• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

FF7 Headcanons and Discussion

From the Voice Acting Discussion thread
Yeah Reeve's voice is awesome. It also helps that DoC's interpretation of him is quite an attractive dude.
Shall we share the headcanon then that Reeve is gay? :monster:

I don't know why but ever since the Compilation I have looked at Reeve and thought "Yup, he is gay". This is not based on any stereotypes that I am consciously aware of nor is it meant to boost or lessen his character in any way. It's just an idea I got fixated on. In my headcanon Reeve is gay and it has absolutely no relevance on anything whatsoever. :lol:

Starling

Pro Adventurer
I like to think that people with enemy skill materia occasionally spar with eachother to get more enemy skills they'd otherwise have a hard time getting. Maybe if they can get a hold of multiple empty ones they could even have a contest on who can gather the most/best within a set amount of time before meeting up for the spar.

Last edited:
Neat idea. And then maybe Shinra passed a law (or whatever passes for law in their world) that all enemy skill materia is the sole property of Shinra, so the enemy skill tournaments had to go underground, like dog fights, and huge fortunes are won and lost betting on them.

Lex

Administrator
This is why you abhor the idea of this remake lic. Bits of it are going to destroy the headcanon you've spent years crafting. I on the other hand would never think of the awesome things like the idea you just posted so I'm free XD.

Seriously though you should listen to the next podcast. Flint read out a comment and I said "that sounds like something Lic would say" and I was right XD.

Keveh Kins

Pun Enthusiast
New Headcanon that just occured to me whilst replaying FFVII: Choco Bill and Billy are exploitative little feckers who prey on weary travellers to make profit. Give a whole schpiel about crossing the marshes, say the chocobo's they're keeping outside are "somebody else's" and then immediately proposition you with a 2000 gil materia that's supposed to make catching chocobos a cinch. And then to top it all off, they sell you produce which you can reasonably assume is home grown with them being a farm and all.

Shysters >____>

EDIT: I feel like this may have been discussed on the forums somewhere before :monster:

ForceStealer

Double Growth
^that was actually my premise for that segment of my own very amateur attempt an FF7 novelization. Maybe I'll post the excerpt, but I'm pretty self conscious about it with S and G's and Ite's floating around... lol

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
They are total sheisters, aren't they? Also FORCE YOU HAVE A NOVELIZATION you have been keeping it from us all these years!!!? UNFORGIVABLE remedy this immediately! :D :D :D

ForceStealer

Double Growth
You just don't appreciate the high degree to which it is inferior to yours and S and G's, lol. I had originally written it in high school, and it was not good at all. I rewrote through the first disc in college, and it was considerably better. (The original draft was the whole game in around 130 pages. Now through Aerith's death is 166 pages.) But it's still very amateurish. And what's more, I had read yours and his in between, so I'm sure I was influenced by some of the liberties you two took with fleshing out details and it probably just looks like it's copied in places. It was more a writing exercise for myself than anything :monster:

Last edited:

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
I seem to remember this. I don't think you ever posted any of it publicly, but I know I knew you had attempted a novelization at some point.

Probably 'cause you talked about it at one time or another. :monster:

EDIT: Ah, yep, you did. Looks like I thanked the post.

Agrippa

Pro Adventurer
Nibelheim and the general region it's a part of are its world's version of Minnesota. Therefore Cloud Strife and Tifa Lockheart have Minnesotan accents. I'm not sure about everyone else though.

Agrippa

Pro Adventurer
1. [Warning Dragon Age Inquisition: Trespasser spoilers and its pretty damn long] Thousands of years ago, the mighty elvhen mage Solas launched a rebellion to free his people from the Evanuris, elvhen mages who set themselves up as gods and enslaved their own kind. In response to his rebellion the Evanuris labeled him Fen'Harel, The Dread Wolf, a title he and his followers saw as a badge of honor.

Yet not all of the Evanuris looked upon Solas/Fen'Harel with contempt. There was Mythal, the wisest and best of them. While her people's vallasin marked them as slaves just as much as the other Evanuris, she never saw nor treated them that way. Instead she acted as their protector, nurturer and judge. Until her fellow Evanuris betrayed and murdered her, with the youngest and most naive of them, Ghilan'anin, being dragged in to the plot. In a fit of rage and grief Solas cast these great mage lords of the elvhen people into Fade and erected the Veil to lock them in.

Eventually one of them, Ghilan'nain herself, left the taint ridden black city she and her fellow Evanuris were banished to, but since she could no longer return to the surface of her world she took flight off into the stars, incased in a vessel of stone. She then landed on the surface of nearby world, that it's dominant people, human mages calling themselves the Cetra, called Gaia. In her attempts to enrich and enhance the beauties of her new home-world Ghilan'anin sowed terror, death and madness. For despite her good intentions Ghilan'anin was corrupted and maddened by the taint, that spread to much of what she touched. Thus the mother of the halla became Jenova, The Calamity From The Skies. Were she lucid she would first scream in horror, then beg for death.
2. Dr. Hojo has at least two or three broodmothers stashed somewhere.
3. Old man Shinra looks/looked and sounds/sounded like Powers Booth's portrayal of Senator Roarke from the first Sin City movie.

Last edited:

ChipNoir

Pro Adventurer
Nibelheim and the general region it's a part of are its world's version of Minnesota. Therefore Cloud Strife and Tifa Lockheart have Minnesotan accents. I'm not sure about everyone else though.

I get the feeling they're closer to Nebraska, but with a general wash of midwest/south. Cloud's accent is kinda distinct compared to Tifa, who is a lot more neutral in everything she's been voiced in.

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
Nebraska's mountains do seem to line up closer with the Nibel area.

Last edited:

Agrippa

Pro Adventurer

I get the feeling they're closer to Nebraska, but with a general wash of midwest/south. Cloud's accent is kinda distinct compared to Tifa, who is a lot more neutral in everything she's been voiced in.

To be fair I've been watching season 3 of FX's Fargo at the time I decided that Cloud and Tifa have Minnesotan accents. And watching the original 1996 Cohen Brothers movie. It makes it easier to imagine Cloud saying "Let's mosey" with a straight face.

Agrippa

Pro Adventurer
You know, if you think about it the late Powers Boothe had roles in four Disney productions, twice as the same character. Think about that for a bit.

Correction five Disney productions, including Oliver Stone's Nixon under Hollywood studios.

Last edited:

Kieron_ODuibhir

Sinister Amanuensis
AKA
TrisakAminawn
That seems likely. :)

Mine:

1) The Impossible Lagoon north of Junon is the site of the Meteor attack depicted in the Temple of the Ancients. The guy shown with symbols of grain and goods around his feet in the third panel was probably king of a city that used to stand there.

2) The other round, crater-like formations may or may not be from natural impacts, but Lucretia got to her cave via helicopter.

3) Veld was piloting.

Top Bottom