FF7 Headcanons and Discussion

Clement Rage

Pro Adventurer
In terms of worldbuilding, I prefer individual isolated towns, in part because it makes the world feel different than ours, plus makes sense with all the monsters in the wild.

I do think there is more than we see, but if a world with vastly different physics doesn't also have different culture and societal mechanics, then it's questionable to me. I don't want to call it poor worldbuilding because there can be reasons for it, but I'm not that fond of that approach.

XV world never felt like a real place (this nation is both at war and in conditions where monsters grow out of the ground every night. Why is nothing fortified? Who is maintaining these roads? Why is everyone so chill about the violent annihilation of their capital city?)

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
How so? People outside the wall felt largely abandoned by Regis and Insomnia, and generally had more interaction with imperials than Crown City officials. It's not too odd that they would be somewhat indifferent.

Clement Rage

Pro Adventurer
You're living in no mans land between two warring powers, nominally under one, but frequently have to deal with Imperials falling from the sky and attacking people. One day, they nuke the capital city.

What happens next?

Clement Rage

Pro Adventurer
They don't (and can't) know that. At a minimum, the Imps will set up more checkpoints and things(as they do in game), but it's extremely likely that they will do things to assert their control or launch campaigns to root out dissidents and survivors. Even if it is true that nothing much will change, there's no reason why they should be so sure of that. Who is running the electricity grid now, what will happen when the Empire takes control of it? And so on.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
The electrical grid for Lucian territories outside Insomnia is run out of Lestallum.

Even if it is true that nothing much will change, there's no reason why they should be so sure of that.

The empire has had decades at this point to wipe them out, but hasn't done it, and has no real reason to. The average person (unaffiliated with the royal family or the Crownsguard) has more to fear from the daemons.

Jessie Rito

Useless Lesbian
My headcannons:

Wedge only can drink like very little alcohol before being drunk af

While marlene is around nobody is allowed to swear or else they have to put money in a swear jar

Vincent is tired all the time

Jessie ist at least bi

Renos main mission is to piss off tseng

SilverArrow20XX

Pro Adventurer
More of a general FF head canon.

My head canon is that all FF games take place in the same galaxy, but on different planets.
There have been a few hints for this in the series, but they're mostly just brushed off as cameos.
It's way more fun if all cameos are canon though.
It's pretty much established already that travel between the FF worlds can be done through the interdimensional rift.
But I like to think that's just a shortcut, and good old fashioned space travel can do it too.

The Creator from FFIV: The After Years seeded crystals on planets across the galaxy, resulting in many planets evolving similar life.
The infamous FFX-FFVII connection.
Pupu from FFVIII crash landing on Spira in X-2.

Top Bottom