FF song bracket: Round 2, Group 9

Which of these songs do you like best? Choose up to three.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
Pick your three favourite songs from the selection above!

If you can't decide on just three, you can vote for as many as you want, but only in one poll of the 10 in this round. The full list of upcoming polls can be found here.

You can listen to the songs in the playlist below.

This poll will be open for two days, and the top three songs, excluding ties, will qualify for the final 32. The best runners-up across the 10 groups will also qualify.

Other popular names for these songs include:

Mount Gulg - "Mount Gurgu", "Gurgu Volcano"
Calm Before the Storm - "Silence Before the Storm"
Movement in Green - "Sprouting"
Battle with an Esper - "Esper Battle"

For more information on this event, visit the discussion thread.

Last edited:

Ghost X

Liberi Fatali (Final Fantasy VIII)
Terra (Final Fantasy IX)
Battle with an Esper (Final Fantasy XII)

Fairly easy one for me.

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
Liberi Fatali and Man with the Machinegun. Other then that it's a pretty weak group. Movement in Green gets another vote from me even tho it's just another variation on a theme we hear better elsewhere.

Monterosa

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Tom
Liberi Fatali is my top choice by a clear mile. Fithos Lusec Wecos Vinosec is going to suffer hugely from being in the same group, but it is still an outstanding composition. Battle With An Esper rounds out my three.

My most honourable mention goes to Terra.

trash panda

---m(O.O)gle---
AKA
Howl
I used my joker on this one. :wacky:

Mount Gulg
Liberi Fatali
Man with the Machine Gun
Terra
Vivi's Theme
Battle with Esper

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
The Man with the Machine Gun
Terra
Calm Before the Storm

Honorable mentions: Mount Gulg, Vivi's Theme, Movement in Green, and Battle with an Esper.

Kuja9001

Ooooh Salty!
AKA
roxas9001, Krat0s9001, DarkSlayerZero
Fithos Lusec Wecos Vinosec
Liberi Fatali
Man With The Machine Gun

All hold some nostalgic value to me.

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
I voted for Mount Gulg, Liberi Fatali and Terra. I was tempted to vote tactically for Vivi's Theme, but I've been trying not to do that. It looks like either The Man With the Machine Gun or Esper Battle will get through instead, and I think they're both pretty good songs, so no complaints.

The poll will close in about a day and a half.

Kuroto

Pro Adventurer
I was expecting this poll to be more difficult than it ended up being. I was thinking that this could be my joker group but I didn't need to use it in the end. That leaves only one more chance to use it. :awesome:

Liberi Fatali - I knew that it didn't need my vote but I felt like I wanted to give it a better place in the ranking.

Calm Before the Storm - My top pick. So calm and so nice. The theme really takes me back to the Macalania Woods.

Movement in Green - It was quite tough to pick between this one and Mount Gulg, but in the end I picked this one because I slightly prefer it.

Honorable mentions go to Mount Gulg and Terra.

Lex

Administrator
I was going to use my Joker in this round but I feel like there are runaway winners so it would be fairly pointless, and I would have ended up voting for every single one which also felt fairly pointless. So:

Liberati Fatali
Terra
Calm Before the Storm

I wanted to vote for Fithos Lusec instead of Liberati Fatali because I'm saddened it doesn't have nearly as many votes when I consider it just as powerful. To be honest, I like every song in this bracket. I was particularly gutted I couldn't vote for Esper Battle and Forested Temple.

RedFFWolf

Donator
I'm glad some people had an easy time choosing, 'cause I've lost half of my hair to this one :P

Liberi Fatali
Man with the Machine Gun
Calm Before the Storm

A 4th choice would have been Fithos Lusec Wecos Vinosec - and maybe in another group it'd have been selected - or Terra.
Massive shout-outs to Forested Temple, Movement in Green, and Esper Battle.

AvecAloes

Donator
Forested Temple, Man With the Machine Gun, Vivi's Theme. I'm sad they're not getting more love. I know MWTMG is doing alright, but....not good enough!

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
This poll is now closed. The songs definitely going through are:

Liberi Fatali
The Man with the Machine Gun
Terra

Battle with an Esper will also qualify unless six songs in group 10 finish with 10 or more votes each at a rank of joint fourth or better, or unless six songs finish with 11 or more votes each at any rank.

Top Bottom