FF song bracket: Round 2, Group 10

Which of these songs do you like best? Choose up to three.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
Pick your three favourite songs from the selection above!

If you can't decide on just three, you can vote for as many as you want, but only in one poll of the 10 in this round. If you haven't already done so, this is your last chance! The full list of polls can be found here.

You can listen to the songs in the playlist below.

This poll will be open for two days, and the top three songs, excluding ties, will qualify for the final 32. The best runners-up across the 10 groups will also qualify.

Other popular names for these songs include:

Anxiety - "Anxious Heart"
Shinra, Inc - "The Shinra Corporation"
Zanarkand - "To Zanarkand"
A Fleeting Dream - "Someday the Dream Will End"

For more information on this event, visit the discussion thread.

Lex

Administrator
Hooray Joker time!

Matoya's Cave
Anxious Heart
Cloud's Theme
Don't be Afraid
BURAKKU MAYJU VIRAYJU!!!
Something to Protect
A Fleeting Dream

I obviously like To Zanarkand like everyone else, but I'm fairly confident it'll get a shitload of votes and I actually prefer listening to covers of the song rather than the song itself these days.

EDIT: Am I the only one that can't listen to Matoya's Cave without dancing around in my chair?

EDIT 2: Also I'm posting that FFXIV Matoya's Cave version again for reasons:

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
VII Main Theme, Don't be Afraid and Zanarkand. Fleeting Dream and Rebel Army would be my next choices. Really like the Dissidia remix of the latter.

Monterosa

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Tom
This is the easiest group of all for me, as precisely three songs stand out as major favourites:

Main Theme of FFVII

Zanarkand

A Fleeting Dream

RedFFWolf

Donator
Someday the Dream Will End & Anxious Heart definitely securing a vote.

The mightiest battle ensued between Shinra, Inc. and Main Theme of FFVII.
I had to leave this message half-written and ended up coming back to it a few times before making up my mind. Finally, the latter won.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
And now I, too, can loose my joker.

Matoya's Cave
Rebel Army
Anxious Heart
Don't Be Afraid
Black Mage Village
Something to Protect
A Fleeting Dream

Ahhhh:pimp:

Kuroto

Pro Adventurer
This time I voted really early, but I didn't really want to wait this time, because I wanted to finally use my joker. I voted for so many songs! Four in total that is. :awesome:

Matoya's Cave - I wanted to vote for at least one of the songs from FFI. It was easier to do it here when I had a joker to use. The song has a nice melody.

Rebel Army - It is short but I still like it a lot. It does get a bit repetitive after a while but it's still good.

Zanarkand - One reason I wanted to vote so early is because the way the situation is at the moment. I'm really worried that this piece won't make it through. If I could decide only one song from all of the 103 in this round to go through, it would be this one. I just love it so much and I can't understand why more people aren't voting for it. :'(

A Fleeting Dream - I'm so surprised that this song is ahead of Zanarkand. I don't think it should be, but I'm really glad that it is doing well in this poll, because it's a beautiful piece too. It is funny how I feel like I don't really remember which songs play in which places when I listen to most of these songs in these polls, except for pieces from FFX. Just like Calm Before the Storm took me back to the Macalania Woods, this one reminds me of walking through the ruins of Zanarkand. It's funny how the song that is named Zanarkand and the song that plays while in Zanarkand are in the same poll.

I have to give a honorable mention to Don't Be Afraid. I could have almost voted for it, but because of reasons I decided no to.

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
Jokers, jokers everywhere! :awesome: all we need is Kefka now
I voted for...

Something to protect - I like the upbeat tempo to this song, makes me rearing to go and do something fun, whether it's dancing, fighting, oh I don't know, just something energizing!

Zanarkand - This song is super beautiful, I love the 'silence' of it. It's just perfect for the intro, for the story in several places... It's both beautiful and somehow sad. Like you wish there was hope, but at the moment you can't see a different way than how it's always been. But there is a bit of hope in the song, somewhere.

A Fleeting Dream - Always been a favorite of mine from X, and I'm happy to see it doing so well in the polls. Especially love how it plays during the battles too, so I can listen to the song uninterrupted!

Honorable mentions goes to Main Theme of VII, Shinra Inc. and Anxiety. All great songs with different vibes, one encompassing VII as a whole, one suiting the darkness of Shinra, and the other holding an uneasiness and mystery within it. I would've voted for Main Theme, but it doesn't need my help, so I let myself vote for my IX and X faves. :D

Kuja9001

Ooooh Salty!
AKA
roxas9001, Krat0s9001, DarkSlayerZero
Protecting My Devotion- Beatrix & Steiner team up.
Zanarkand- I like the opening.
Someday the Dream will End- Used to kill thing at Zanarkand just for this theme.

Ghost X

Matoya's Cave (Final Fantasy)
Anxiety (Final Fantasy VII)
Main Theme of Final Fantasy VII (Final Fantasy VII)

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
I was tempted to wait until the last possible moment to vote in this poll for strategic reasons - Zanarkand, one of my favourite songs, was lingering dangerously at just eight votes for a long time - but it doesn't look like that will be necessary now. Time to cast my final votes of this round:

The Rebel Army
Main Theme of Final Fantasy IV VII
Zanarkand

I'll also throw in an honourable mention to Anxiety.

Fate can handle the rest. (The poll will close in less than 20 hours.)

Last edited:

trash panda

---m(O.O)gle---
AKA
Howl
Boooo, none of my picks this round are going to make it:
Electric De Chocobo
Don't Be Afraid
Black Mage Village

I do really love Anxious Heart and Main Theme of VII but I didn't think they'd need my votes. :|

Fangu

Great Old One
Rebel Army
Don't be afraid
Black mage village

Just prefer them. Rebel Army I hadn't heard until Round 1 in this competition and now I love it :joy:

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
Rebel Army I hadn't heard until Round 1 in this competition and now I love it :joy:
I'd heard it but I'd never really listened to it, if that makes any sense. I now love it too. Only six more votes and it'll get to the last 32... it's not gonna happen. :(

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
This poll - and this round - is now closed!

The following songs from this group have made it to the final 32:

Anxiety
Main Theme of Final Fantasy VII
Don't Be Afraid
Zanarkand
A Fleeting Dream

Quite the haul. Look out for an end-of-round summary in the event's discussion thread in the next couple of days!

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
I'm glad Anxious Heart made it. It's actually one of the songs I associate the most with FFVII, because I think it perfectly embodies that tone of mystery and exploration in the game

Top Bottom