FF Novice Plays FF IX

• Thread starter Deleted member 13557
  • Start date

ForceStealer

Double Growth
I've never been wild about Quina. Storywise they kinda suck the wind out of more dramatic scenes, Zidane doesn't even seem to want Quina around most of the time, lol.

Gameplay-wise, typical blue mage. A pain to put work into making better, but if you do they're usually OP. I don't generally love blue mages though, so that works against Quina for me.

D

Deleted member 13557

That... Thing... Is hilarious.
Exactly!
Though battle-wise, yeah, not my favorite, but I found one of the skills
Neither. Blue mages aren't typically my bag, but there's something I like about Quina. I guess it's how drastically different s/he is from the rest of the party? Or maybe the fact s/he attacks with a massive fork, which I find hilarious. Even down to the design, which I love.

Stiggie

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Stiggie
Anyone here like Quina? Quina is a character who I feel like I should dislike, but I actually kinda enjoy lol

I feel like the fact that the music in Qu's Marsh is great helps. Been catching loads of frogs simply because I like the music so much

I like Quina, because he's just chilling, bobbing and weaving his way through the story, doing his own thing, he's like the hobbits in Lord of the Rings, he helps you remember and appreciate the simple things, what it's all for you know.

The black mage not understanding the concept of death was both adorable and really sad
Yeah, that whole thing is rather depressing, but luckily, we have Quina to offset the big sad :D

Eiko seems cool.
Using a flute as a weapon seems interesting, lol
Oh, that means you've probably fought Hilgigas now, did you steal the flute? Don't worry, you have a healty 1 in 256 chance of doing so.

Sprites

Waiting for something
AKA
Gems
Ahh yeah your coming up to some good story content, I mean the whole story is good anyways but this is one of my favourite parts for content.

Small tip for the Sanctuary/Iifa Tree, you'll face undead monsters in that area, they're very weak against fire spells and the cure spells. I think they can also be insta killed with the life spell too.

Also if you have a Phoenix Pinion in your inventory, equip Eiko with this to learn the Phoenix Summon, shes the only character who can equip a Phoenix Pinion, so you might not be aware this can be done with this item, so equip it once she's finished learning Fenrir, Phoenix uses fire magic and revives dead party members.

If Eiko's in your party and the party gets wiped out in a battle depending on how many phoenix pinions are in your inventory gives a chance of it also being autosummoned and reviving you. There aren't really many moments where you're in danger of a party wipe out in the game but its good to know all the same.

Last edited:

Sprites

Waiting for something
AKA
Gems
So Brahne isn't Daggers mother.

Part of me had a sneaking suspicion.

Adoring this game so far. Just want to put that out there.

Aye, one look at Brahne would have made you go originally; geeze either Garnet's adopted or she gets it all from her dad lol.

There's reason this game is one of my favourites, its just up there story wise and thematically its outstanding for an FF title.

"He's riding a silver dragon!"

That dragon is a bit too green to be silver

It is rather green isn't it? But I like to think its more meant to be lustrous in colour rather than silver and that it was made to look more organic and natural, it would probably a bit robotic and machine-like, if they'd done it more silver coloured in the game.

Stiggie

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Stiggie
Evil demon tree.
Neat.

Hope you threw a fire at him.

So, just encountered a friendly enemy, fed it ore.

Its music is still playing in the world map and during battles.

Uhh...

Edit: Fixed after a reboot. That was weird lol

Yeah, don't attack the friendly creatures, they're good boys with lots of AP.

So Brahne isn't Daggers mother.

Part of me had a sneaking suspicion.

Adoring this game so far. Just want to put that out there.

That's what everyone says.

"He's riding a silver dragon!"

That dragon is a bit too green to be silver

....That's what everyone says XD

Just fought a rooster lookin' dude

Seriously, throw a "soft" at those guys, it's hilarious.

Top Bottom