FF7 Tote bag survey

cun10294

Pro Adventurer
Heck. I'd buy it.
Haha yeah thanks. However, I did receive some suggestions about how a t-shirt instead of a bag would get more selling or how someone would prefer the original style of the game than this comic inking style. If you can I hope you share more of your thoughts about this.

Ghost X

Ooo, a fellow Adelaide dweller. Ahoy. How extremely rare :monster:. I think there are only a handful of Australians here on this forum, and perhaps only a few are regular (including myself). I'm not familiar with any functioning forums with more local folks either (if you asked me 12+ years ago, this would be entirely different :awesome:), but perhaps broadening your search would be a good idea (which is probably how you found us any way, so keep at it! :monster:)

As for your survey, I'm probably the worst person to ask, because I don't buy anything, visit conventions, nor am I connected to any local fandom / gaming networks :P. How many of these bags do you currently have in stock? You could always try selling those, and if you succeed this year, go larger next year (or whenever another relevant event comes along). I'm sure folks would like your art, it is just the case of finding them. How's your networking? How big a following do you have? I think generally with these things you gotta lay the egg before you get a chicken.

cun10294

Pro Adventurer
Ooo, a fellow Adelaide dweller. Ahoy. How extremely rare :monster:. I think there are only a handful of Australians here on this forum, and perhaps only a few are regular (including myself). I'm not familiar with any functioning forums with more local folks either (if you asked me 12+ years ago, this would be entirely different :awesome:), but perhaps broadening your search would be a good idea (which is probably how you found us any way, so keep at it! :monster:)

As for your survey, I'm probably the worst person to ask, because I don't buy anything, visit conventions, nor am I connected to any local fandom / gaming networks :P. How many of these bags do you currently have in stock? You could always try selling those, and if you succeed this year, go larger next year (or whenever another relevant event comes along). I'm sure folks would like your art, it is just the case of finding them. How's your networking? How big a following do you have? I think generally with these things you gotta lay the egg before you get a chicken.

I just moved to Adelaide this year because of my study :P and actually have none of this product in stock, because I haven't sent it to the production company just yet. I'm still a student so this is likely something I want to do small and mostly for fun & experience because I love FF7. But even for small business, It's hard to start when you know you are likely to lose than gaining something.
The truth is I'm not really a big name on the internet or have many followers (you can see how poor my tumblr post reached), even though I know how important social media when it comes to stuff like this but I still have my school work so it's really hard to balance the time :(
I did think of selling this worldwide too but the shipping price from Aus is ridiculous pricey compares to other countries and it's not so good to have my customer pay the shipping that about 2/3 of the total product so I guess I can only make my business in Aus, at least for now.

ChipNoir

Pro Adventurer
On further reflection, a tote bag is a little limited for anything besides shopping, which as a small town resident IS handy. But if you could get the same design onto a messenger/laptop bag, that'd go a lot further for people like me that never go anywhere without their laptops.

cun10294

Pro Adventurer
On further reflection, a tote bag is a little limited for anything besides shopping, which as a small town resident IS handy. But if you could get the same design onto a messenger/laptop bag, that'd go a lot further for people like me that never go anywhere without their laptops.
In the end the timeable is too tight so I can't make the item this year so I kinda plan to release it next year (would be great if we can have another FF7 remake trailer at E3 next year tho). But really thank you for your recommend, the reason I choose to go with tote bag is because they are lighter and cheaper so it would be easier to ship them around the world, if I do anything like latop bag I'd meet the same situation with T-shirt, that I must have many sizes in stock. But since I have more time to plan, I'm kinda thinking of choosing a third-party T-shirt printing site like Redbubble or Teespring so I don't really need to worry about the stock anymore, plus my customer can have more option on which thing they would want the print on.

Top Bottom