FF song bracket: Round 2, Group 7

Which of these songs do you like best? Choose up to three.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
Pick your three favourite songs from the selection above!

If you can't decide on just three, you can vote for as many as you want, but only in one poll of the 10 in this round. The full list of upcoming polls can be found here.

You can listen to the songs in the playlist below.

This poll will be open for two days, and the top three songs, excluding ties, will qualify for the final 32. The best runners-up across the 10 groups will also qualify.

Other popular names for these songs include:

Fight On - "Those Who Fight Further", "Still More Fighting"
Court Jesters - "Jesters of the Moon"

For more information on this event, visit the discussion thread.

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
I went Fight On!, Judgement Day, and for a twist, Noel's Theme because he's so dreamy. <3

trash panda

---m(O.O)gle---
AKA
Howl
Fight On, ALL MY YES. This song gets me so pumped to clean my house on Sunday morning. :awesome:

Only a Plank and Premonition are equally great. Neither of them are better than The Extreme or Legendary Monster...but considering that TE and LM didn't make it, Premonition would probably win my vote over a lot of other songs that've been moving forward.

A Place to Call Home - one of my all time favorites, always and forever. <3 I know it isn't the best song in comparison to the others in this group but it's personal, okay? :awesome: It was actually hard to choose this one over Vamo Alla Flamenco but APTCH is just slightly more nostalgic to me. <3

Noel's so gorgeous. It tells such a sad story, it's on my mimi's playlist, I like the character...I'm the one who nominated it. :wacky: But it wouldn't win my vote against a lot of other songs that have advanced. <3

Honorary mention goes to Fang's Theme...I don't listen to the FFXIII OST very often because I'm not keen on it, but this is an enjoyable song.

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
Fight On! - This is probably guaranteed to go through, but I really enjoy this battle theme so i have to vote for it. :D

A Place to Call Home - IX's music. <3 I learned to play this on the piano when I was a little girl. Totally not biased.

Fang's Theme - I love how energetic her theme is, and since I quite like XIII's music (for the most part), I wanna vote for this one.

Fangu

Great Old One
YYOOUUUU
SAY MY LOVE IS ALL YOU NEEEEED
TO SEE YOU THROOUUGGH
BUT IIII
KNOW THESE WORDS ARE
NOT QUITE TRUUUUU

HEEEEEEEERRREE
IS THE PATH YOU'RE LOOKING FOOOOR
AN OPEN DOOOOOR
LEEEAADING TO THE WORLDS YOU LONG TO EXPLOOOOORE
GOOOOOOOOOOO
IF YOU MUST MOVE ON ALOOONEE
IIIII'M GONNA MAKE IT OWN MY
OOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWNNN

KIIIIIIISSSSSSS MEEE GOOOOODDBYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEE
LOOOVEE'S MEMORRYYYYYYY
FOLLOW YOUR HEART
AND FIND YOUR DEESSTIIINNYYYY
WOOOOOON'T SHED A TEEEEAARRRR
FOR LOOOOOOOVE'S MORTALITYYYYYYY

FOR YOU PUT THE DREEEAAAAAMMMMMMM
IIN MY REEEAAAALLLIIIITTTYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

RedFFWolf

Donator
Choices from FFIX were tempting, but they couldn't reach the element of my final choices:

"Premonition" - All-time favourite battle music of FF (possibly 2nd of all games)
"Judgement Day" - Powerful and categorical final dungeon music
"Only a Plank Between One and Perdition" - Because it makes those scenes extra thrilling

Ghost X

Fight On! (Final Fantasy VII)
A Place to Call Home (Final Fantasy IX)
Vamo Alla Flamenco (Final Fantasy IX)

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
YYOOUUUU
SAY MY LOVE IS ALL YOU NEEEEED
TO SEE YOU THROOUUGGH
BUT IIII
KNOW THESE WORDS ARE
NOT QUITE TRUUUUU

HEEEEEEEERRREE
IS THE PATH YOU'RE LOOKING FOOOOR
AN OPEN DOOOOOR
LEEEAADING TO THE WORLDS YOU LONG TO EXPLOOOOORE
GOOOOOOOOOOO
IF YOU MUST MOVE ON ALOOONEE
IIIII'M GONNA MAKE IT OWN MY
OOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWNNN

KIIIIIIISSSSSSS MEEE GOOOOODDBYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEE
LOOOVEE'S MEMORRYYYYYYY
FOLLOW YOUR HEART
AND FIND YOUR DEESSTIIINNYYYY
WOOOOOON'T SHED A TEEEEAARRRR
FOR LOOOOOOOVE'S MORTALITYYYYYYY

FOR YOU PUT THE DREEEAAAAAMMMMMMM
IIN MY REEEAAAALLLIIIITTTYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

OH GOD WHY DIDN'T I VOTE FOR THIS?! Now I'll be sobbing to myself because this dream-I mean song is playing in my reality--shit. D:

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Judgement Day - Obviously. Only a Plank Between One and Perdition - Again. Vamo Alla Flamenco - despite Chocobo Hot & Cold's best efforts, I still love this song.

Jesters of the Moon and A Place to Call Home are close runners-up.

As I've said elsewhere, I actually like Kiss Me Goodbye quite a bit as a song. But my goodness does it clash with the rest of that game.

Kuja9001

Ooooh Salty!
AKA
roxas9001, Krat0s9001, DarkSlayerZero
Only a Plank Between One and Perdition - Bahamut!!!

Premonition - Edea is one of my fav battles in VIII.

Noel's Theme - This song is basically his backstory summed up.

Monterosa

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Tom
My top three, after some agonising, are Premonition, Fang's Theme and Noel's Theme, but I don't have to vote for only three because...

kefka_and_the_joker_by_ignore56-d31jf9t.jpg

This group features two of my favourite ever boss themes, namely Fight On! and Premonition. Battles have never looked and sounded so good as in FFVII and against Edea/Ultimecia in FFVIII.

Then we also have two wonderful vocal themes. I'm voting for Kiss Me Goodbye just cuz I love to sing along so much. Noel's Theme -Last Journey- is the better song, however, and for me the greatest discovery of this contest. I'm astonished by how beautiful it is, from the composition to the lyrics to KOKIA's dreamy vocals.

Finally, Fang's Theme is one of the most impressive orchestral compositions from any Final Fantasy. It never fails to lift my spirits. This song magisterially combines a striking sense of urgency while excited anticipation bubbles under. I also like how it includes the "Blinded By Light" leitmotif without it being the defining element of the song.

Honourable mentions go to Golbez, Clad in Darkness, Only A Plank Between One And Perdition, A Place To Call Home, and Vamo Alla Flamenco. Actually, I enjoy every last song in this group.

Last edited:

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
I used my joker as well. At this point it's not going to make that much of a difference, but at least it'll get some of my favourite songs a bit higher in the rankings.

I voted for:

Fight On!
Only a Plank Between One and Perdition
Premonition (top pick)
Vamo Alla Flamenco
Kiss Me Goodbye
Noel's Theme - Final Journey

Honourable mentions to Judgment Day and Fang's Theme. This was such a tough group. RIP lots of good songs.

Kuroto

Pro Adventurer
I already voted earlier today, but here are my votes:

Only a Plank - I just really like the rhythm of this piece. I really like listening to this piece because it feels refreshing.

Court Jesters - I really like the melody and it's really difficult to say what I wouldn't like in this piece. It's very fun.

Kiss Me Goodbye - I had to decide whether to vote for this song or Noel's Theme. I decided to vote for Kiss Me Goodbye because it's more familiar. Noel's Theme even though it's very beautiful too, just doesn't give me the same feeling. I really like the lyrics and the melody is just lovely.

Honorable mentions go to Noel's Theme and Golbez.

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
Fight On! and Vamo Alla Flamenco have made it to the final 32. The former was briefly our #1 seed until Liberi Fatali overtook it. A Place to Call Home and Kiss Me Goodbye are currently in the "likely" category but either or both of them could yet drop out if songs in group 10 pick up a lot of votes (which they probably will, since lots of people haven't used their jokers yet). Kiss Me Goodbye is the more vulnerable song of the two. Everything else is definitely out.

Fangu

Great Old One
OMG Kiss Me Goodbye has a chance to progress

: D

OH GOD WHY DIDN'T I VOTE FOR THIS?! Now I'll be sobbing to myself because this dream-I mean song is playing in my reality--shit. D:
YOU COULD HAVE SAVED IT

forever blaming

Top Bottom