• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

FF origins

Masamune85

Lv. 25 Adventurer
AKA
One winged angel
I just started a new game on FFII and I'm having make trouble. can anyone help?

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Jason Tandro, Doc Brown, Santa Christ, FearAddict, Thibault Stormrunner, RN: Micah Rodney
We actually just played this for the Lifestream Retrospective. Check out the Podcast for a lot of useful tips on playing the game: Here

(SPOILERS though, so be warned)

Basically, if you are playing the Origins version a few handy tips:

1) Start by giving your characters no weapons or armor (Bare). This will help your stats grow early on.
2) Have your character hit themselves and end the battle with less than half HP when possible (this will help your characters STR, END and HP grow).
3) There is a glitch you can exploit in Origins to level up very very fast by selecting an action then canceling immediately. Do this repeatedly (like a hundred times a battle or so) to boost that actions stat (i.e. Attack will boost your STR and whatever weapon you are using, Magic will boost your MAG and MP and Spell Skill level).

Any particular trouble you're having apart from the fact that the game is a broken mess, lol?

Masamune85

Lv. 25 Adventurer
AKA
One winged angel
I'm basically having trouble on where I'm suppose to be going or what I'm doing. started the new hand. started in. altair then went to gatera. They said fynn taken over by imperial troops which it is so I wondering where the next town is for me to go to. and some of the monsters are wayyy to strong. kill of instantly. so I'm kind of stuck.

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Jason Tandro, Doc Brown, Santa Christ, FearAddict, Thibault Stormrunner, RN: Micah Rodney
I'm basically having trouble on where I'm suppose to be going or what I'm doing. started the new hand. started in. altair then went to gatera. They said fynn taken over by imperial troops which it is so I wondering where the next town is for me to go to. and some of the monsters are wayyy to strong. kill of instantly. so I'm kind of stuck.

First you have to in Altair talk to the Princess Hilda. Once that's done head into Fynn but do not talk to any of the soldiers. Instead make your way to the Pub and say the password Wild Rose to the man there. He will get you into a secret room where you will meet Scott. Scott will give you a ring, take this back to Hilda and that will begin the next quest line.

Masamune85

Lv. 25 Adventurer
AKA
One winged angel
Is the pub in the town? because I went to every house I could and there is no one in any of them . just imperial soldiers.

Nandemoyasan

Standing guard
AKA
Johnny
Games of the NES era would often use this simple trick of hiding something simply beyond your ability to see the route you would take to get there. Dragon Warrior does this ALL THE FRICKING TIME with Treasure Chests. Rarely are they simply placed right in front of you. Zelda 1 would also do this quite a bit, but it knew how to make it interesting; virtually nothing inventory-wise is wasted in that game.

It's frankly kind of an annoying feature of early RPGs that simply pads out the gameplay, and half the time, the boosts you get from such sidetracks are marginal at best, unless you're close to the end of the game.

FFII is kind of a frumpily designed game to stick something like this DIRECTLY at the beginning. FFI and III don't do this. FFII is basically asking too much of you, too soon. The idea in any game should be that it's simple to pick up, learn, and effectively play, but then grows steadily more challenging and (Hopefully) interesting.

FFII eventually gets there. But it takes quite some time. I'd say around the time you finally fight the first boss, the game starts to pick up. But it is most definitely one of the slowest burners of the series.

Top Bottom