• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

FFVII CHARACTER SMACKDOWN - The Neutrals Championship

jxWghK4.png

fancy

pants
AKA
Fancy
stopwatch.png

THAT’S IT!

This marks the end of the first round! Give a big round of applause for our first participants, please! Without them, this wouldn’t have been possible!!

tenor.gif

Spectators (and the audience!*) have 24 hours to cast their votes (either by posting in this thread or messaging me privately) for the champion that they have been swayed to stand behind. Our esteemed spectators this round are...

Spectators.png

Fancy (when neccesary)
Joe
robotwarui

At this time, spectators and audience members are allowed to post their thoughts on the match. Players are NOT ALLOWED to counter any of these comments with new arguments or to continue ‘battling’ in general. Any attempt to do so will count as an automatic loss for your team. Players are free, however, to pay compliments to your opponents and such. ^^

Players!

If you’d like to opt out of participating in the next round, tell me so now. Otherwise, I’m going to assume you’re still playing and you’re going to be reshuffled into a new team.

In General

If anyone (players, spectators, audience, anyone) has any feedback, questions, or concerns regarding the rules, please post that in the master thread here. It’ll be easier for me to keep track of/find your feedback this way for future reference. Thank you!

Any non-participant who’d like to be shuffled into a team, please say so now.

*You may be wondering what the point of having a spectator role is if the audience can help decide the winner. Well, it’s to ensure that there is at least someone making the decision just in case the audience is silent. ^^

stopwatch.png

Last edited:

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
I went to bed after submitting my piece of the argument, so sorry I couldn’t contribute more. Well done teams. Excellent stuff to wake up to :monster:

solo player sab

normie trash
AKA
Sab
Hey LicoriceAllsorts, does your back hurt from carrying us? :awesome: you’re amazing!!!

Shout out to Team Chocobo for comin’ in hot with those arguments! I probably wouldn’t have been able to come up with those :lol: GOOD GAME YA’LL LETS DO IT AGAIN!

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
This was fecking awesome to watch and read. :D I thoroughly enjoyed it! Enough to make me make a casual post for the first time in ages :wacky: Great job guys, can&#8217;t wait to see more <3

This has to be the most hilarious community event TLS has ever had. The creativity in here is overflowing!

On what basis should I cast my vote? The team that made me laugh the most or the one that was the most insane in its attempts to convince who would win in a fight? :wacky: I am struggling over here.

Lestat

He/him
AKA
Ergo, V
Apologies for missing out on this but I've been stuck on an island in the middle of nowhere watching my kids chase goats and sheep across a few acres of land since Friday :-/

BforB

Pro Adventurer
AKA
B
Goddamnit with your logic, Licorice! You're too good but not good enough VOTE CHOCOBO, great match; my brain was doing the equivalent of the post-exercise lying on the sidewalk and panting like a dog. You wore me out!

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
On what basis should I cast my vote? The team that made me laugh the most or the one that was the most insane in its attempts to convince who would win in a fight? :wacky: I am struggling over here.

Vote for who sold you an FFVII phone :monster:

Clement Rage

Pro Adventurer
I motion to approve the use of bribery in future rounds.

I'm so glad I got to talk about the mechanics of time travel. It's so nostalgic.

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
Okay I'm here to cast my official vote as a judge of this round. I've been reading all posts since the beginning and have gone back and forth several times. Great work everyone.

I have played barely any of FFVII. The furthest I have got is, funnily enough, up to Don Corneo's mansion. I've played CC and watched ACC a whole bunch of times. I've been part of this community (through ACF) for over ten years so have peripheral knowledge of the whole game, but nothing firsthand.

What this basically amounts to is a lack of any real opinion on most all of the characters we're pitting against each other. If you tell me the chocobo driver can time travel, I will believe you. HOWEVER. Be careful what you say as you may be opening your character up to greater criticism. I'll be deciding my winner based on the strength of the team's argument and how convinced I am of their feats.

I quickly realised that this wouldn't be easy within the first two posts. Both Lic and Roger opened this smackdown in an incredible way. I was all "OH SHIT DIS GON BE GOOD"

I decided to come up with an almost arbitrary point system to help me keep track of my own journey through these posts. The first post netted a few points for opening the argument and then afterwards I allocated each team between 1-5 points every time I was won over by their side or thought an interesting point had been brought up.

I also allocated extra points based solely on creativity. The raps and images were great and did a lot to endear me to that side.

Finally I wanted to allocate an additional full 5 points to what I considered the best post in the entire fight.
Unfortunately in this case there was a tie between two posts, from opposing teams. They were still took into account but inevitably made no difference.

It was really tough and while I won't show the point allocations, believe me it was damn close. The winner for me by a small margin is:

Luxiere !

While Luxiere doesn't seem to come across as an overly strong or courageous individual compared to others, he does have the training and has had the leadership.
What ultimately let Chocobo Driver down here were claims to his time travel shenanigans. Once this apparent feat was brought to the table he became more open to criticism and seemed ultimately weaker as his actions betrayed this apparent truth.

My personal MVP for this round was Licorice for opening the fight and having the stamina to go the full distance in support of her fighter.
Special mention goes to Minato for his first post in defense of his character. Right at the beginning of the smackdown I thought this post alone had sealed the deal as a clear winner. Unfortunately it didn't pan out that way but props where props are due.

Well done to all participants and I'll see you in the next round!

fancy

pants
AKA
Fancy
jdlskfjsdlkjf

I love everything about this
giphy.gif

Thanks so much, Joe!! Really solid post!

fancy

pants
AKA
Fancy
ROUND 1-1 WINNER

Your spectators (and audience) have spoken.

Luxiere.png

VICTORY GOES TO TEAM MOOGLE!!!
moogle_mascot.png

&#10023;&#65381;&#65439;: *&#10023;&#65381;&#65439;:*LicoriceAllsorts*:&#65381;&#65439;&#10023;*:&#65381;&#65439;&#10023;

• BforB
  • Channy
  • ChipNoir
  • Clement Rage
  • Elessar
  • Ergo Proxy (Moss)
  • Fancy - spectates when necessary
  • Joe - spectating
  • LicoriceAllsorts
  • Minato
  • Mr. Ite
  • robotwarui - spectating
  • solo player sab

Let me know if anyone has a problem with this list.

In the next few hours, I&#8217;m going to be making some adjustments to the rules and assigning folks to their new teams. Please note that the next round will happen over a span of 96 hours, with 72 hours dedicated to battling and 24 for spectator voting. We&#8217;ll see how this goes and decide if we want this to be a permanent rule change.

Look forward to the next battle post!

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
Congrats Lic, sab and Channy, well fought! Thank you dearly, all of my teammates. We did everything that could be done with Chocobo Driver, no question about that.

fancy

pants
AKA
Fancy
Battle Post - ROUND 1-2

Round 1-2

Your Teams...

Team_Chocobo.png

LicoriceAllsorts
Clement Rage
solo player sab
Minato
BforB

Team_Moogle.png

Channy
ChipNoir
Ergo Proxy
Mr. Ite
Elessar

Your Champions...

Cloud_s_Mum.png
VS
Time_Guardian.png

The Location...

matthew-sheridan-screenshot037.jpg

Seventh Heaven (Bar Area)

Cloud&#8217;s Mum - Loving, single mother of one. Thinks an older woman would do just fine for her boy...
Are you ready Team Chocobo?

Time Guardian - An ancient force found in the Temple of&#8230;.Ancients&#8230;.
Are you ready Team Moogle?

The countdown begins when the first team player posts!

BforB

Pro Adventurer
AKA
B
The Time Guardian's job is to observe time and ensure that all occurring events are in line with what is destined to happen, no?

Therefore, without Cloud's mother, there would be no Cloud. There would be no coincidental run-in with Barret and co., there would be no AVALANCHE, and therefore there would be no ragtag team of misfit heroes to thwart JENOVA and Meteorfall.

The destruction of Gaia does not align with the interests of the universe, and therefore the Time Guardian has no obligation to disrupt this chain of events.

It is because of this that Cloud's mother, the one who gave life to Cloud and helped steer him along his destined path, is untouchable to the Time Guardian.

fancy

pants
AKA
Fancy
stopwatch.png

OH SNAP, SHE SAID WHA?!

Let the record show that the battle phase of Round 1-2 was initiated by Team Chocobo on 8th May, 09:48 GMT.

All players have until...
11th May, 09:48 GMT
...to make their cases.

Here's a link to a time zone converter in case anyone needs it.

Best of luck!

stopwatch.png

Lestat

He/him
AKA
Ergo, V
The Time Guardian's job is to observe time and ensure that all occurring events are in line with what is destined to happen, no?

Therefore, without Cloud's mother, there would be no Cloud. There would be no coincidental run-in with Barret and co., there would be no AVALANCHE, and therefore there would be no ragtag team of misfit heroes to thwart JENOVA and Meteorfall.

The destruction of Gaia does not align with the interests of the universe, and therefore the Time Guardian has no obligation to disrupt this chain of events.

It is because of this that Cloud's mother, the one who gave life to Cloud and helped steer him along his destined path, is untouchable to the Time Guardian.

Clouds mother provided no help whatsoever during the events of ffvii. Her only attributing factor is that she gave birth to cloud, that said had she not given birth to him then Zack wouldn't have died trying to protect him leading to the possible future where he became the main protagonist protecting the planet...and you know who would be there to record all that? Our little hero the time guardian, seemingly immortal and happy enough to let you navigate his clock puzzle and get a characters ultimate weapon.

Did clouds mum do that? No.
She couldn't even dodge a fire spell from a nutter with severe mother issues.

Cloud's mother is clearly mortal, while the Time Guardian is clearly immortal. If this smackdown is to the death, then the Time Guardian's inability to die means that all it has to do to win is be patient. It doesn't even have to go to 7th Heaven to win. It doesn't have to lift a single finger (or whatever it has instead of hands). It can sit in its dank retreat in the Temple of the Guardians and wait for Mrs Strife to die of old age. Hardly what one would call a fair fight, let alone an exciting one.

But what if it were a nagging smackdown? Who then would throw in the towel first? Not Mrs Strife, that's for sure. She's such a champion nagger, her son literally can't remember her doing anything else. She's got in way more than the 10,000 hours of nagging practice needed to become an expert. Nothing less than Sephiroth's masamune could silence her.

And let's not forget that mother love is the most powerful force in the universe.

Top Bottom