FF song bracket: Round 2, Group 5

Which of these songs do you like best? Choose up to three.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
Pick your three favourite songs from the selection above!

If you can't decide on just three, you can vote for as many as you want, but only in one poll of the 10 in this round. The full list of upcoming polls can be found here.

You can listen to the songs in the playlist below.

This poll will be open for two days, and the top three songs, excluding ties, will qualify for the final 32. The best runners-up across the 10 groups will also qualify.

Other popular names for these songs include:

Let the Battles Begin - "Fighting", "Those Who Fight"
Servants of the Mountain - "People of the Far North"

For more information on this event, visit the discussion thread.

trash panda

---m(O.O)gle---
AKA
Howl
Gah....this one is worse than group 3.

tumblr_inline_nujolrmdVW1rcll4z_500.gif

I'm giving everything a good listen but I'll have to ponder this at work today. :(
Because I love so many songs in this group very dearly, I think I'll choose not to see how others voted before I cast my own votes. :|

*eyeballing my joker*

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Birth of a God - Sephiroth's ever-underrated theme. It incorporates his other oft-forgotten Those Chosen by the Planet, is a great boss theme, AND is the only place where FF7 incorporates the old FF battle intro (0:26).

Fighting and The Great Warrior round it out for the reasons I stated in the last round - for an FF7 sweep!
:hairflip:

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
I'd like to change my Let the battles begin! vote to melodies of life if it's not too much trouble.

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
^ No problem. As usual, if an admin notices, they can change it in the poll, otherwise I'll just change it when I add this group's votes to the spreadsheet. Remind me if I forget. :P

RedFFWolf

Donator
There, there, Howl. Take consolation in the fact that the round after this is almost certain to be harder :monster: Just let me cry with you for a few minutes first.

Servants of the Mountain and Lifestream - and fighting between Yuna's Ballad and The Great Warrior, I've eventually given it to Yuna's Ballad.

An honourary mention to EVERY other choice

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Jason Tandro, Doc Brown, Santa Christ, FearAddict, Thibault Stormrunner, RN: Micah Rodney
Lifestream, Melodies of Life and Yuna's Ballad. Birth of a God would have been #4 for me. Great Warrior #5. Still haven't used my joker. Hanging onto it for later, and I feel these three deserve to be up there not just for being amazingly beautiful melodies but for their sheer iconic nature.

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
Okaay, thought of using my Joker but I do think the next round looks the most challenging, so I'll save it. :monster:

Melodies of life - Bit of a sentimental vote, perhaps; it's the first vocal FF song I ever heard, but I really do like the words and the tune.

Fight with Seymour - I absolutely love the beginning of this song. :D It's kind of quirky for a boss song, but I think it fights Seymour's personality.

Servants of the Mountain - Gorgeous song, I'm going to vote for this every time I see it in the polls. I love that echoing beat to the drums, like it's playing as you travel that snowy mountain, and then the bagpipes that jump in during the softer part of the song really drives the tune home. Very beautiful.

Honorable mentions: All the VII songs on this list. :awesome: Plus Auron's Theme. <3

Ghost X

Lifestream (Final Fantasy VII)
Fight With Seymour (Final Fantasy X)
Servants of the Mountain (Final Fantasy X)

Difficult. My opinion of "Fight with Seymour" and "Maybe I'm a Lion" differ comparatively with the version of them being played. I prefer the original of the former than that of the latter though. If I were voting on the Black Mages' version though, it'd be vice versa, but I'm not so... (:awesome:).

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
One of my favorite themes of FFVII is Let the Battles Begin(which is also known as Those who Fight if I'm understanding correctly).

Melodies of Life from FFIX is one of my favorite songs as well. I'm surprised this song has more votes than the rest of them so far, along with "Let the Battles Begin" coming close second.

I liked the theme "Maybe I'm a Lion" from FFVIII, as well, as it's my favorite second final boss fight music.

trash panda

---m(O.O)gle---
AKA
Howl
I'll just mention my favorites:

Birth of a God is an amazing song but I do listen to Let the Battles Begin very often and it's a personal favorite even though it's repetitive and less complex than BOAG.

As much as I love The Great Warrior, (again, I listen to this song very often) I actually love/appreciate the Cosmo Canyon theme song more so I'll have to pass it up this round. I'm actually going to backtrack (after having listened to everything here) and give my vote to Birth of a God. :(

Maybe I'm a Lion is a personal favorite of mine but it's nowhere near as good as The Extreme or Legendary Beast.

I do enjoy Melodies of Life but I'm not keen on vocal arrangements.

Fight With Seymorur - personal fecking favorite. :awesome:

Fangu

Great Old One
Birth of a God
The Great Warrior
Auron's theme

Yeah I voted for an X song. What has this world come to :monster: (Or did I get laid, who knows)

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
The Great Warrior, Maybe I'm a Lion and Servants of the Mountain, in that order, with Birth of a God a close fourth.

Less than 24 hours until closing time in this one.

Airling

Ninja-Fairy-Jedi-Princess
Jokered it. I just couldn't decide, and scanning the next 5 groups I'm about 90% sure no other will have me this torn.

Monterosa

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Tom
Maybe I'm a Lion is a personal favorite of mine but it's nowhere near as good as The Extreme or Legendary Beast.
Agreed. Those two songs are top 32 worthy, but they've already been knocked out. Maybe I'm A Lion is great, but simply not as good.

My top three goes to...

Servants of the Mountain (particularly the rearranged version, though I love the drums from the original as well)

Lifestream One of my top 10 FFVII songs, along with J-E-N-O-V-A, Fight On!, Aerith's Theme, Main Theme, Reunion, Secrets of the Deep Sea, Buried In The Snow, Wutai, Cosmo Canyon, and...

The Great Warrior

This group was tough. My honourable mentions go to Melodies of Life, Birth of a God, Maybe I'm A Lion, and Yuna's Ballad.

Kuroto

Pro Adventurer
Again went with the last three. The decision making would have been much harder had I not been the last to vote.

Fight with Seymour - This song is not on my top three from this group, but since I had the opportunity to lift it in a better position on the poll, I decided to vote for it.

Servants of the Mountain - This is such a beautiful piece that in my opinion it deserves to be in the top 32. Definitely one of the best pieces in this poll.

Yuna's Ballad - This one is probably my top pick for this group. It's just so beautiful and even though it's pretty repetitive it doesn't get boring. I'm really sad to see it drop out from the top 32.

Honorable mentions go to Birth of God and Melodies of Life. Melodies of Life is probably also one of my favourites in this poll, but since it's going through already I decided to rather boost Seymour. It's surprising how equal this group is. After I voted there are now five songs with 9 votes and the leading song has only three more votes. Very surprising.

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
Melodies of Life, The Great Warrior (hooray!) and Birth of a God have made it into the final 32. There was a five-way tie for fourth place, so Let the Battles Begin, Lifestream, Maybe I'm a Lion, Fight with Seymour and Servants of the Mountain are all in with a shout, but none of them is currently forecast to get through.

Top Bottom