• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

FF7 - Ever thought of any Fun Side Stories?

Nandemoyasan

Standing guard
AKA
Johnny
I had an idea for one, but it was just an idea, and I didn't write it (yet) but it's a sort of comedic take on the FF7 mythos, an entire story where there are no or ridiculously dumb stakes at hand, and Cloud plays the part of the deadpan snarky person, whose comments (while they would be in character for him) are just the funniest sh-Nikees that you ever heard. Like, he is saying stuff that Cloud would say, but every time he opens his mouth, it's hilarious.

Something where it doesn't feel like everything is happening to Cloud, but he's got the one-up on everybody, every time he speaks.

I do recall hearing about a plot concerning rebuilding Midgar in one of the cell phone games that is like this, unless I dreamed it and forgot? It was something like, Cloud is "confirming" Barret's orders to people as they reconstruct (Cloud is telling them what to actually do), but little else I've heard of is genuinely funny. And I've also never got to read it.

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
If you want the crack version of "Zack survives" and he and the rest of AVALANCHE go through the OG with wacky highjinks, the help of half a dozen fan clubs, and exploiting video-game mechanics for fun and profit, Escape Plan Green is worth a few afternoons of reading. It's also one of the best "Zack and Cloud are co-leaders of AVALANCHE" fics I've read and the characterization of everyone is spot on.

Top Bottom