered which Knight of Pluto has which specialty, they'll ask you about it 30 hours from now XD

D

Deleted member 13557

Lex

Administrator
IX is a really good place to get into the series as a whole I think. It's (IMO) the best of all the classic FF's, aside from the slow AF combat. Though that's one of the reasons it's a good place to start, because everything else feels pretty snappy afterward :monster:

D

Deleted member 13557

It's (IMO) the best of all the classic FF's, aside from the slow AF combat.
Yeah, the combat does feel a tad bit slow, even compared to FF7. Defeating enemies isn't as satisfying as it is in FF7 either imo, but I like it regardless. The abilities seem pretty cool so far and honestly, this cast is pretty fantastic.

Sprites

Waiting for something
AKA
Gems
IX and IV are my favourites. IX is so good to start with, great storyline, music and really lovely throwback to the nes and snes era roles of characters.

Plus its got throwback references to the older FFs, coming out of everywhere!

Lots of fun sidequests as well, honestly the game is loaded with content!

And its got some of the most beautiful cgi for the playstation era i've ever seen. I spent many a time when it was first released resetting the game constantly just to watch certain custcenes.

I really hope you enjoy your experience and playthrough of the game! If you need help we'll all be happy to provide it!

One tip I have is try to have Zidane steal from the bosses and some normal enemies as much as you can some of them carry some stonger weapons and armor and accessories early which can also provide earlier access to some abilities, not strictly necessary but very useful all the same. The steal rate is a bit screwed up though so you may need several attempts in some cases but every successful steal boosts one of his later abilities.

Last edited:
Top Bottom