• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

[FF7PC HD] Satsuki Yatoshi Mod - SYW5

Wol

None Shall Remember Those Who Do Not Fight
AKA
Rosarian Shield
OK so I'm about to have a go at OG once again, and I was wondering what mods I should consider? That Satsuki mod looks nice, but I think I definitely need the re-translation one? I don't really think I'll need anything else beside this because I'm in the "I like the old models anyway" camp.
Odysseus mod that restores unused dialogue might interest you.

Eerie

Fire and Blood
I'm not sure what this adds to the game. The devs chose for a reason to not include them and while it can be interesting to study, I'm somehow doubtful when I just want to replay?

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
I wasn't gonna advertise myself lol. I made that thing because I wanted to, I wasn't trying to "improve the game" or anything. I figured it would just make a nice alternate look at the original, see some ideas that might have been in there but ultimately weren't. Compared to other mods I didn't really change that much. For the few big things that are different, many more things are only minorly altered, and even more were completely untouched.

Eerie

Fire and Blood
Yeah I guessed that ha, don't worry! It's just I want to play with the shiny new translations I haven't been able to really check, so it's kind of a defeating purpose to install such a mod ^^' I haven't played the OG in eons lol.

I do think it's an interesting mod though, just not this time around!

Edit: mmh question: are The Reunion and the Statsuki mods compatible?

Edit bis: nope they're not compatible ^^'

Last edited:

Kuraudo.

Panta rei
Thanks guys for the comments, I'm happy you enjoyed the trailer. The idea was to showcase the wonderful work done by Satsuki which is IMHO outstanding.

SYW V5 comes also with 30fps FMVs and restored animations (first mod to attempt in this)
Plus a very handy installer for who is lazy:
-SYW V5 All-In-One Installer

-------------------------------------------------------------

On another hand, regarding Reunion: it is a totally different Mod-Manager platform, which has as default a mandatory mod, "Beacause":
"Beacause it's a complete retranslation and relocalization from the ground up, using the original Japanese script. The aim is to have an end product that is accurate and professional. Official sources have been used to minimize errors in context and spelling."
-Reunion Key features
-Documentation
-Japanese proof-check

I highly recommend to play the FFVII OG with the retranslation since the original translation was very poor, so poor that you can distract yourself from your play: many mistakes (ex: Beacause, Off Course, etc.), no-sense dialogues, two major mistake plot-wise and so many "lost in translation situations" due to Baskett which was alone (most likely) and did the whole original translation in 1 month.
The retranslation had two japanese proof-checkers.

Also, see below.

Issues:
"The original English localization suffers from errors in grammar, spelling, context and translation.
A lot of the errors point to a rushed job due to little communication with the original authors.
Many of the errors miss out on specific references to people, places, and mythology.
Some errors alter the plot; a few, severely. Some errors have been adopted as canon by SE, and some have been modified in later media."

Plot-wise:
"Quite a few... more than two. But off the top of my head:
1. Tseng was said to have died in the original game, when really he was injured.
2. When you meet Vincent he says something like "So Sephiroth knows he was created 5 years ago" instead of something like "So Sephiroth learned the secret of his birth, 5 years ago"
3. Cait Sith dialect being English means that Scarlet's dialogue "Reeve, you talk funny" (better translated as "Your accent has gone all funny") is totally confusing. Reeve is supposed to be talking in a Scottish accent at this point and Scarlet is making reference to the fact. And hundreds of medium and minor errors too."

I would add:
-Red XIII dialogues were suppose to be changing: Pre-Cosmo Canyon he's acting as an adult and Post-Cosmo Canyon its true self comes out, also Tim Rogers explaining that particular scene wonderfully.

By the way Reunion it's compatible with SYW V4 as of R06g and from the new version R06h it should be compatible with SYW V5 (but with 15fps movies.)

Last edited:
Top Bottom