FF Novice Plays FF IX

• Thread starter Deleted member 13557
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 13557

Alright, I think I'm gonna progress a little bit in the story. Been finding a bunch of chocobo treasure (only seven left) and I've levelled up my team of Zidane, Vivi, Qunia and Dagger to a respectable point.

Eiko seems to be a better white mage than Dagger, but I always have a tendency to pick characters simply based on how much I like them in-story as opposed to how they actually play in games like this. Only exception to that rule right now is Qunia, who I do like, but not as much as Eiko. Primary reason why I have Qunia in my team is because of lvl 5 death farming, and also because having two white mages on my team doesn't seem like the best of ideas. Second playthrough line-up will probably be Zidane, Eiko, Steiner and... oh god, I need to pick between Vivi, Freya, Qunia and Amarant, ah! They're all at least pretty good.

This run isn't gonna be me trying to find and do everything, because I'm eager to complete the main story and see where everything goes from here. Everything will be done in due time.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sprites

Waiting for something
AKA
Gems
Eiko's role is mainly white mage with summoner back up if you need it whereas Garnet is Vice Versa lacks some of the more supportive white mage spells but trounces it in the summon department. I prefer Garnet because i'm a sucker for Eidolons and summons in general.

You can definitely do another playthrough and do more the next time.

What do you think Your next FF to tackle will be after IX?

D

Deleted member 13557

What do you think Your next FF to tackle will be after IX?

Either VIII or X, probably. I'll get the games I can play via PSN out of the way first, then I'll start emulating the rest.

You can definitely do another playthrough and do more the next time.
Trying to get as much done as possible during my initial run while playing these games just ends up with me feeling overwhelmed. Experiencing the story is top priority, then for my subsequent playthroughs I'll have a guide on hand, no fear of spoilers, so I can get all of the cool stuff :)

Pretty much what I did when I played FF VII.

Eiko's role is mainly white mage with summoner back up if you need
Yeah, I noticed a lack of summons on Eiko.

Last edited by a moderator:

Stiggie

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Stiggie
When I start emulating FF games, VI will be the first I go to, but I'll make IV the second!
Have you played Nier:Automata? If not, while not technically a FF game, I'd still recommend it. It's a part of an expansion for FFXIV so I say that counts.

Ps, we're about to "Enter Valhalla!" and start our final playthrough.

Maidenofwar

They/Them
Eiko/Vivi can be a fun duo using Carbuncle and Reflect x2 to bounce spells off your party while Eiko has Reflect Null for heals ?

Also I can't remember seeing it being mentioned sorry if it was and I didn't see it but a cool thing about Eiko is Phoenix, Carbuncle and Fenrir all have different summon variants, Phoenix and Fenrir have a variant each and Carbuncle gets three more! So it's kind of like nine summons kiiind of :pinkmonster:

Stiggie

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Stiggie
Fun fact that I only discovered on this last playthrough! In Memoria, you can make any party of 4 you like, including for the final battle! My endgame party was Dagger, Vivi, Steiner, and Freya.

Enjoy the finale! Parting is such sweet sorrow.
Really? That helps, I still need to do the femme fatale achievement, assumed you could only do it during the desert palace part.

So far, mine is Not Alone.

Currently in Memoria, which also has great music

Haha, damnit, then you have caught up, My mate was late so we had to end out session just before the boss :(

Top Bottom