• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

FF song bracket: Round 2, Group 8

Which of these songs do you like best? Choose up to three.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
Pick your three favourite songs from the selection above!

If you can't decide on just three, you can vote for as many as you want, but only in one poll of the 10 in this round. The full list of upcoming polls can be found here.

You can listen to the songs in the playlist below.

This poll will be open for two days, and the top three songs, excluding ties, will qualify for the final 32. The best runners-up across the 10 groups will also qualify.

Other popular names for these songs include:

Dancing Mad - "Wild Dance of a Charming Star" or similar
Secret in the Deep Sea - "A Secret, Sleeping Deep in the Sea"
Words Drowned by Fireworks - "Interrupted by Fireworks"

For more information on this event, visit the discussion thread.

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Jason Tandro, Doc Brown, Santa Christ, FearAddict, Thibault Stormrunner, RN: Micah Rodney
ANNNND THIS WAS MY JOKER. Literally voted for everything except Battle 2, Find Your Way and Via Purifico.

Ghost X

Dancing Mad (Final Fantasy VI)
Aerith's Theme (Final Fantasy VII)
Words Drowned by Fireworks (Final Fantasy VII)

Lex

Administrator
OK votes cast :monster:

I've somehow managed to miss almost all of the round 2 polls so far, I need to do better at catching them. I've been missing them in "new posts" somehow, maybe because I'm used to them all being grouped together.

Decisive Battle
Jenova Complete
Words Drowned by Fireworks

Hooray <3

RedFFWolf

Donator
Aerith's Theme, Interrupted by Fireworks and Find Your Way - I never really liked the latter that much until my latest playthrough last year where it just struck a chord with me that time around
(A 4th choice would've been Secrets of the Deep Sea)

The G'randiest' Daddy

Teh Bunneh of Doom
AKA
Darth
ANNNND THIS WAS MY JOKER. Literally voted for everything except Battle 2, Find Your Way and Via Purifico.
- emphasis mine.

I. I cannot. I can't wrap my head around this. Everything Battle 2?

I don't know who you are any more. :P

I kid, of course, but I really love that song :D

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
Dancing Mad, The Decisive Battle and Via Purifico. It was very close between those three songs and Aerith's Theme for me. I nominated the latter but I'm getting a bit fed up of the VII bias so I decided that it would be the one to leave out.

Srsly guys, Words Drowned by Fireworks does not deserve to have five times as many votes as Via Purifico; I wouldn't even have put it in my top six for this group, never mind my top three. Everyone's entitled to an opinion and all that, but half of the songs that have qualified for the next round so far are from VII, which is only responsible for, what, 5% of the music from the series? I expected as much from a VII-centric community but the extent of the bias has been surprising. And disappointing. :(

The G'randiest' Daddy

Teh Bunneh of Doom
AKA
Darth
I didn't vote for anything from VII in this group :shifty:

*prepares to be lynched*

I see from the stats that I'm at least as IX biased as VII biased :monster:

For me it isn't about the game, here. It's about the song. Does it make we want to sing along to all the instruments at the top of my voice? (Or something similar depending on the mood of the song, of course :D ) Then I vote for it. Therefore neither Words nor Via could get my vote (as much as I do love both songs).

I hope this helps :P

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
As ever, broad observations are not intended as criticisms of any individuals. :P I can't fault anyone who voted for Fireworks because they like the song more than the others in this poll; I'm just surprised that so many people felt that way - and not just in this poll, but across all of them. A VII song has qualified from every group featuring at least one of them so far (group 9 might buck that trend) while eight games featured at this stage don't yet have any qualified songs between them.

Kuroto

Pro Adventurer
I nearly voted for only 2 songs this round. Those were:

Battle 2 - Probably my favourite battle piece after Blinded by Light. I really like the melody and the base.

Via Purifico - This song is getting way too little love. It was my favourite pick from all of the songs and I'm sad to see that it is not going through. Especially since I nominated it. :'(

And the last piece that I decided to vote for after all:

Decisive Battle - I don't think I would put it into my top 32, but neither is many of the other songs that are going through. And the list really needs songs outside from VII so I gave it my vote. Don't get me wrong, I do like this song just not as much as the two songs above it.

Honorable mention goes to... to... erm... Dancing Mad? I have to admit that already seeing the length of this song makes me tired. :P But still it is a great composition, I'm not going to deny that. It just doesn't really affect me like a lot of other songs from the franchise. And I could probably give a honorable mention to Jenova Complete. I like the harmony but in the end I rather voted for Decisive Battle.

I have to say that I agree with Flint about the VII bias. I'm tired of it too, but what can you do. I'm hoping that the rest of the polls are going to even the situation a bit though it is already quite clear that half of the songs in top 32 are going to be from VII.

Monterosa

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Tom
This is a very tough group for me.

In the end, Dancing Mad is my number one choice. At almost 18 minutes in length, I'm surprised I have the patience to listen to it, but this contest has drawn me into paying closer attention to its composition, and I can only conclude that it is a phenomenal piece of music. To achieve such technical brilliance on a 16 bit sound system is astonishing; it's akin to an artist painting a masterpiece with only a box of crayons.

Via Purifico is beautiful and a long-time favourite. I especially enjoy the Piano Collections/HD remaster arrangement.

Battle 2 This is one of the most intense battle songs. I'm always on the edge of my seat for boss fights in FFIV. o_o What a dramatic melody.

Big honourable mentions to Aerith's Theme, Secrets Of The Deep Sea, and Find Your Way, all of which I voted for in the last round and would still rather like to see in the next.

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
I feel like this group was so weak for me. Hrm.

Setzer's Theme - I could listen to this song on repeat for a while. I love it! And besides, VI's music needs more love.

Decisive Battle - Going to vote for this one as long as possible, I've alwasy always loved it! And whoa, I just voted for two songs from VI. <3

Aerith's Theme - I really like her theme, it's quite beautiful and I've listened to it many times.

As for game bias, I'm more of a IX, X, XII, and XIII fan myself. I wish more songs from those games were making it through, but I'm just one voter. I'm not going to ignore a VII song if I really like it, but tbh, it's not like VII's music is the best ever in the whole series. They all have really amazing songs and some not-so-amazing. :D

Honorable mentions go to Via Purifico and Find Your Way.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Via Purifico is a nice little song. And it fits the dungeon that goes with it...but it never struck me as anything special.

I feel the same way about Interrupted by Fireworks, actually. I'm also surprised by how well it's doing.

And I only voted for one of the two VII songs that looks like it won't make it :monster:

Fangu

Great Old One
Battle 2 - I haven't even played this game and I LOVE this battle theme.
Dancing Mad - a masterpiece, really.
The Decisive Battle - just a really good boss fight theme!

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
The songs definitely going through from this group are:

Dancing Mad
Aerith's Theme
Words Drowned by Fireworks

And the songs which are likely to get through as runners-up are:

The Decisive Battle
Jenova Complete

It's nice to see 28 voters in this group and the last - more than at any other stage of this event. I know I've been thanked many times for running this, but it would be nothing without your votes, so, thank you too. :)

Top Bottom