FF7 OG "Tim-like" japanese ver. stream

The Blindfolded

Lv. 25 Adventurer
AKA
The Birdwatcher
Not for drinking. However, I am curious about a Japanese stream of the OG FFVII or at least the International Japanese version of FFVII. I assume that it is viable and legal to utilize the information in the Excel spreadsheet, which is both English PC and Japanese text gathered.

http://amerikajin.me/final-fantasy-7-english-japanese-script/

The download link for the Excel spreadsheet is legitimate and may quite possibly be the only or last online document of a translation from the International Japanese text to the English PC version. The wayback machine may be able to search for the scripts.

I'm not sure if Shademp is connected to this text decoding or options, either.

Also, I have not found any Japanese streams of the OG game lately, from start to finish. Perhaps it's difficult to find without international use of symbols, but still, it would be worthwhile if a legitimate Japanese stream was created.

AllGoodInMyHood

Pro Adventurer
AKA
TomTom
Hey,

I'd be going with this script actually, but people can follow whatever they want :) I got most of my stuff ready and can start with streams anytime, but no point so far, since there's little to no interest :)

The Blindfolded

Lv. 25 Adventurer
AKA
The Birdwatcher
I did check your link- it is good, but the translation (of the page) was saying that not all of the lines from the game was in the chart. It said (paraphrase) that there was a high percentage of lines- 4/5 at least , and was created with the normal version of the game, meaning that other scenes in the international version, i.e. Tifa meeting Cloud at the train station in Midgar during a flashback sequence, aren't going to be there.

The version that I'm using mysteriously contains text from deleted scenes and code notes. Content that is present only in the international version and not in the English PC version, too.

Last edited:

AllGoodInMyHood

Pro Adventurer
AKA
TomTom
I don't use google translate at all... I only look up any kanji I'm unable to read (I use jisho.org or rikichamp extension for Firefox) or words I don't know or remember. Grammar wise it's a very simple game.

Also, by OG FF7 I mean International version which was the basis for US/EU/etc. releases.

The script I've linked is better from my perspective, cause there's no distractors like romaji or translated text.

Last edited:
Top Bottom