FF song bracket: Round 2, Group 6

Which of these songs do you like best? Choose up to three.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kuroto

Pro Adventurer
Pick your three favourite songs from the selection above!

If you can't decide on just three, you can vote for as many as you want, but only in one poll of the 10 in this round. The full list of upcoming polls can be found here.

You can listen to the songs in the playlist below.

This poll will be open for two days, and the top three songs, excluding ties, will qualify for the final 32. The best runners-up across the 10 groups will also qualify.

Other popular names for these songs include:

Battle to the Death - "The Fierce Battle"
Roses of May - "Loss of Me"

For more information on this event, visit the discussion thread.

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Jason Tandro, Doc Brown, Santa Christ, FearAddict, Thibault Stormrunner, RN: Micah Rodney
Almost used my joker on this one, but nah. Main theme of FF4, Bran Bal, and Phantom Forest.

Kuroto

Pro Adventurer
Well thank you, Carlie! It was a long transformation but it was all worth it.

tumblr_inline_njknjlZeFN1sfgszn.gif

Fangu

Great Old One
Okay, I ended up using my Joker on this group. There is simply too many emotional and nostalgic themes in this one for me. I ended up voting for all the VI songs because I love every single one, same with the IX ones. And VII. Cid's theme is probably my favourite VII character theme, and Cosmo Canyon is just too good not to vote for.

Also I could never NOT vote for Blinded by Light. I've heard it a million times, never gone sick of it - and it's the perfect battle variant of Lightning's Theme, which is a stunning piece of character theme. Enemies usually staggered at around 0:35. Here we go, Launch that sonofabitch. <3

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
Used my Joker here too, though I voted for the IV theme, Under the Appletree and the VI songs because a vote for basically everything doesn't matter that much.

Kuja9001

Ooooh Salty!
AKA
roxas9001, Krat0s9001, DarkSlayerZero
This one was easy.

The fierce battle(I really like Atma's boast)->Rose Of May(Beatrix is like my second fav FF chick)->Blinded By Light(Plays during the battle w/Snow.)

RedFFWolf

Donator
Cid's Theme was my favourite. Difficult choosing, but decided on Cosmo Canyon and Phantom Forest too. Almost voted for Roses of May (especially as it's one of the FF pieces I learned on keyboard)

Ghost X

Main Theme of FINAL FANTASY IV (Final Fantasy IV)
Roses of May (Final Fantasy IX)
Blinded by Light (Final Fantasy XIII)

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
Used my Joker because I feel this is the toughest round for me. Well that and I don't want to save it to the end and then use it on a round I'm not as fond of. :monster:

Main Theme of FINAL FANTASY IV -Because I used my Joker I got to vote for a IV and a VI song, so yay! :awesome: Very nice field song, I've always liked it.

Phantom Forest -
VI's music is always fun to listen to, and this one is no exception.

Cid's Theme -
Such an energetic song full of determined hope. Makes me gear up to do something big!

Cosmo Canyon -
I love the tribal beat to this song, the atmosphere it gives makes me feel like I could stay up for days in Cosmo Canyon, pouring through the books there and taking in the beauty of the sunsets.

Under the Apple Tree -
One thing about CC songs I enjoy is that it's not all electric guitar, it's also a lot of acoustic sounds. I think the soundtrack really fits well with the game and Zack.

Bran Bal, the Soulless Village -
Violin, flute, piano and whatever else make this song mysterious and gives that 'soulless' feel to the village.

Roses of May -
This song strikes me as being kind of sad in a way, but determined. Like a steady, quiet march.

Blinded by Light
- Totally agree with Fangu; I love fighting battles to this song and because of this song I actually got into battles way more often. You know it's a good song when you battle just to listen to it. :awesome:

Last edited:

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
Two obvious choices: Bran Bal and Blinded by Light. The third choice was tougher. I went with The Phantom Forest, but Battle to the Death was a close fourth.

trash panda

---m(O.O)gle---
AKA
Howl
Wow, look at that - a five way tie! :monster:

This group was sort of all over the place for me...looks like it was for everyone. I chose Main Theme, Cosmo Canyon and Bran Bal. I've had enough of Cid's theme for one lifetime and Blinded by the Light doesn't even remotely compare to some other battle themes.

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
I had to go Cid's Theme, Cosmo Canyon just beacause :monster: and Rose of May because it's such a lovely song. <3

ForceStealer

Double Growth
I nearly cashed in my bonus, but I wound up going with The Veldt, Cosmo Canyon (i.e. best town theme in the series), and Blinded By Light (i.e. best battle theme in the series).

It hurts leaving out Under the Apple Tree, Cid's Theme, Rose of May, and Phantom Forest though. I think I'll hold onto it for the last batch, although I should have used it on the Battle on the Big Bridge batch, I mantain that's the toughest of the lot.

Monterosa

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Tom
I have a distinct top four in this group. I'm taking a risk by leaving out Blinded By Light as the other three need my help more:

Main Theme of FINAL FANTASY IV
Cosmo Canyon
Bran Bal, Soulless Village

Kuroto

Pro Adventurer
Originally I thought I would have used my joker here, but I'm pleased to see that many have done it already so in the end I decided to save it for later. We will see if that was a good decision or not.

Main Theme of FFIV - I guess this is my top pick because I knew that I would vote for this no matter what. I'm glad that it is loved by others as well. :)

Cosmo Canyon - My favourite theme from VII. In my opinion it's better than Great Warrior and I wouldn't mind seeing this piece in the top ten.

Blinded by Light - I'm really pleasently surprised that this piece is the first one to go through from this group. I was sure it would have been Cosmo Canyon, but apperently not. I really like this theme a lot. Probably my favourite fight track from the series.

Honorable mentions go to Veldt and Roses of May. I'm sad to see Veldt go but hopefully Roses of May will make it to the next round. ^_^

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
I've been informed that I forgot to announce which songs are going through from this group and the next, so here you go:

Blinded by Light and Cosmo Canyon were the automatic qualifiers when this poll closed, but Main Theme of Final Fantasy IV and Roses of May have since joined them as runners-up. The projected cut-off point is currently 9 votes and they both have 11. Cid's Theme has 10 votes and is currently in the "likely" category. Everything else is definitely out.

Top Bottom