• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

FF song bracket: Round 2, Group 4

Which of these songs do you like best? Choose up to three.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
Note: I wasn't able to post a poll yesterday, so I'm posting two today. This one will be open for three days instead of the usual two.

Pick your three favourite songs from the selection above!

If you can't decide on just three, you can vote for as many as you want, but only in one poll of the 10 in this round. The full list of upcoming polls can be found here.

You can listen to the songs in the playlist below.

This poll will be open for two days, and the top three songs, excluding ties, will qualify for the final 32. The best runners-up across the 10 groups will also qualify.

Other popular names for these songs include:

Battle at the Big Bridge - "Clash on the Big Bridge"
Eternity ~Memories of Light and Waves~ - "Eternity ~Memories of Lightwaves~"
Streets of Rabanastre - "Royal City of Rabanastre"

For more information on this event, visit the discussion thread.

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
Aria di Mezzo Carattere and J-E-N-O-V-A are top picks for me. Eternity ~Memories of Light and Waves~ inched out Battle at the Big Bridge for third. Opening - Bombing Mission was tempting too.

RedFFWolf

Donator
Streets of Rabanastre and Kuja's Theme were my top choices. Eternity just pipped it over both FFVII choices and Aria di Mezzo Carattere.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
This round is incredibly hard. Whether you or RNG put it together, I'm not happy with who's responsible. :monster:

I love Underneath the Rotting Pizza, Kuja's Theme, and Rabanastre (and Memory and Lightwaves is a beautiful song as well). However, after much consternation...the battle themes took the round.

Battle on the Big Bridge
Final Battle (Neo Exdeath)
J-E-N-O-V-A

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
It was a team effort between me, RNG, and everyone who voted in the first round. :P

Don't forget that you've got an unlimited-vote joker to use in one of these polls!

Fangu

Great Old One
I almost ended up using my Joker on this one, because it was just too hard...

Honorable mentions to Battle at the Big Bridge, Aria di Mezzo Carattere, Bombing Mission, J-E-N-O-V-A, Eternity... all of them absolutely brilliant tracks. And I have to say, The Final Battle is absolutely awesome, stuck to my head right away - the kind of track I could fight a boss to for days.

(Which reminds me - I can't believe the final boss theme from XIII-2 is in the competition, because damn... best boss track evar. Still gives me the chills.)

I guess it's no surprise I had to give two of my votes to the XII tracks... Streets of Rabanastre is a magnificent town theme, and the End Credits theme - excuse me, Symphonic Poem "Hope" - I've heard it so many times from endig the game, practicing ending the game, watching speedruns, and just looking it up on YouTube... whenever I see someone finish XII on Twitch I yell WATCH THE END CREDITS!! THE MUSIC IS AWESOME!! in the chat, lol. And people always agree.

My third vote goes to Under the Rotting Pizza. This might sound odd, but I believe it's my favourite tune from VII. Matches the location, atmosphere and gameplay perfectly, and it's just this incredibly groovy thing you could listen to for days and days without getting sick of.

Don't get me wrong, I feel bad for not voting for J-E-N-O-V-A, even more so for The Final Battle - but the first one has tons of votes already, and the latter just had to make room for the three I did vote for.

Phew.

AvecAloes

Donator
Battle On the Big Bridge, Opening/Bombing Mission, and JENOVA.

I could have voted for most of them though to be honest.

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
Shit I wish I voted JENOVA but the battle at the big bridge is what I was reminded of when I fought gilgamesh.

Ghost X

The Final Battle (Final Fantasy V)
J-E-N-O-V-A (Final Fantasy VII)
Kuja's Theme (Millennium Version) (Final Fantasy IX)

trash panda

---m(O.O)gle---
AKA
Howl
Okay, I voted honestly on this one; based purely on personal preference. Nothing to do with strategy:

Bombing Mission
J-E-N-O-V-A
FFXII Ending

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
Took me a while to figure out my votes. This is also the first time I've checked the poll results before voting, which I'm glad I did. In the end, I passed up JENOVA because it's already a clear winner and has a ton of votes, so I let myself use my third vote on another song I really enjoy.

Eternity ~Memories of Light and Waves~ - My first vote goes to this one; this is a beautiful song, and I feel that X-2's soundtrack as a whole is pretty weak except for this shining gem.

Streets of Rabanastre - I've always liked this song, but after listening to it with headphones on, I got a much better appreciation of all the various instruments in it that add and retract and continue the tune along with one another.

Symphonic Poem "Hope" - This is what I passed JENOVA up for, because listening to it again reminds me of how beautiful a song it is. I love the FF ending themes, but this one is just... agh, the instruments are amazing. I love XII's grand music. Sad that this song probably won't make it through, but I enjoyed voting for it.

Monterosa

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Tom
J-E-N-O-V-A
Eternity ~Memories of Lightwaves~
Streets of Rabanastre

This is a mixed group for me. While there are some songs that I don't really enjoy, the above three are true standouts from the whole series. Honourable mentions to Symphonic Poem "Hope" and Opening ~ Bombing Mission.

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
I almost used my joker in this group. I'm pretty sure it has the most songs that I'd put in my personal top 100, but since we're choosing a top 32 now, I'll save it for the group that has more of the very best songs, even if it's slightly weaker overall. I expect that will be either group 7 or 8.

I'm voting for J-E-N-N-Y, B at the BB and Eternity. Very tough to leave out Aria, which was a close fourth. I hope it picks up a couple more votes.

Kuja9001

Ooooh Salty!
AKA
roxas9001, Krat0s9001, DarkSlayerZero
Final Battle(This is one of the more underrated boss things. I really really like the first 40 secs) (Neo)Exdeath was the most difficult final boss for me outta the (S)NES titles.

My Kuja's Theme(Perfect for making you go on a fetch quest)

Eternity - Memories of light & waves(As a kid, I would just sit at the start screen for a while. Song is beautiful)

Kuroto

Pro Adventurer
This group was much easier than I thought it would be.This time I voted for:

Battle at the Big Bridge - First I thought that since this song is already going through I would vote for something else instead. But since I didn't really find a third song to vote for I chose this. Because it's good. Very good.

Aria di Mezzo Carattere - This one is really the only song from the opera that works well on its own. It's really pretty. I'm surprised it's not doing better but what can you expect when you have OBM and JENOVA in the same group. :P

Eternity~MoLaW~ - This is so beautiful. Had to vote for it.

HM goes to JENOVA. I knew it didn't need my vote so I didn't vote for it.

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
J-E-N-O-V-A, Battle at the Big Bridge and Opening - Bombing Mission have made it to the final 32. Aria di Mezzo Carattere and Eternity ~MoLaW~ will probably fall just short.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
Top Bottom