FF song bracket: Round 2, Group 1

Which of these songs do you like best? Choose up to three.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
Please note the following changes from round one: you can now only vote for three songs instead of four in each poll (unless you use your joker), and the polls will only be open for two days instead of three. It's also worth remembering that the results of this round will directly determine the seedings for the final 32, so I encourage you to vote for your favourite songs even if you think they're already going to qualify.

Pick your three favourite songs from the selection above!

If you can't decide on just three, you can vote for as many as you want, but only in one poll of the 10 in this round. The full list of upcoming polls can be found here.

You can listen to the songs in the playlist below.

This poll will be open for two days, and the top three songs, excluding ties, will qualify for the final 32. The best runners-up across the 10 groups will also qualify.

Other popular names for these songs include:

Magitek Research Facility - "Devil's Lab"
Listen to the Cries of the Planet - "You Can Hear the Cries of the Planet"
The Chase - "Crazy Motorcycle"
Silver Dragon - "Assault of the Silver Dragons", "Attack of the Silver Dragons"

Note: I've included the Final Fantasy VII version of "Prelude" in this playlist, but you can base your vote on any version you like.

For more information on this event, visit the discussion thread.

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
Terra's Theme, Listen to the Cries of the Planet and The Price of Freedom.

If I could pick a fourth it'd be Prelude.

Monterosa

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Tom
I voted for merely 1/10 of these songs in the previous round, but there are a few that I like.

My top three, in descending order of preference

The Extreme All of the music in the fight against Ultimecia is incredible, and I'm so glad to see that each track qualified (Premonition, The Legendary Beast, Maybe I'm A Lion, The Extreme). As a montage, these songs rival Dancing Mad and, in my opinion, surpass One Winged Angel.

The Extreme is the pinnacle of the fight, and you can hear that in its epic scale (and I don't use the e-word lightly). The opening harp and piano melody is deceptively calm, but when the percussion and frantic violin roll in at 1:39 and the melody transforms, you know Ultimecia has reached ascendancy.
“Have you remembered something?
Something from your childhood
A sensation
The words from back then
The emotions from back then
As you become an adult
You leave something behind, throw something away
Time will not wait for you
Even if you cling to it
It slips away the instant you open your hands
And…”

Assault of Silver Dragons I sort of overlooked this in the previous round, but playing it after The Extreme makes me realise how well it stands up to other important battle themes.

Crazy Motorcycle Chase This was in a particularly tough group in the last round, but here it stands out. It's a fun song.

I'm probably alone in thinking this, but I find this group pretty uninspiring.

Last edited:

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
Took me a few minutes of contemplating before I picked 3 I enjoy listening to.

Magitek Research Facility - I can't say why, but I just like this tune so much! I enjoy a lot of VI's music, it often would get stuck in my head when I was playing it. This song really brings this factory to mind, a somewhat dark place with machinery always whirring and working about.

Prelude - This has always been the Final Fantasy theme for me. It's a beautiful song, and even though the notes are simple, ascending and descending over and over, it creates a lovely melody.

The Price of Freedom - Loved this song the moment I heard it. I find the violin and electric guitar to go together very well; I love the softness, almost longing sound to the beginning, before it jumps into this burst of life. Embodies Zack's life, I think, especially towards the end of the game.

Honorable mentions go to Freya's Theme, Silver Dragon, and The Extreme.

trash panda

---m(O.O)gle---
AKA
Howl
HAH! Looks like I don't have to vote for some of these since y'all already did. :monster:

So, I'm voting:
Crazy Motorcycle
The Extreme
Silver Dragon

*strategy this, strategy that* I won't have to vote for Terra's Theme or Cries of the Planet because I predict they'll get even moar votes than they already have.

It was a close call between Silver Dragon and Freya's theme, but at the end of the day I think Silver Dragon is a better piece and Freya's theme is less entertaining. :awesome:

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
I'm probably alone in thinking this, but I find this group pretty uninspiring.
You're not alone. :P But we must be in the minority, since this group is the in the "stronger" half of this round's groups, based on the average votes received by each of these songs in the first round.

I like Terra's theme, but I think the instrumentation in Omen suits it far better, while The Price of Freedom is a repetitive, underwhelming soft rock song. They're the top two songs in the poll at the moment. Ho-hum.

Some of the other songs are enjoyable, but I don't think any of them would make my top 32 (which is what we're deciding now). I think my favourite is Magitek Research Facility, which only has one vote, so I'm not even going to add mine to it.

Instead, I'm going for Listen to the Cries of the Planet, The Chase and the Extreme. Honourable-ish mentions to Prelude and Silver Dragon.

The poll will close in 28 hours.

trash panda

---m(O.O)gle---
AKA
Howl
Ah! Monterosa, I just read through the comments and realized that you and I voted for the exact same songs this round! :excited:

I found this round to be very easy...in fact, after hearing all of these songs again, I think I chose my ultimate favorites from this bunch. Terra's theme and Cries of the Planet are well adored by me, but The Extreme, Crazy Motorcycle, and Silver Dragon are not only easy to listen to repetitiously; they're also well composed and paint a clear picture of the scenery that they accompany in-game. ^_^

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
I think my favourite is Magitek Research Facility, which only has one vote, so I'm not even going to add mine to it.

:O Aww..... I'm the only one who voted for it........?

Am I the only one who doesn't check the poll results before voting? I feel like if I did I might change my votes. :lol:

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
I consider it a trade-off: either you vote early and have a chance of influencing what the people after you will do, or you vote late and have a better idea of where your votes will be most effective. I vote late since it gives me the chance of reminding people that the poll is going to close the next day.

trash panda

---m(O.O)gle---
AKA
Howl
^ I vote late too...not on purpose really, I'm just waiting to get home in the evenings to give the songs a good long listen before voting. I'm really disappointed that The Extreme isn't going to make it (or so it seems). :(

Monterosa

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Tom
Ah! Monterosa, I just read through the comments and realized that you and I voted for the exact same songs this round! :excited:

I found this round to be very easy...in fact, after hearing all of these songs again, I think I chose my ultimate favorites from this bunch. Terra's theme and Cries of the Planet are well adored by me, but The Extreme, Crazy Motorcycle, and Silver Dragon are not only easy to listen to repetitiously; they're also well composed and paint a clear picture of the scenery that they accompany in-game. ^_^
I'm really disappointed that The Extreme isn't going to make it (or so it seems).

Totally agreed. :glomp:

For me, The Extreme is the only 'essential' song from this group. I might say the same of Terra's Theme but its arrangement as part of Omen is better.

AvecAloes

Donator
Daaaaangit, I can't believe I missed this round! :( Not that my votes would have really made a difference, but I'm still miffed with myself >_>

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
You can always PM me if you know you're going to have to miss a future poll.

As for this one, Prelude and Terra's Theme have made it into the top 100. Listen to the Cries of the Planet and The Price of Freedom tied for third place, so they'll have to compete with other runners-up on vote count.

trash panda

---m(O.O)gle---
AKA
Howl
RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR! The Extreme didn't make it and it's such an epic song. I was listening to different remixes of it all day. ;__________________;

Top Bottom