• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

FF song bracket: Round 2, Group 2

Which of these songs do you like best? Choose up to three.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
Pick your three favourite songs from the selection above!

If you can't decide on just three, you can vote for as many as you want, but only in one poll of the 10 in this round. The full list of upcoming polls can be found here.

You can listen to the songs in the playlist below.

This poll will be open for two days, and the top three songs, excluding ties, will qualify for the final 32. The best runners-up across the 10 groups will also qualify.

Other popular names for these songs include:

Compression of Time - "Time Compression"
Festival of the Hunt - "Hunter's Chance"
Besaid - "Besaid Island"

For more information on this event, visit the discussion thread.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Voted for Omen, Compression of Time and FFX's Ending Theme. It was a tough decision not to vote for OWA.

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
Kefka, Omen, One-Winged Angel. Though honestly I've heard OWA so many times it was like white noise to me. I ended the playlist thinking "well I guess Dust to Dust is third" till I saw it on the poll.

RedFFWolf

Donator
For some reason, I love Succession of Witches. :)

Same. For a long time, I preferred "A Sacrifice" and didn't pay as much attention to Succession of Witches - this has now been reversed (though I still love both, of course)

Compression of Time, Succession of Witches and Ending Theme (FFX)

I really like the FFIX songs, as well as Kefka and One-Winged Angel, but it was Besaid I regret most not voting for

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Jason Tandro, Doc Brown, Santa Christ, FearAddict, Thibault Stormrunner, RN: Micah Rodney
Went with Kefka and OWA for obvious reasons. Chose Besaid for my third simply because I would rather listen to it than the other entries on the list besides those two which seems a good enough reason.

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
This one was pretty easy. As much as I love One-Winged Angel and enjoy the arrangement, I decided not to vote for it because I don't listen to it hardly at all unless I'm actually playing one of the games and it's playing in the background. Instead I voted for the 3 songs I can listen to very often.

Ending Theme (FFX) - Definitely one of my favorite ending themes for an FF game. It has the different reoccurring notes in it that've been used throughout the game in different songs, and brings this bittersweet feeling to mind. Beautiful song that encompasses the whole story and brings it to it's climax.

Besaid - I couldn't not vote for Besaid! If my last description wasn't enough to show how much I like the song in the first voting rounds, I don't know what is, except for me voting for it again. :awesome:

Dust to Dust - Voted for this again because of it's pure beauty. Like Besaid, I can listen to this song on repeat and never tire of it. It's beautiful, it's full of longing and of times long gone and perhaps a hope for the future. One of the best songs from XIII.

trash panda

---m(O.O)gle---
AKA
Howl
You guyyyyyyssss...only one vote for Steiner's theme????

Only FOUR for Compression of Time?!?! I...I...

Who ARE you people??!!? I feel like I don't even know you anymore!!! ;_______;

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
^I know I voted for Steiner's Theme in the first round, but in this group, I just couldn't ignore the other three I voted for. Sorry Steiner. D:

Every time I hear IX's music in these threads I WANT TO PLAY IT.

trash panda

---m(O.O)gle---
AKA
Howl
*sigh*

Kefka & One Winged Angel
I really wanted to vote for both of these songs here but I've honestly heard enough of these for a lifetime. They're good for a listen every once in a while though.

Omen
Omen is a gorgeous piece; I'd even go so far as to call it amazing; and it really is (if you're willing to listen to it from start to finish).

Compression of Time
This piece just does something for me, and I'm choosing it based purely on my own personal taste. This song is on my sleepytime playlist and I listen to it repetitiously. Not just saying so because we're having this event - I listen to this song a LOT. Granted, the version that's up on OC remix is a lot easier to listen to. :lol:

Succession of Witches
Beautiful of course, but the kerplunkinty plink plink ping ping is a little overbearing and I couldn't listen to it again and again on account of that. I think that the best part of this song is around the 50 second mark.

Festival of the Hunt & Besaid
Meh. As much as I love FFIX, this song just doesn't really have a special place in my heart. :hohum:

Besaid isn't something I'd ever listen to for recreational purposes. :/

FFX Ending Theme
I don't listen to this song very often but it paints a beautiful picture. It's not a personal favorite of mine, but I have to admit that it's very well composed. I don't mind giving it my vote here, considering that my favorite songs in this group aren't going to make it. ^.^

Steiner's Theme
FFIX is so great at capturing characters' personalities in their theme songs. Steiner is a great character, his theme is catchy. Personal preference here again.

Dust to Dust
This is one of my favorite songs from the XIII trilogy. I'm not usually a fan of vocal arrangements but this one's quite soothing. I do get bored of it sort of quickly though. :whistle:

Ghost X

One-Winged Angel (Final Fantasy VII)
Compression of Time (Final Fantasy VIII)
Festival of the Hunt (Final Fantasy IX)

^Clear favourites. I'd like to have voted for Dust to Dust too, alas I'd have voted it out eventually :P.

Fangu

Great Old One
OWA - because we're on a VII site so it's obvious
Omen - magnificent <3
Dust to Dust - because Oerba is my home and this track is absolutely goddamn gorgeous <3

ForceStealer

Double Growth
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I wanted Succession of Witches and accidentally hit COmpression of time and that's currently the deciding vote between them :'(

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I wanted Succession of Witches and accidentally hit COmpression of time and that's currently the deciding vote between them :'(
No problem, if an admin doesn't see this by the time the poll closes I'll just count your vote for Succession of Witches anyway.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
No problem, if an admin doesn't see this by the time the poll closes I'll just count your vote for Succession of Witches anyway.

:glomp:

Thanks Flint. It's one of my favorite songs from FFVIII. I love the way it build and builds before faking you out and returns back to the "tiny" sounding melody. Very creepy, and super atmospheric, I love it.

I went all villains this round, and also voted Kefka and OWA. The former feels totally opposite of a villain song, and yet that seems to make it all the more ominous. OWA is the Stairway to Heaven of Final Fantasy, but like it's counterpart, that doesn't mean it isn't a masterfully crafted piece of music.

Kuroto

Pro Adventurer
I voted for the same three songs that Flare voted for. :awesome: That is the last three on the list.

Ending Theme - This piece has both Hymn of the Fayth and Zanarkand in it and it combines the two in a very beautiful way. I just can't listen to this piece without tears. This piece really captures the overwhelming sadness that endings usually have, but it also captures the feeling of a new beginning in the very end of the theme. What else could you ask for from an ending theme really?

Besaid - This is just a very nice piece. I think I like the new version even more with the violin and the bright sound of piano. It's beautiful.

Dust to Dust - This piece is so soothing. I absolutely love the vocals in this piece. I'm so happy I found this piece through this event, because it is so beautiful. I have this feeling that had I heard this song when I was a young teenager, it would have been on one of the collection cds that I made back then. The piece really have this feeling of timelessness.

My honorable mention goes to Festival of the Hunt, because it's a very exciting piece and was the only other piece I really considered voting for. But in the end I had to choose Besaid, because it would have been very difficult not to vote for it.

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
I'm voting for Omen, One-Winged Angel and Compression of Time. The first two were dead certs, but CoT had to fight off a bit of competition from Succession of Witches and Besaid to get my third vote. I just find CoT to be a more interesting piece to listen to.

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
Monterosa couldn't vote in this poll but he informed me of his intention to vote for Ending Theme, Besaid and Dust to Dust in advance, so I'm adding one vote to each of their tallies. That means One-Winged Angel and Compression of Time have made it into the final 32, while Kefka and Ending Theme are in contention.

trash panda

---m(O.O)gle---
AKA
Howl
Compression of Time made it into the final 32

OMG.gif

YEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!

Steiner's Theme.
We tried, we certainly tried didn't we. :properhug:

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
Aw noooo, my votes didn't make it! :( Those are some of my favorites songs in the series....... *sob*

my only hope is for Ending Theme to squeak by somehow...

Kuroto

Pro Adventurer
That means One-Winged Angel and Compression of Time have made it into the final 32, while Kefka and Ending Theme are in contention.

Actually Compression of Time shouldn't be going straight to the top 32, because it only has 8 votes, just like Ending Theme and Kefka. If you remember:

I even checked the spreadsheet and you have left this uncorrected. Therefore only OWA should be going through with three songs competing for the second place on this poll. Or you have to let them all through. Your choice. :monster:

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
Oh yeah, I forgot about that. And I guess nobody got around to fixing it for me.

So, just to confirm, One-Winged Angel is the only song to get through automatically, as there was a three-way tie for second between Kefka, Compression of Time and Ending Theme. Ending Theme currently has the best chance of getting through, since it had the best ranking in round one, and that's one of the tie-breakers.

Top Bottom