FF7 Voice Over Project: Auditions Saturday!

Ravynne Nevyrmore

that one Lucrecia fangirl
AKA
Ravynne
So while I was merrily running a google search for the FF7 script two days ago (note: found it), I happened upon something infinitely more interesting:

Brand-New FF7Voice Auditions, January 1st, 3rd, and 5th. Click for Details!

I'm not sure how many of you are familiar with the Overclocked Remix community—I wasn't, though I did spot a post by Pixel, lulz—but you may have heard of the OC Remix FF7 soundtrack. I, in fact, have several of the mp3s of remixed FF7 songs in my collection and had no idea that these nifty folks had a forum community.

The project is to create a patch for the (legitimately purchased) PC version of FF7 that will add voice overs to the dialogue. This is actually something I was interested in doing about a year ago, but due to lack of interest from others and motivation from myself, it fell through.

These OC Remix folks are far more talented and capable than myself. =P

So, of course, what is needed are voice actors!! ;D I'm sure you'll note that the dates listed on the OCR post have already passed, but I e-mailed the dude in charge and got him to set up another session for anyone from TLS (or any of your other friends) that might be interested.

This will be Saturday, January 17, at 6:00 PM EST. That's only two days from now, so get the word out quickly.

You'll need Ventrilo (download the client, not the server), and, of course, a computer microphone. The Ventrilo info is:

IP / Hostname: vent36.light-speed.com
Port: 5124

Hope to see/hear more than myself there. ^_^

ForceStealer

Double Growth
I LOVE me some OCRemix, and that's certainly an interesting idea. It could very easily end up sounding like shit, but djpretzel certainly knows his stuff and runs a rather tight ship. (EDIT: Though he doesn't appear to be running this, so scratch that :monster:)

Thanks for the info.

Interesting project, too bad I don't have a "voice actor" voice. Some of these projects can actually go quite well, there is a voice-over for FFVIII on youtube and its quality is surprising.

Good luck with this.

Countess Ariadne

Pro Adventurer
I love OCRemix as well. And though I'd like to participate, I don't have the voice for it either. But I look forward to seeing what comes out of it! Good luck!

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I'd join, but I'd A. make a tard of myself and B. intimidate slash over-hornify anyone hearing me, :monster:.

Not to mention C, massive Dutch accent and a very limited experience in actually speaking English.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
I have no devices with which to record my voice, but I'm sure I could make a good Rude or Barret :monster:

Ravynne Nevyrmore

that one Lucrecia fangirl
AKA
Ravynne
Well you guys who are saying you don't have "good voice actor voices"—who knows, maybe you could voice a minor character. Who's to say Dio wasn't Dutch? xD

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
[quote author=Ravynne link=topic=341.msg8746#msg8746 date=1232069564]
Well you guys who are saying you don't have "good voice actor voices"—who knows, maybe you could voice a minor character. Who's to say Dio wasn't Dutch? xD
[/quote]

That wouldn't be that wierd, actually. Ai'm from Holland, ishn't that vierd?

Just keep in mind that Myers does a very poor Dutch accent.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
[quote author=Cthulhu link=topic=341.msg8584#msg8584 date=1232052068]Not to mention C, massive Dutch accent and a very limited experience in actually speaking English.[/quote]

Really? I mean I knew you were Dutch but you write English so well I would've thought you could speak it flawlessly (accented or otherwise).

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
[quote author=ForceStealer link=topic=341.msg10456#msg10456 date=1232621532]
[quote author=Cthulhu link=topic=341.msg8584#msg8584 date=1232052068]Not to mention C, massive Dutch accent and a very limited experience in actually speaking English.[/quote]

Really? I mean I knew you were Dutch but you write English so well I would've thought you could speak it flawlessly (accented or otherwise).
[/quote]

There's actually a bit of a difference between the two depending on practice and automatism and whatnot, so I'm not as smooth in talking it due to not having a lot of practice (and a general lack of smoothness in talking, but whatever). The internet rox for being able to take the time to think out your sentences, :monster:.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Well if it makes you feel better you write a lot better in English than a lot of native English speakers that I've met. :monster:

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I've heard / noticed that one a lot already, but thanks just as well :monster:. Also, correct me if I fuck up or I b7.

Top Bottom